College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears as if UA has removed all traces of black trim from the Bulls' uniforms. Not that I really minded it all that much, but they've definitely added by subtracting it.

On another note...I have no clue what USF's attachment is to those white helmets; I've personally never cared for them. And am I seeing things or is that particular helmet actually striped? If so, that makes no sense to me. I also kinda wish they'd tune up that bastardized Serpentine font...but I suppose that's become a fortified piece of their identity now. Also looks like the jersey numbers done shrunk on this set.

Still...overall, nice upgrade, especially the GREEN logo on the gold lids. I'll take these over those other wacky-ass UA templates floating around any day of the week. Nice job, South Florida.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Gold pants appear to still be too much to ask for.

To be honest, I like the idea in theory, but would have to see them in person first.

It appears as if UA has removed all traces of black trim from the Bulls' uniforms. Not that I really minded it all that much, but they've definitely added by subtracting it.

On another note...I have no clue what USF's attachment is to those white helmets; I've personally never cared for them. And am I seeing things or is that particular helmet actually striped? If so, that makes no sense to me. I also kinda wish they'd tune up that bastardized Serpentine font...but I suppose that's become a fortified piece of their identity now. Also looks like the jersey numbers done shrunk on this set.

Still...overall, nice upgrade, especially the GREEN logo on the gold lids. I'll take these over those other wacky-ass UA templates floating around any day of the week. Nice job, South Florida.

The consensus is questionable on the helmets. Some prefer the gold because of it's history. Some like the white, others don't. The green seems to be the one that a lot could get used to liking.

Personally, I think the green should be primary because it differentiates use from the rest of the Floridian schools.

To be honest, I like the idea in theory, but would have to see them in person first.

The consensus is questionable on the helmets. Some prefer the gold because of it's history. Some like the white, others don't. The green seems to be the one that a lot could get used to liking.

Personally, I think the green should be primary because it differentiates use from the rest of the Floridian schools.

Really? They're...gold pants...what's to need to see? Gold's a school color, that the other teams use about as frequently as they use green. And, there are gold pants in Teambuilder this year.

Man, what do all of these schools have against any design on the pants? Traditional striping? No.. but SOMETHING that defines them from pants you'd just go buy off :censored:ing Eastbay.

Seriously... that seems to be the trend. Over-design the jerseys til they look like clown suits, then buy the pants off the practice rack. Looks like crap.

Really? They're...gold pants...what's to need to see? Gold's a school color, that the other teams use about as frequently as they use green. And, there are gold pants in Teambuilder this year.

True, but gold has been used mostly as an accent color to the unis.

To be fair, the gold pants have been an option in many years of NCAA Football, but have yet to be seen publically. I wouldnt use Teambuilder as an official source.

I don't know where all these white helmets and alternative helmets are coming from. I remember someone around here a few years ago did some concepts for NCAA helmets with alternative colors. :therock: I mean who knows who looks in the CC boards! :P

CLHEL2.png

In the Tampa Tribune today, Skip Holtz was quoted as saying the players would vote each game for what uniform would be used to at first glance it appears there is no designated home or away combo.

As for the changes, I think the white helmet is now unnecessary with the introduction of the green. I too would like to see gold pants added to the set. As for the change in the gold hue of the helmet, I'm undecided. Yes, it now matches and that should be the ultimate goal. However, the old gold was unique (shared only with Colorado I believe. They changed for this season too.) and something that set USF apart from all the other gold helmet teams.

It was almost impossible to replicate in merchandise though. I have a Schutt mini helmet that is just about the only thing I've ever seen that accurately captured the color.

I don't know where all these white helmets and alternative helmets are coming from. I remember someone around here a few years ago did some concepts for NCAA helmets with alternative colors. :therock: I mean who knows who looks in the CC boards! :P

Virginia Tech had 4 hour helmets last season it's almost Oregon East.

Black Pro Combat

White (both no stripe and striped)

Maroon

Orange (Orange Bowl)

In the Tampa Tribune today, Skip Holtz was quoted as saying the players would vote each game for what uniform would be used to at first glance it appears there is no designated home or away combo.

As for the changes, I think the white helmet is now unnecessary with the introduction of the green. I too would like to see gold pants added to the set. As for the change in the gold hue of the helmet, I'm undecided. Yes, it now matches and that should be the ultimate goal. However, the old gold was unique (shared only with Colorado I believe. They changed for this season too.) and something that set USF apart from all the other gold helmet teams.

It was almost impossible to replicate in merchandise though. I have a Schutt mini helmet that is just about the only thing I've ever seen that accurately captured the color.

That's a novel idea; let a bunch of meat heads decide what uniforms to wear. BRILLIANT!

I'm sure the equipment manager doesn't show up to the team meeting to give opinions about what plays should be called. So I don't think the players should have any say in the uniforms that they should wear. Thats just me. Leave it to the experts...or at least to the people who know a little bit more about what the hell they are doing.

That's a novel idea; let a bunch of meat heads decide what uniforms to wear. BRILLIANT!

I'm sure the equipment manager doesn't show up to the team meeting to give opinions about what plays should be called. So I don't think the players should have any say in the uniforms that they should wear. Thats just me. Leave it to the experts...or at least to the people who know a little bit more about what the hell they are doing.

Leave it to the experts? What experts? The people who know what they are doing? Um... it's clothing, and some of it is poorly designed. I just don't see the problem with allowing the players to decide. More than likely it'll be the captains deciding and they'll probably decide by Wednesday or something, so it's not like it's 5 minutes before the game.

Archived