College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

ASU actually didn't look so bad last night, from the top down. I still don't like the helmet, though (I'm a big fan of Sparky, and wish he were still on the helmet).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those ASU uniforms looked amazing last night. However, I did not like the look of the Kentucky Wildcats away uniform. I thought the striping on the back on the pants was supposed to be one wide stripe and not two. Other than the blue on the shoulders, this Kentucky away set is just too boring. Furthermore, I thought WKUs uniform were okay. I hated them at first but they are growing on me. I just hate the white helmet because it reminds me too much of Louisville. Here are some pictures:

726-173rLR.Em.55.jpg155-DoOyZ.St.55.jpg251-SENML.St.55.jpg

The stripes on WKU's helmets need to be a little thicker to match the rest of their uniform.

memphis is wearing miami's template. did they do this last year?

No, they had the Mizzou template previously. They also now have "Memphis" running down the side of their pants. Definitely a trend that needs to end before it picks up steam.

aleqm5ikzygbvwsg6dfxv3i.jpg

Memphis has the worst uniforms I've ever seen. Royal blue and grey do not work as a color scheme. That, and they choose a horrid template. Makes Maryland's uniforms look amazing.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Yeah, I thought Memphis couldn't look any worse last night. Their helmet looks awful, for one, and the way they use blue, grey, and black is terrible. That new template made me want to crawl out of my own skin.

I agree. It was pretty atrocious. Anybody else wonder why Mississippi State hasn't gotten rid of that over used template. I figured being on the verge of some national attention this year, they'd get a new look.

When compared to the past monstrosity of a helmet, this one is great. I loved the new WKU set, looked nice and I love the subtraction of silver.

And Memphis ... WTF, bro?

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

When compared to the past monstrosity of a helmet, this one is great. I loved the new WKU set, looked nice and I love the subtraction of silver.

And Memphis ... WTF, bro?

The addition of silver/grey was to help separate them from Louisville. I liked their old helmet, but don't think there is no grey anymore. They have an alternate in grey.

spacer.png

ASU looked great and the matte yellow helmets held up against those that say they mark up too easy.

You can't tell with a shade that light. Let's wait for a black helmet (which I believe most of them are) to make a judgment.

I'm not sure what you are questioning, but the helmets are matte and from the looks of everyone's lids they had almost zero markings on them throughout the game.

Source: I was on the sidelines last night.

You gave the Kentucky uniform a "D" because of the checkerboard pattern? WOW! I love the designs of the White and Blue Jersey, but just wish they would lose the white helmet and pant, then it would be an awesome set. Still have to give it at least a C+.

BTW, the only reason I am pointing anything out is that you gave Maryland a "B" and those are possibly the worst uniforms in history.

spacer.png

You gave the Kentucky uniform a "D" because of the checkerboard pattern? WOW! I love the designs of the White and Blue Jersey, but just wish they would lose the white helmet and pant, then it would be an awesome set. Still have to give it at least a C+.

BTW, the only reason I am pointing anything out is that you gave Maryland a "B" and those are possibly the worst uniforms in history.

yes the checkered pattern is a branding issue like i mention. take that away and they have a great design. you cant ignore those connotation and perceptions though. what do the Vol fans think?

i like Maryland. i explained why, but undertand its too loud for some.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived