College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

South Alabama unveiled their new blue jerseys during the first scrimmage of camp and wore in the rest of the scrimmages.

McGlon-Field-Goal.jpg

For those that don't know here are their uniforms that they've had since their inception. They're adding the blue to this set but no word on how many times or when they'll wear them.

usa-for-hicks-columnjpg-cafa4b195701b7a8_large.jpg

8966181-large.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I heard they wore the new blue shirts at fan day but its been hard finding pics of it. Heard a rumor that there might be a dark blue helmet thrown into the mix too. Go Jags!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't see this posted yet, new Nevada uniforms. It's the WVU template and it looks good on the Wolf Pack.

6857609.jpeg

anda photo gallery

Why do these players look more athletic than the ones we usually see in uni unveilings?

I've seen worse.

05white-lg.jpg

I like Nevada's unis. Much better than the last ones.

did that girl make the team?

:P

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Didn't see this posted yet, new Nevada uniforms. It's the WVU template and it looks good on the Wolf Pack.

6857609.jpeg

anda photo gallery

Why do these players look more athletic than the ones we usually see in uni unveilings?

I've seen worse.

05white-lg.jpg

I like Nevada's unis. Much better than the last ones.

That's an all-time classic in bad athlete uniform models.

not sure if this was shared but heres a close up of maryland's new white helmet

turtlehelmet.jpg

Am I the only one who likes this helmet?

I'd like it too if it had the old Fridge-era "Terps" script on the sides and the shell pattern was toned down ever so slightly.

I know everybody already saw the new UA Maryland uniforms

Red_White_1314745602.jpg

But this combination looks very good, everybody was focused on the black set, but this one is insane

I still think the only thing that's bothering me is the gradient numbers. I don't know why but on all 3 jerseys I just can't stand the numbers!

That uniform is way....waaay too busy. Helmet - cool. Helmet stripe - absurd. UA logo on socks - bad. Number gradient - gooftacular.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Gloves aren't a common merchandise purchase. If I looked for long enough I could find the statistics to prove it.

Maybe not, but at 75 bucks a pop, thats a high profit piece of merch. Not too mention they are selling the :censored: out of tshirts with the gloves on them.

So when it comes down to it . . . Nike can print generic gloves with white or black palms and have the players wear them. Or they can print a crazy awesome design that players love to flash in front of the camera on national tv, and sell the gloves for 75 bucks as well as tshirts with pictures of the gloves on them.

And considering they probably cost nearly the same to produce, what would you expect them to do? Nike knows how to make money.

that players love to flash in front of the camera on national tv

Which will draw a penalty. Yes, let's encourage the players to break the rules in the name of making more money. That's the spirit of college football!

that players love to flash in front of the camera on national tv

Which will draw a penalty. Yes, let's encourage the players to break the rules in the name of making more money. That's the spirit of college football!

I think I've only seen it called a penalty once.

It was called against Ohio State multiple times last year, and that's just one game.

Was that the game against Michigan last year?

Yep, both of Ohio State's Pro Combats were for the Michigan games.

tOSU vs. Michigan would have been penalties here and penalties there if they were dressed in their normal uniforms. Think UGA vs. UF a couple years ago when the entire UGA team went on the field after scoring on the Gators - that's the kind of animosity we're talking about.

Don't blame that one on the gloves.

Don't blame that one on the gloves.

Except the penalties I'm talking about were specifically for doing the thing with the gloves. It's unsportsmanlike conduct.

The gloves don't do the celebration, the players do.

The players wouldn't draw the penalty for flashing the glove logo if they, you know, didn't have the glove logo. The logos are there specifically for that kind of display and that display is an automatic unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. It's an incredibly stupid and misguided gimmick by Nike and Adidas.

I suppose getting a 15-yard UC penalty for, say, taunting (turning to jaw at the other team when jogging in for a touchdown, or using the ball as a prop in a celebration, or diving into the end zone for no reason) is preferable to "glove-flashing"? Removing that aspect from the gloves isn't going to keep competitive kids from being competitive kids.

Archived