College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only schools I could see the Big Ten adding would be Notre Dame, Texas (only if they get rid of the Longhorn Netowrk) and maybe Pitt (if Penn St. allows it, which I doubt will happen). Oklahoma and Missouri aren't going to be added because of academics aren't up to par with other Big Ten schools and don't have much to offer in TV markets.

What makes you think Notre Dame will say "yes" now when the Big Ten has already invited them 52,380 times before?

Texas has no incentive to join the Big Ten if their network proves viable.

Joe Paterno has already said he'd like to see Pitt in the Big Ten. Penn State has no natural rivals in the conference as it stands now.

I didn't say any of these teams would accept if offered. I just said these are the only schools I could see them inviting.

Notre Dame is going to eventually join a conference to stay relevant. Texas would most likely join the PAC 12 if they left the Big 12. Until last year Paterno was definitely against Pitt joining the Big Ten for recruiting reasons. Regardless of what he says publicly, I'm guessing that's still true.

Yes, Buc. To get back on track:

With the football starting back up tonight, we'll see the debut of a few of the uniforms.

No funky combos or specialties for ASU tonight when they open against UC Davis. Gold, Maroon, Gold. Normal primary:

ASUvsUCDavis.jpg

love the maroon and yellow but those shoulder barbs are too similar to usc and the generic asu on the sleeves looks way too high school

and way to open up against a d2 powerhouse in uc davis...go aggies

Those silver sleeves DO NOT WORK with UNLV's whites.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Louisville's new unis look great. Greatly improved over any of the recent modern monstrosities.

Has anyone seen the roadies yet?

They look MUCH better. I think that the numbers are too small, but I will let that slide from the "arrow piping striping" they had prior.

Louisville's new unis look great. Greatly improved over any of the recent modern monstrosities.

Has anyone seen the roadies yet?

They look MUCH better. I think that the numbers are too small, but I will let that slide from the "arrow piping striping" they had prior.

The white tops have the same striping on the shoulders and they wear red pants. Overall, I think they took a step back for their uniforms, but they look okay.

spacer.png

Really like L'ville's new stripes. REALLY hate how they look on adidas' techfit. Grabage. Adidas should just tell teams they are incapable of doing stripes on those jerseys so teams quite ordering them. Just awful.

Also, the TV numbers are WAY too small.

They really are. I thought Bridgewater's number was 1 until I saw it up close.

gas wisconsin switched to techfit?

they need new turf.

No joke. I was driving through Madison earlier this week and decided to take a detour to check out the stadium. I took a stroll out onto the field and the quality of the field turf was poor at best. I've seen better fields at high school stadiums than at Camp Randall

UC Davis has the smallest TV numbers ever! I wish I could post a pic, but I'm posting from my phone.

I mean, they aren't on TV very much :lol:

Here's ASU's unis in action. Gotta say I like 'em. You can also see the UC-Davis numbers in the first picture.

photos.jpg

OsweilervsUCDavis.jpg

JarrettvsUCDavs.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

memphis is wearing miami's template. did they do this last year?

No, they had the Mizzou template previously. They also now have "Memphis" running down the side of their pants. Definitely a trend that needs to end before it picks up steam.

aleqm5ikzygbvwsg6dfxv3i.jpg

Actually, I don't have a problem with teams putting school name or nickname on the side of the pants. I tend to be more on the traditional side, but I actually like team names on the side of the pants for some reason.

Does UC Davis wear TechFits? I think all of the TechFit schools that have sleeve numbers have had abnormally small numbers, though I think the Aggies there take the cake.

UC Davis has the smallest TV numbers ever! I wish I could post a pic, but I'm posting from my phone.

haha.. I watched the game last night with an ASU friend of mine and mentioned the same thing. I actually liked the wordmark on the front of UC-Davis' unis, but the numbers were distractingly funny.

Those ASU uniforms looked amazing last night. However, I did not like the look of the Kentucky Wildcats away uniform. I thought the striping on the back on the pants was supposed to be one wide stripe and not two. Other than the blue on the shoulders, this Kentucky away set is just too boring. Furthermore, I thought WKUs uniform were okay. I hated them at first but they are growing on me. I just hate the white helmet because it reminds me too much of Louisville. Here are some pictures:

726-173rLR.Em.55.jpg155-DoOyZ.St.55.jpg251-SENML.St.55.jpg

spacer.png

Archived