College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boise+State+v+Georgia+eLDoZr686NKl.jpg

Boise+State+v+Georgia+kcgWtBzcfu5l.jpg

99% of these Pro Combats are fvcking horrible. These guys look more like circus clowns than student-athletes.

I guarantee that ten five two years from now, we will all look back and laugh at how ridiculous these schools looked.

6uXNWAo.png

6109823957_47d0fe7b33.jpg

If Nebraska can have stripes that cross the seams on the adidas TECHFIT jerseys, why can't UCLA do the same for its stripes?

I don't think the Huskers' stripes cross the seams. As you can see from this picture, they're stretched similar to UCLA's. I guess it all depends on what type of jersey the players have. If every jersey was done in the quarterback style (seen above) it would look really nice. I'm sick of seeing every lineman having huge Chris Hovan-like armholes.

tb_bucs_hovan300.jpg

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

I'm sick of seeing every lineman having huge Chris Hovan-like armholes.

tb_bucs_hovan300.jpg

I read somewhere that D-linemen prefer jerseys cut like that to keep O-linemen from grabbing jersey under their arms and holding them there without getting caught.

i LOVE Oregon's uniforms. Loved the NC game ones and love these. I just wish they busted out the volt socks as well.

i know everyone complains about them not using school colors, and i'm a UT fan who will cry the day they use black on their uniforms (aside from socks and shoes) but i see the volt as just a color between green and yellow, it's not like they're using blue or red or something way out there. i thought it was stupid when Cuse did it for LAX but anyway, that color combo with the matte black helmets just looked sick, just wanted to throw in my opinion, hopefully without offending anyone.

My problem isn't with the volt at all. It's close enough to yellow for me not to complain. But the fact that the entire uniform was black/dark grey with no green is what my problem with the uniforms were.

I understand but the anthracite/black/gray just contrasts perfectly with the volt, I think green would look really nice with volt as well though

I don't disagree (and I really like the template aside from number font), but then Oregon should have made those their school colors. That is the issue, not how the new colors look together.

99% of these Pro Combats are fvcking horrible. These guys look more like circus clowns than student-athletes.

I guarantee that ten five two years from now, we will all look back and laugh at how ridiculous these schools looked.

Agreed on both points. You know I actually kind of liked how the Boise State pro combats looked in these pictures.

Boise-State2.jpgBoise-State4.jpg

But they didn't look anywhere near that good on the field last night. Georgia looked ridiculous.

BB52Big.jpg

The aggies thankfully got rid of the stupid squiggly line on their pants!!!! I loved tge three stripes from a couple years back along with the grey pants but I'll take plain white and maroon over last years. Crazy how such a little line can mess up a great traditional uniform.

That pants stripe looks absolutely awful on Wyoming.

When you have a unique color scheme like Wyoming has (does anyone else in 1A FBS have brown/yellow as their official school colors?), you don't need fancy elements on the jersey to make it stand out.

090311_CUHawaiiFB08sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

090311_wyomingFB17sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

That's the Colorado I remember! Great uniforms and always seemed competitive while they wore them. I am not a fan of Colorado but those battles with Nebraska early into the formation of the big 12 were great as well as k-state. Great games and great uniforms back then.

I know this is about unis but although I am excited to see the aggies in the sec I was actually more excited when they all were on board with keeping the big 12 alive and was hoping tcu and Houston (with the agreement that tge new stadium would have to be built) would join since they have shown they can compete on the same level as most big 12 teams. That would have given the big 12 a chance to make the north competitive by putting Oklahoma and Oklahoma state in the north. Guess I can always make it happen in NCAA 12.

Mmhmm, Colorado looks fantastic now. I really love that gold-white-black combo, too.

And I may be in the minority here, but seeing that Wyoming picture makes me wish they'd switch back to vegas gold. In my humble opinion, it works so much better with the brown than that mustardy yellow does. It's much more of a dusty, western scheme in my eyes, too. The vegas gold and brown just looked like it fit.

EDIT: Here's my favorite Wyoming look:

a-denney-101803.jpg

95221_crop_340x234.jpg

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

090311_wyomingFB17sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.jpg

I am not a big fan of yellow and brown, but I do like this look from Wyoming. I understand that those are their school colors and they will not be changing them, but by having multiple looks out of their set, I think they are off to a great start.

spacer.png

The aggies thankfully got rid of the stupid squiggly line on their pants!!!! I loved tge three stripes from a couple years back along with the grey pants but I'll take plain white and maroon over last years. Crazy how such a little line can mess up a great traditional uniform.

Agreed. No they just need to switch back to actual football jerseys and enlarge the "TEXAS A&M" text.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Boise+State+v+Georgia+eLDoZr686NKl.jpg

Boise State needs to put the over sized logo on both sides of the helmet. If you view the helmet from the front or the right, it looks like a generic white helmet that you would find at your local sporting goods store.

Kinda reminds me of this: Helmet_Penn_State.jpg

Now I am not bashing Penn State, but they should be the only team in the NCAA with a white helmet.

spacer.png

On his radio show, Scott Van Pelt hinted that Maryland might be wearing a helmet that none of us have seen yet.

Jon Ritchie, NFL listen.png

No, we've seen the helmet they are wearing, but it looks awful on the field.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived