College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had heard that Arkansas State was going to change uniforms from the ones leaked earlier. Here's the road uniforms.

The stAte logo is much bigger than it looked in the original mock-ups and the TV numbers moved from the shoulders to the sleeve and are now the same color as the chest and back numbers.

aepxmwbpawxlmfz20110903.jpg

Why is Illinois STILL wearing that tired tired template?

Maybe to get away from MORE Oregon nonsense <_< (Seriously. The argument has been played out.)

Oklahoma State looked horrific in their gray jerseys...

df7l07.jpg

Awful.

The grays are a classic case of Nike going one step too far, but the actual design of Oklahoma State's uniforms is great. They're modern, but the designers actually seemed to exercise some restraint while making them. I can't wait to see the Cowboys break out the black helmet-orange jersey-white pants combo.

um you guys know the dark gray is NOT sweat but dark gray paneling i seen highlights, its our worst fear!!!!

I had heard that Arkansas State was going to change uniforms from the ones leaked earlier. Here's the road uniforms.

The stAte logo is much bigger than it looked in the original mock-ups and the TV numbers moved from the shoulders to the sleeve and are now the same color as the chest and back numbers.

Why is Illinois STILL wearing that tired tired template?

I've been thinking they might be getting new uniforms for the past couple years. I'm having a hard time thinking of a Nike team that's worn the same modern template for such a long time. I really don't think it's a tired template though, especially in comparison to some other Nike stuff. What I do like is that we're the only team that's ever worn this template (as far as I know) and it's not worn by one team in every conference like the Missouri template.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

i LOVE Oregon's uniforms. Loved the NC game ones and love these. I just wish they busted out the volt socks as well.

i know everyone complains about them not using school colors, and i'm a UT fan who will cry the day they use black on their uniforms (aside from socks and shoes) but i see the volt as just a color between green and yellow, it's not like they're using blue or red or something way out there. i thought it was stupid when Cuse did it for LAX but anyway, that color combo with the matte black helmets just looked sick, just wanted to throw in my opinion, hopefully without offending anyone.

i LOVE Oregon's uniforms. Loved the NC game ones and love these. I just wish they busted out the volt socks as well.

i know everyone complains about them not using school colors, and i'm a UT fan who will cry the day they use black on their uniforms (aside from socks and shoes) but i see the volt as just a color between green and yellow, it's not like they're using blue or red or something way out there. i thought it was stupid when Cuse did it for LAX but anyway, that color combo with the matte black helmets just looked sick, just wanted to throw in my opinion, hopefully without offending anyone.

My problem isn't with the volt at all. It's close enough to yellow for me not to complain. But the fact that the entire uniform was black/dark grey with no green is what my problem with the uniforms were.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Tulsa's new uniforms are terrible. Hate to see these smaller schools using the paint fill tool on Nike Team to create these nasty pieces of crap.

b4b6c04ed1837023686619cbd87656fd-getty-123699271.jpg

Other than the number font (which is totally wrong for Tulsa) and the unnecessary retro-for-retro's-sake gray facemask, that's actually a pretty good uniform. I still like these better, though:

340x.jpg

Are you kidding me? Tulsa's old unis are putrid. These newer ones are at least cleaner. The new ones only need 2 things: the old number font and white TV numbers.

34y7eo5.jpg

You know what they say, "Traditionalist's can go die in a hole if they don't like it."

My problem isn't with the volt at all. It's close enough to yellow for me not to complain. But the fact that the entire uniform was black/dark grey with no green is what my problem with the uniforms were.

I understand but the anthracite/black/gray just contrasts perfectly with the volt, I think green would look really nice with volt as well though

On its own in a vacuum (not taking into account the whole "that's not their school colors" argument, which I do think has a lot of merit), that Oregon uniform looks amazing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On its own in a vacuum (not taking into account the whole "that's not their school colors" argument, which I do think has a lot of merit), that Oregon uniform looks amazing.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have absolutely no problem with Oregon's uniform template. I think the wings are an entirely appropriate thematic element. My problem lies solely with the colors. Get rid of the black, get rid of the volt, get rid of the silver and relegate them solely to trim colors. I'm ok with silver wings on the green jerseys or black wings on the yellow jerseys, but the Ducks should only have two home jerseys: green and yellow.

Last night's uniform would have looked great if it was green with normal yellow trim.

I've never been a huge fan of SMU's sleeve stripes, and watching now they look even worse on a techfit template. It reminds me of the Steelers; too many stripes in a small area. The red and blue touching doesn't help either. Match their sleeves with their pants/helmet stripes and they have a solid look.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived