College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Some bit of news coming out of Colorado.

Sorta mixed signals here

Per the Denver Post

"?Embree said the school has talked to Nike about a possible ?combat-style? uniform but only for a special occasion. ?I really don?t see us going out there and doing anything crazy,? he said. ?We have a great mascot in the buffalo and our colors are second to none.?

That sounds more like what Wyo or Ap state did than being a part of the pro combat rivalry program.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shut up, Spleen. Oy...

I'm surprised that Hawaii has gotten so little exposure around here.

New Hawaii uniforms in action

Sorry, I couldn't resist the obvious Halo joke.

Anyway, Hawaii's inis looked much better in person than in the unveiling. The pattern around the legs wasn't as distracting as I thought they would be. I still like their previous set better, but overall, not a bad set.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

It's completely fake. No way that is taking the field. I believe that's already been debunked, and a long while ago.

I am interested to see what UA puts out for Utah...potentially another blackout? Maybe with some tribal imagery of some sort? We'll have to see.

Well, we all know the blackout is coming...against Oregon State of all teams...Anyhoo, word is that the player is referring to a special helmet. So based on UA's showing this year it'll be matte black and read "Industry"?

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

For all the outrage that Oregon has got over the years, compared to what Maryland did on Monday, all of Oregon's uniform's have been conservative. Sure they use black, silver, carbon, and neon yellow, but when you strip down the basics of the Oregon uniform over the years, it's extremely conservative. It's proof why you do a logo in black and white first, because colors sometimes overwhelm a design and people at times pay more attention to color than design. The only outlandish thing that Oregon did design wise that wasn't normal were the diamond plating patter on shoulders and knees, the sublimated flames on the yellow helmet, and the wings currently on the shoulders. Those are small things compared to Maryland slapping not the full, but a half Maryland flag on the helmet and jersey causing the same team to look like two different teams on the field. I'm not saying that I hate them, I'm just saying when you step back and look at them and compare them to what Oregon has done, they are pushing the envelope. The funny thing is, most of these pro combat uniforms aren't all that wild, they're just different from what we are use to seeing.

OK, while I don't think Pro Combat is a bad thing for schools to have, this has gone too far.

http://www.examiner.com/trinity-trojans-in-fort-worth/euless-trinity-debuts-new-high-school-version-of-nike-pro-combat-uniforms

That's right: High School Pro Combat uniforms. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I love Hawaii's uniforms until the pants. Can't stand them. It's like I keep getting the feeling that the stripes really go down the sides, but the players just have their pant legs twisted. Just an awkward position for a pants stripe. At least, for that big of one.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

For all the outrage that Oregon has got over the years, compared to what Maryland did on Monday, all of Oregon's uniform's have been conservative. Sure they use black, silver, carbon, and neon yellow, but when you strip down the basics of the Oregon uniform over the years, it's extremely conservative. It's proof why you do a logo in black and white first, because colors sometimes overwhelm a design and people at times pay more attention to color than design. The only outlandish thing that Oregon did design wise that wasn't normal were the diamond plating patter on shoulders and knees, the sublimated flames on the yellow helmet, and the wings currently on the shoulders. Those are small things compared to Maryland slapping not the full, but a half Maryland flag on the helmet and jersey causing the same team to look like two different teams on the field. I'm not saying that I hate them, I'm just saying when you step back and look at them and compare them to what Oregon has done, they are pushing the envelope. The funny thing is, most of these pro combat uniforms aren't all that wild, they're just different from what we are use to seeing.

I tend to agree with almost all of this. I do think Georgia's uniforms were very ugly, and more over-the top than anything we've seen from Oregon. By now, you know what to expect with Oregon. Different uniforms and ideas, but nothing all that drastic from each jersey. I'm not in the Pac-10 region, and could be wrong, but I remember Oregon slowly getting more and more unique with their uniforms. With Georgia, you went from a more traditionalist uniform set to something that is an eyesore overnight.

60587_Boise_St_Georgia_Football.jpg

Michigan has finally gotten rid of the maize piping and weird stripe on their away jerseys. Last week, they wore their new home jerseys, which featured a Block M above the player name and a much better placement for the Adidas logo. The away jersey was worn in spring practice by a few players, and is much better than what they have used since switching to Adidas.

Old:

DENARD-ROBINSON-PASS-PASS-thumb-590x451-53589-thumb-590x451-53590.jpg

New:

camgordon.jpg

IMG_2863JPG.jpg

A big improvement, although a half maize/half blue stripe on the collars and cuffs would have been a nice touch, like they had in the early 2000's. We won't see them until week 6 though.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Michigan has finally gotten rid of the maize piping and weird stripe on their away jerseys. Last week, they wore their new home jerseys, which featured a Block M above the player name and a much better placement for the Adidas logo. The away jersey was worn in spring practice by a few players, and is much better than what they have used since switching to Adidas.

Old:

DENARD-ROBINSON-PASS-PASS-thumb-590x451-53589-thumb-590x451-53590.jpg

New:

camgordon.jpg

IMG_2863JPG.jpg

A big improvement, although a half maize/half blue stripe on the collars and cuffs would have been a nice touch, like they had in the early 2000's. We won't see them until week 6 though.

I have never understood why they had that piping on their away jersey's in the first place. Upgrade!

spacer.png

Shut up, Spleen. Oy...

I really liked Hawaii's look last Saturday. They looked much better in game action than they did at the unveiling. I give credit to UA and Hawaii for developing a set that looks very "Hawaii'n". At least, to me it does. I love how the helmet looks paired with the jersey and I'm actually a fan of the wild tights worn as sleeves.

Colorado_Hawaii_Football_60674_game.jpgColorado_Hawaii_Football_60676_game.jpgColorado_Hawaii_Football_60654_game.jpgColorado_Hawaii_Football_60592_game.jpg

Shut up, Spleen. Oy...

I really liked Hawaii's look last Saturday. They looked much better in game action than they did at the unveiling. I give credit to UA and Hawaii for developing a set that looks very "Hawaii'n". At least, to me it does. I love how the helmet looks paired with the jersey and I'm actually a fan of the wild tights worn as sleeves.

Colorado_Hawaii_Football_60592_game.jpg

I am starting to like the striping on the pants. To me, the uniform is a perfect fit for Hawaii.

spacer.png

Shut up, Spleen. Oy...

we've been busy with Maryland and ponies

/priorities

i dont know why the triangles arnt centered in all the Hawaii numbers. or at least in the 8. they're moved up so you get all 3 triangles in the number but a missing triangle in the cut out of the 8 would work so well and you wouldnt have that inconsistency with the rest of the numbers. details!

edit - different on the 6 and 2 as well. its just all over the place. but those triangles dont need to be there anyway. that would have been the best solution. eliminate it. its just not working

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

we've been busy with Maryland and ponies

/priorities

Ponies are always the priority. Always.

i dont know why the triangles arnt centered in all the Hawaii numbers. or at least in the 8. they're moved up so you get all 3 triangles in the number but a missing triangle in the cut out of the 8 would work so well and you wouldnt have that inconsistency with the rest of the numbers. details!

edit - different on the 6 and 2 as well. its just all over the place. but those triangles dont need to be there anyway. that would have been the best solution. eliminate it. its just not working

Only 0, 1, 7, and 9 have the three triangles centered along the right side of the numbers (well, 7's at an angle, but centered). I believe 2, 4, and 8 share the two triangle alignment at the upper right of the numbers while 3, 5, and 6 share the two triangle alignment at the lower right of the numbers. Other Hawaii athletics teams share the number font, but I think only the mens and womens volleyball teams have the font sans the triangles.

Archived