Brave-Bird 08

College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

So I guess the point of Pro Combat isn't to do something different, seeing as these uniforms use last year's designs ;)

The Broncos set is frustratingly close to good. Only colouring one sleeve and only using the logo on one side of the helmet looks terrible, and really drags the whole look down. Plus, I'm not sure if the BSU logo looks that great rendered in that size. Something about the horse head seems "off."

The Oregon set is worse then the National Championship game set. Like that set, this one foregoes school colours in favour of black and highlighter yellow. At least with the National Championship game set, though, you could see the wing pattern (the best part about Oregon's current design). The double black thing might look "slick" in pictures taken under controlled lighting, but I don't see them translating very well on television on game day. Sort of like how the Jaguars' teal flaked black helmet looks great in promo photos but just comes off as black on television. Black on black numbers is also a no-no. Maybe the highlighter yellow outline will be enough, maybe it won't, but it still looks terrible.

The worst part about this is that the core idea behind this set could have lead to a fantastic uniform. I'm a big fan of uniform sets that can pull off a two colour look without using white, but the key there is to actually use team colours. Replace the black with green, the highlighter yellow with athletic gold, and make the wings and numbers athletic gold. That would have been a convincingly modern look that both played to Oregon's supposed dislike of the traditional while still honouring the school by using its colour scheme.

Meh. Guess Nike is just using last year's templates. Pretty lazy. What's the point?

Thanks for the link, BTW

Not looking nearly as bad as Georgia...that's the point.

Big fan of both.

And since Boise can't wear all-blue at home in-coference anymore, here's hoping they try to go Stormtrooper for the TCU game.

They're asking fans to wear all orange FWIW:

XRZVQNRRLRLFVLI.20110722145742.png

So I guess the point of Pro Combat isn't to do something different, seeing as these uniforms use last year's designs ;)

The Broncos set is frustratingly close to good. Only colouring one sleeve and only using the logo on one side of the helmet looks terrible, and really drags the whole look down. Plus, I'm not sure if the BSU logo looks that great rendered in that size. Something about the horse head seems "off."

The Oregon set is worse then the National Championship game set. Like that set, this one foregoes school colours in favour of black and highlighter yellow. At least with the National Championship game set, though, you could see the wing pattern (the best part about Oregon's current design). The double black thing might look "slick" in pictures taken under controlled lighting, but I don't see them translating very well on television on game day. Sort of like how the Jaguars' teal flaked black helmet looks great in promo photos but just comes off as black on television. Black on black numbers is also a no-no. Maybe the highlighter yellow outline will be enough, maybe it won't, but it still looks terrible.

The worst part about this is that the core idea behind this set could have lead to a fantastic uniform. I'm a big fan of uniform sets that can pull off a two colour look without using white, but the key there is to actually use team colours. Replace the black with green, the highlighter yellow with athletic gold, and make the wings and numbers athletic gold. That would have been a convincingly modern look that both played to Oregon's supposed dislike of the traditional while still honouring the school by using its colour scheme.

Oregon did do something different...the wings and numbers are now Black where as last year they were grey/silver. The outline of the numbers is now neon green as opposed to yellow. Therefore, I can see a change and it is amazing! I love it! Boise state on the other hand, all white for this uniform is okay, but the helmet is horrible.

the creativity isnt there with Boise and Oregon (certainly not with UGA) as they were last year. they're the same design but with different colors. again, i think Nike is being lazy, but at least with those 2 they pulled off a good looking uniform. im okay with them just being good and doing something that works when it works this well. Boise and Oregon have something fresh, well done, and can be excited about.

That's it? Two of Nike's favorite schools to mess with and that's all they did? How incredibly anticlimactic. That won't produce a board explosion at all.

And, like the Y2K theories, the ProCombacalypse has been proven false.

I really like Boise's set. That giant Bronco head just looks great, IMO.

I've always been a fan of mono-white though.

And Oregon, I can't help but like almost everything they've done in the past 5 or so years.

