College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Yeah they'll get smoked and then we'll all pull the "wow arizona way to embarrass the Pac12"

Be my guest. I have no illusions about that game and I will be surprised if we win. Unlike Oregon fans, I have realistic expectations about Arizona's season.

Why shouldn't Oregon fans expect to beat LSU and/or compete for the National Championship? The Ducks went there last year where they lost by only 3 points. They have one of, if not the best, running back in the country with lots of skill throughout the team. Just because Oregon has uniforms you don't like we shouldn't expect them to win? Since I have been here, I have been one of the only members that hasn't been annoyed with your over-the-top homage to Arizona and your obsesive hatred of Oregon(despite being an Oregon fan myself). You say Oregon fans are the ones who are arrogant and annoying when you should really take a look at yourself. Obviously my hopes of beating LSU are gone, but I personally still have title hopes even with that one loss. It's not like it hasn't been done before. You seem to always think that your opinion is fact and seem to search for any way possible to bash Oregon. Frankly I find it a llittle weird as much as it is annoying.

Sorry, had to say it, now back to the uniforms. The two times Oregon has worn the volt, it has been against traditional unifroms. I personally think that looks so interesting and cool to see modern vs classic. Oregon's looked real slick while LSU's iniforms were still their perfect selves. With Boise and Georgia, Georgie looked just as ugly as expected but i was pleasantly surprised with Boise. I loved their all white. Something about all white with blue just looks crisp. They really have to put a logo on the other side of the helmet though.

maehl.png

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe to get away from MORE Oregon nonsense <_< (Seriously. The argument has been played out.)

Oklahoma State looked horrific in their gray jerseys...

df7l07.jpg

Awful.

The grays are a classic case of Nike going one step too far, but the actual design of Oklahoma State's uniforms is great. They're modern, but the designers actually seemed to exercise some restraint while making them. I can't wait to see the Cowboys break out the black helmet-orange jersey-white pants combo.

Yeah, honestly on my 52" HDTV I'm not having trouble reading Oregon's numbers and they look pretty good. However, I found myself wondering what they could look like if the black was ever-so-slightly green:

oregon2.png

That extra bit of green would have made it my favorite uniform of college football. As it is, I still can't say I prefer it over traditional uniforms. But all-in-all...Oregon did look good. The volt color is pretty awesome, really. Just wish they used traditional green and gold for 10 games and leave the black, charcoal, and carbon fiber as rarely used alts.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Huskers appear to be using a different number font. I don't know how many adidas schools are doing this with the new template; it looks much smaller, more condensed. The NOB font is different as well. I don't mind it, actually. For reference--

taylor-martinez.jpg6109823957_47d0fe7b33.jpg

Old on the left, new on the right.

You can also see the previously mentioned "Big Red in the Big Ten" patch.

Notre Dame is using the same numeral font. Adidas must have decided that if a team wants varsity block, that's what they're getting. Too thick and too narrow for me.

And everything on that USF jersey looks one size too small. It's like a bad render on a last-gen videogame.

Michigan switched to TechFits too, but the number font stayed the same. The block M above the names looks nice, and the jerseys last year were way too shiny for my liking, so these are an improvement. Plus it seems the away jerseys won't have those stupid maize stripes on them anymore.

Picture1-1.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Oregon looked cool last night, sorta like if Christopher Nolan's Batman played football. BUT, I have principle issues with a team that so routinely avoids wearing their own school colors.

A few posters up has an avatar with a green jersey and carbon helmet/pants. I think that's a really good mix of traditional school colors with the nike add-on colors and it looks pretty sharp. I wish Oregon wore that particular combination more often.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I have to admit...when Oregon breaks out the green-green-carbon combo, they look great. That's probably the one case in which I'm cool with an outside color for Oregon. Aside from that, I can't say I like any other cases, not even the carbon helmet. The way I see it, a carbon helmet would work better for a team that actually has grey or silver as a prominent uniform color (like, say, Washington State). In which case, it would push the envelope a bit, all while seeming as if it fits in the identity.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Tulsa's new uniforms are terrible. Hate to see these smaller schools using the paint fill tool on Nike Team to create these nasty pieces of crap.

b4b6c04ed1837023686619cbd87656fd-getty-123699271.jpg

Did they get local first-graders to cut out the number font patterns?

About Oregon, I usually despise their uniforms but ended up torn last night. Conceptually, I still didn't like them, but damn, they looked pretty cool. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Yeah, honestly on my 52" HDTV I'm not having trouble reading Oregon's numbers and they look pretty good. However, I found myself wondering what they could look like if the black was ever-so-slightly green:

oregon2.png

THIS. I actually kept thinking that last night. It looked great, though in HD.

Tulsa's new uniforms are terrible. Hate to see these smaller schools using the paint fill tool on Nike Team to create these nasty pieces of crap.

Other than the number font (which is totally wrong for Tulsa) and the unnecessary retro-for-retro's-sake gray facemask, that's actually a pretty good uniform. I still like these better, though:

340x.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Disregarding the fact that there were no school colors in the uniform, I loved Oregon's uniforms last night. They were really cool from a strictly visual perspective. I'm a big fan of a dark colored uniform with small amounts of a bright color, similar to how the Seahawks use neon green.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Other than the number font (which is totally wrong for Tulsa) and the unnecessary retro-for-retro's-sake gray facemask, that's actually a pretty good uniform. I still like these better, though:

340x.jpg

from using VT/Buffalo/whatever font it is a blue and gold arkansas

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Tulsa's new uniforms are very close to being good. A few nitpicks:

- Everything seems mismatched. Helmet stripe, pants design, top design, all of it. There isn't a whole lot of flow to it at all.

- The VT number font has to go. It doesn't look good on VT, and it certainly doesn't look good here.

- Same color numbers on the sleeves? No, thanks.

Now, here's what I like about them:

- I'm not necessarily a proponent of grey facemasks, but for some reason, a grey mask on a gold helmet always looks good to me. Not that the previous blue mask looked bad at all (I liked that blue with the gold, myself), but the grey mask looks a bit cleaner. (That said, I'd have liked to have seen how a gold facemask would have looked.

- As far as the front number colors go I really like the added gold outline inbetween the red and blue. It definetely pops.

- Aside from the aforementioned font problem, the top is nice. I like colored shoulders and sleeves on a football uniform, and like them here. I even like the thin line where the shoulder cut is.

Here's what I think could've been done to fix them:

- Remove the helmet stripe. That's what's causing all the mismatch, to me. Take that completely out, and I think the uniform would flow alot better.

- Go back to the old number font, but keep that gold outline inbetween the red and blue.

- Color the numbers on the sleeve gold.

- Replace the front chest typeface with the "Tulsa" helmet script.

- This isn't a "have to", but rather a "why not"; try out a gold facemask.

Aaaand, voila. The uniform is fixed.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Maybe to get away from MORE Oregon nonsense <_< (Seriously. The argument has been played out.)

Oklahoma State looked horrific in their gray jerseys...

df7l07.jpg

Awful.

The grays are a classic case of Nike going one step too far, but the actual design of Oklahoma State's uniforms is great. They're modern, but the designers actually seemed to exercise some restraint while making them. I can't wait to see the Cowboys break out the black helmet-orange jersey-white pants combo.

Template is nice. I just don't like the completely unneccessary use of gray.

I had heard that Arkansas State was going to change uniforms from the ones leaked earlier. Here's the road uniforms.

The stAte logo is much bigger than it looked in the original mock-ups and the TV numbers moved from the shoulders to the sleeve and are now the same color as the chest and back numbers.

aepxmwbpawxlmfz20110903.jpg

Archived