Brave-Bird 08

College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

A few other looks from Facebook

308604_266428846701083_204323346244967_1103449_5268626_n.jpg

308604_266428856701082_204323346244967_1103450_1363356_n.jpg

Well, since it's not YFYS or BFBS, I don't think they look that bad. They're not great but they could be so much worse. If their intent was to be Under Armour's Oregon, I don't understand the strict adherence to school colors, though. I mean, "school colors" is a foreign phrase to Nike and Oregon.

Well, since it's not YFYS or BFBS, I don't think they look that bad. They're not great but they could be so much worse. If their intent was to be Under Armour's Oregon, I don't understand the strict adherence to school colors, though. I mean, "school colors" is a foreign phrase to Nike and Oregon.

And "winning consistently" is foreign to Arizona. Quit trying to start things. As an old teacher of mine liked to say, "Think about what you are going to say. Think about it again. Then decide not to say it, you're a disruption."

And "winning consistently" is foreign to Arizona. Quit trying to start things. As an old teacher of mine liked to say, "Think about what you are going to say. Think about it again. Then decide not to say it, you're a disruption."

Who are you to tell me I can't make jokes? Get off my back.

Who are you to tell me I can't make jokes? Get off my back.

I agree with Kevin. Witty, and completely accurate. I hate when comments about sports branding turn into arguments about winning. there's another forum for that.

So the helmets will be completely logoless? I like the stripe on the black helmet, if I'm picturing it right from what we can see here.

Well, since it's not YFYS or BFBS, I don't think they look that bad.

There's more to good uniform design than adhering to some Paul Lukas catch phrase. These uniforms are just an example of too much going on at once. The Maryland flag design, turtle shell pattern, gradients, and red-yellow-black-white color scheme are all elements that could easily be overwhelming when taken on their own. By combining them all into a single uniform set, Under Armor has created a colossal mess.

Say what you will about Nike (and I mean that-their disrespect for traditional school colors is awful) but at least Oregon's uniforms have a certain degree of coherence to them.

Wait, so they have turtle shell helmets that don't match anything else in the uniform set, and matte black helmets, and both have no logo on the side? :blink:

I like separate elements of the uniform, but what a mish mash of a design.

Wait, so they have turtle shell helmets that don't match anything else in the uniform set

No, there's a turtle shell pattern on the shoulders and pants. Check out TeamBuilder.

The great thing is that there was no combo of the Red jersey with the yellow pants but that would be a combo probably seen. Pair that with the black matte helmet and you might have one of loudest combinations of this new set. Over on 2011 Maryland they are putting up all of the combinations, excluding a couple.

Let's not insult UMD. Incredible school. White helmet is the best in college football. End of story. The story is over. No more story.

I wouldn't go THAT far as to white helmets are the best for football, especially college football.

Let's not insult UMD. Incredible school. White helmet is the best in college football. End of story. The story is over. No more story.

is?

The lack of logos are incongruous and the white helmet does not match the white jersey due to the shell pattern that looks more Mario kart than major college football

Wait, so they have turtle shell helmets that don't match anything else in the uniform set, and matte black helmets, and both have no logo on the side? :blink:

I like separate elements of the uniform, but what a mish mash of a design.

I believe the term we are looking for is "cluster :censored: "