This set is amazing. Now I'm a sucker for white/black monochrome sets, so this is beautiful in my eyes. & that fluorescent yellow makes everything pop. My new favorite set.

A little messup on Nike's part, I noticed...

If you watch the Oregon video here, at the end of the video where it has "21 Oregon" in the corner, they used the wrong "2." They didn't use the one appropriate for a double-digit number, it's leaning a little bit too much the wrong way.

EDIT: I think they're using the wrong one and two. I think they did it that way so that the number "21" looked straight all the way around. Too bad it makes between the numbers look whack.

Meh. Guess Nike is just using last year's templates. Pretty lazy. What's the point?

Thanks for the link, BTW

Big fan of both.

And since Boise can't wear all-blue at home in-coference anymore, here's hoping they try to go Stormtrooper for the TCU game.

Boise monochrome orange would be one of the worst ideas ever imagined. I hope they do it. Just for the sake of novelty.

Thanks for the link, BTW

Big fan of both.

Boise monochrome orange would be one of the worst ideas ever imagined. I hope they do it. Just for the sake of novelty.

Been done already...

Thanks for the link, BTW

Big fan of both.

Been done already...

I mean with an orange helmet.

Thanks for the link, BTW

Big fan of both.

Been done already...

I mean with an orange helmet.

Ever heard of Clemson, Illinois, or UTEP. Been done before.

I disagree with the shiny (metallic is it called?) pants > matte pants. Nothing screams "high school" to me on uniforms other than drop shadow numbers and shiny pants. Matte just looks 100000x better and less childish IMO.

It depends on the overall look on whether a team should have matte or metallic pants, but I think silver and gold pants should always be metallic, because those colors do not look good in matte IMO.

Love your sig btw (bc of Dharma, not teams lol)

Thanks Ben Shwartz. B)

Although the credit goes out to Jt0323 who is the talented individual who made them for me.

That's it? Two of Nike's favorite schools to mess with and that's all they did? How incredibly anticlimactic. That won't produce a board explosion at all.

No the boards won't explode but Nampa and Boise are buzzing about them. Even Vandal fans like them.

Hey everyone,

Thanks a ton for compiling this list. I'm putting together a post of all the uniform changes for the upcoming season, and I'm missing a few images. Does anybody have an image of the following that I saw on the first page of this thread?

BC - new gold jerseys (did those end up not happening?)

UNC additions?

Pitt - I have the one pic of a player sitting on a stack of helmets. Anything else?

Temple New (/return of old) helmet (other than Helmet Project)

Utah (better pic that's not in the store)

Auburn - blue pants (are these actually happening?)

Arkansas St

FIU away (I have the blue)

Thanks in advance for any images you guys can help out with.

Oregon did do something different...

No, they didn't. It's the same uniform design as last year, it's more or less the same design as their regular non-Pro Combat set. Weren't you the one blasting other schools for not going with different designs for their Pro Combat uniforms? All Oregon did was recolour last year's offering.

I would hate to be in that section behind the end zone (the one beside Sec. 11)! You'd either have a neck ache or be sitting crooked the whole game.

Appalachian is getting a new 3rd uniform (this is becoming a yearly trend), I guess it will be released on homecoming, but I'm not sure.

I would hate to be in that section behind the end zone (the one beside Sec. 11)! You'd either have a neck ache or be sitting crooked the whole game.

I think they added that before the Oregon game because they promised Oregon a certain number of tickets and wouldn't have been able to deliver otherwise.

My tickets for the game are in section 10, but most TCU fans I know got put in 110 or 111.

Oregon did do something different...

No, they didn't. It's the same uniform design as last year, it's more or less the same design as their regular non-Pro Combat set. Weren't you the one blasting other schools for not going with different designs for their Pro Combat uniforms? All Oregon did was recolour last year's offering.

that was expected from Oregon though.

The volt thing is overplayed though. When can Nike get back to making Ducks uniforms in University of Oregon colours?