College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed Joe Kane. The purpose of the new striping for Ohio State was to make everything match, but they made the pants have a ticker black stripe that didn't match as well, and they also got matte grey pants, which do not match the helmet and do not look as good as metallic silver pants do.

Agreed Joe Kane. The purpose of the new striping for Ohio State was to make everything match, but they made the pants have a ticker black stripe that didn't match as well, and they also got matte grey pants, which do not match the helmet and do not look as good as metallic silver pants do.

Exactly...silver is supposed to be, well silver. Ditto Georgia.

Kansas St once Snyder came back ditched the matte for the metallic and they look much better.

Well, when OSU switched to Nike in the late '90s they made the black stripes too thick (and the white too thin). Previously with Champion, they were in the same proportion as on the helmet. AS for the sleeve stripe thing, it was ridiculous. They supposedly wanted to match the helmet stripe on the jerseys, which lead to a drab large red stripe on the red jersey. However, on the white jersey they replaced the white stripes with silver. Just dumb.

But yes, even though the silver color of their 2002 pants was too yellowish, it was loads better than what they currently wear.

I hate the matte look. It always looks unfinished and therefore unprofessional on helmets or cars. Matte pants are fine, as long as your colors are not gold or silver. Gold and silver matte pants look horrible.

I hate the matte look. It always looks unfinished and therefore unprofessional on helmets or cars. Matte pants are fine, as long as your colors are not gold or silver. Gold and silver matte pants look horrible.

Agreed. It's quite contradictory to use a color that's supposed to be lustrous but make it dull.

I'm particularly interested in Oregon's, since as I've mentioned before, it's probably a preview of the new uniforms they're switching to next year if they're sticking to a three-year cycle. The diamond plate was 2006-2008 and the wings would be 2009-2011, so I'm thinking that the LSU game will be like Arizona at Oregon in 2008 when the winged uniform made its debut.

PREPARE FOR THE PROCOMBPALYPSE!!!

Do we start our last rights now or later?

And thy Lord sayeth, thou shalt not wear monochrome, matte, BFBS, cover thy uniforms in panels and piping, or wear colours not in thy school's official colour scheme! Repent sinners, least you spend an eternity in uniform hell!

And now it's time for a psalm....

I disagree with the shiny (metallic is it called?) pants > matte pants. Nothing screams "high school" to me on uniforms other than drop shadow numbers and shiny pants. Matte just looks 100000x better and less childish IMO.

I disagree with the shiny (metallic is it called?) pants > matte pants. Nothing screams "high school" to me on uniforms other than drop shadow numbers and shiny pants. Matte just looks 100000x better and less childish IMO.

It depends on the overall look on whether a team should have matte or metallic pants, but I think silver and gold pants should always be metallic, because those colors do not look good in matte IMO.

That's odd, since in the NFL, Professional Football, almost all the teams still wear shiny pants (thank God... the Giants are the team that looks cheap).

Archived