College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fingers crossed that Nike decides speed comes in school colors this year.

Well, they didn't have any problems with TCU, Florida and Boise State last year so there is hope, but with Oregon all bets are off.

They had major problems with TCU last year, or rather, TCU had major problems with Nike. Of the set Nike created for them, they only wore the black jersey. There was major fan outcry over the lack of purple in the set Nike made, which eventually pressured the AD into saying thanks but no thanks.

Ok, yes, you're right, but what I meant was that at least with the sets Boise, TCU and Florida wore, there were no extraneous colors. No unnecessary silver or gray or "anthracite" or "volt." Yes, purple may have been missing from TCU's set initially but an all-black set would have still been all-school colors.

The Rose Bowl set designed for TCU included the same silver helmets and pants they wore vs. Oregon State in the opener at Cowboys Stadium.

Fingers crossed that Nike decides speed comes in school colors this year.

Well, they didn't have any problems with TCU, Florida and Boise State last year so there is hope, but with Oregon all bets are off.

They had major problems with TCU last year, or rather, TCU had major problems with Nike. Of the set Nike created for them, they only wore the black jersey. There was major fan outcry over the lack of purple in the set Nike made, which eventually pressured the AD into saying thanks but no thanks.

They also wore the purple socks and purple/silver shoes.

What Niek designed for TCU:

TCU+rose+bowl.jpg

what TCU wore:

58545465.jpg

I think the only thing I dislike about the Oregon set is the helmet. The liquid black finish is really cool, but the design of the helmet is absolutely atrocious. For one, the wings are way too big. Second, why white wings? It just doesn't match with the uniform at all. But again, the rest of the uniform? Really nice. I too like the new number font, I think it's sharp. I like the new wing design on the shoulders, and hey! It's school colors! Yipee! :P I think if they had a different helmet, this set would be stellar. As it is right now, though, the helmet unfortunately drags it down a bit. It's too bad - what with the Fighting Ducks set and this, Oregon's been SO close to nailing its most recent sets, but some components of the uniforms (FD set's black helmet/pants instead of yellow or white, this set's helmet) have unfortunately prevented the uniforms from being as great as they should be.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Nike Football just tweeted, "The New Look of Speed hits the field on January 2nd, but you'll get your first look tomorrow."

Guess this means special unis for Oregon. :censored:.

I'm surprised that Oregon didn't use the game against LSU as an opportunity to premier their new uniforms for next year, since you'd think they'd have new ones next year (three-year design cycle) so I guess they'll be doing it for the Rose Bowl. This ought to be fun to watch.

It's not new uniforms, it their unis for the rose bowl.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Oregon's got that 3-year thing with Nike right? They used the diamond plate from 2006-08, and they've used the wings from 2009-11. Does this mean this'll be the new base for the 2012-14 look?

It looks that way.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Oregon's got that 3-year thing with Nike right? They used the diamond plate from 2006-08, and they've used the wings from 2009-11. Does this mean this'll be the new base for the 2012-14 look?

It looks that way.

The only problem I have with it is the wings on the helmet. You've been recognized by the "O" since 1999, why change it? IMO they should have put the wings on the bottom of the pants.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

It looks that way.

The only problem I have with it is the wings on the helmet. You've been recognized by the "O" since 1999, why change it? IMO they should have put the wings on the bottom of the pants.

Isn't Oregon's schtick that (completely illogical as it may be) "having no tradition is our tradition?"

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It looks that way.

Isn't Oregon's schtick that (completely illogical as it may be) "having no tradition is our tradition?"

I see what you're saying. But from 1999-2011, through the Joey Harrington era, through the "diamond plate" era, up until the "wing" era, all helmets (except for throwbacks), no matter the color, had the "O" on the side.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

It looks that way.

I see what you're saying. But from 1999-2011, through the Joey Harrington era, through the "diamond plate" era, up until the "wing" era, all helmets (except for throwbacks), no matter the color, had the "O" on the side.

Exactly. They've gone through the Harrington jerseys, the green and gold only set (when the multiple combos really started), the diamond plates, and the wings. Four distinctly different looks and all very modern designs, but they've always had the O logo on the helmet, even when they use different colored helmets.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Oregon's new uniforms are, without a doubt, the best uniform Nike has ever conceived. I've been wanting the wing on the helmet for ages, and the liquid black is perfect. The new font it great, they actaully stook to green, and gloves are awesome. Bravo Nike, bravo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Have they had these uniforms all year?

Yes.

And yes they are green!!, but color changing numbers and a new wing design on the helmet and shoulders. this is the lightest uniform yet.

408570_10151107635250721_57460905720_22271892_271853742_n.jpg

Small thing here I like. Numbers on the sleeves. I never understood why Nike didn't do this sooner, but better late than never. They realized that not everyone wears the unfershirt with the numbers on the sleeves. Smart move Nike.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived