College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

LSU/Oregon is such a fascinating game. Traditional uni's versus the present. As much of a traditionalist as I am (hate the NFL's arena football teams: aka..Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals), I'm flat out falling in love with Oregon's uniform tonight. Like someone else already stated, I should hate these...but I just can't. I can't wait to see Maryland on live HDTV. Watching teams like Oregon, ASU, and Maryland create such a strong identity makes me want my beloved Buckeyes to adopt their 2009 rivalry they wore @ Michigan and wear them full time.

oregon_lsu.png

ohiostate_michigan2009b.jpg

ohiostate_michigan2009a.jpg

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NCAA won't legislate on uniforms or uniform colors because those things make money for them. And the NCAA is all about money.

A man can dream, though.

You know, I'm actually not minding Oregon's look tonight. Maybe because it looks better in HD than on a computer, I dunno. And I kinda like Oregon's usage of volt (schools that are predominately orange and navy though...)

As for Georgia, it's like a giant blood clot running around with what they've got on. Boise State looks fine, granted I think the helmet would be better off with the horse on both sides or with their usual blue helmets

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Yeah, honestly on my 52" HDTV I'm not having trouble reading Oregon's numbers and they look pretty good. However, I found myself wondering what they could look like if the black was ever-so-slightly green:

oregon2.png

Nice. I like both of them!!

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Lol certainly.

Is it just me or doe the volt color look really green instead of yellow

I think that's part of the genius behind using that color. Sometimes it looks green and other times it looks yellow.

These are some of the coolest uniforms I've seen in a long time! I'm rooting for Oregon just for that reason.

I don't know why they did it, but Tulsa has new uniforms. Can't tell what jersey template that is, but the pants appear to be the same as Miami's from last year. And for whatever reason, the TV numbers are the same color as their shoulder yokes. (Speaking of the numbers, they're also Virginia Tech's, same as Buffalo went to this season.) As one of the only two people in this world who actually liked Tulsa's uniforms last season and the season before that...downgrade.

Now I'm trying to understand what's going on with Hawaii's uniforms. Looks like they got some kind of leaf pattern or something going on with the jersey yokes and the panels on the backs of the pants (which look absolutely ridiculous, by the way). And Hawaii's QB has a pretty spazzy undershirt on...looks like green lightning or something to that effect. I actually kinda like it.

As for Oregon's...I'm not going to say they're bad, because they're really not, but those uniforms would improve ten-fold if the numbers were single-color highlighter. (I've also been of the belief that Oregon football needs to nix the Belotti Bold numbers and go back to the Joey Harrington-era numbers...those look so much better, and are a helluva lot easier to read. Those style numbers in highlighter color on those uniforms they have on now would be ideal in my mind's eye...well, for this one-off NPC uniform, anyway.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'll ask again. Anyone have any pictures from the Tulane/SELU game? I read that Southeastern has new unis.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Lol certainly.

A carbon background will do that. People can bash Oregon and Nike all they want, but that green one minute...yellow the next second effect is pure genius.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Lol certainly.

A carbon background will do that. People can bash Oregon and Nike all they want, but that green one minute...yellow the next second effect is pure genius.

No, it's not.

Archived