College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michigan has finally gotten rid of the maize piping and weird stripe on their away jerseys. Last week, they wore their new home jerseys, which featured a Block M above the player name and a much better placement for the Adidas logo. The away jersey was worn in spring practice by a few players, and is much better than what they have used since switching to Adidas.

Old:

DENARD-ROBINSON-PASS-PASS-thumb-590x451-53589-thumb-590x451-53590.jpg

New:

camgordon.jpg

IMG_2863JPG.jpg

A big improvement, although a half maize/half blue stripe on the collars and cuffs would have been a nice touch, like they had in the early 2000's. We won't see them until week 6 though.

I have never understood why they had that piping on their away jersey's in the first place. Upgrade!

Hear, hear. Why would a team with such a conservative, tradition-laden home set would want such a trendy away set? Big improvement indeed. Go Blue!

I think these are the best Michigan away jerseys:

henne.jpg

UM%20QB-Brady.jpg

As much as I usually dislike piping, it's subtle and adds a lot to the Henne-era set. And the sleeve design on the Brady-era aways is classic and classy. I'm usually a stickler for consistency but I don't mind Michigan deciding to mix it up design-wise on the white jerseys, as long as it's done tastefully.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I know the uniforms are supposed to look dirty and battle-worn, but the yellow seems dirty - and it doesn't match the shade of yellow in the logo right underneath it.

I agree, but I'm chalking it up to bad lighting choices by the photographer, as opposed to an actual discrepancy between the Pantone colors.

I think it would've looked much better if Arizona would've worn blue pants. The red clashes right now.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Pretty ugly game for Zona fans, getting their asses handed to them. Good look for OSU though, not feeling the white helmet with the black though, idk why but that has always bothered me, maybe too much contrast. Zona definitely needs blue pants in this set.

Not a fan at all, the only white in the uniform is on the helmet. White pants would look so much better.

Agreed. I really like the jerseys but there needs to be some contrast. Change that gray stripe and number trim on the jersey to white, throw in some white pants, and you've got one killer look. Being the old school fool that I am, I'm surprised by how much I like the jerseys.

EDIT: I should probably point out that I'm referring to the uniforms that Oklahoma State wore tonight.

BB52Big.jpg

Tennessee helmet stripes seem to be matching the jersey color this. Maybe just the lighting. What do you all think?

Old

bray1.png

New

bray.png

the bottom jersey is obviously wet, which would cause it to look darker, but i think the stipe on the bottom picture's helmet would look better with the top picture and vice versa. It's all probably lighting causing the problem.

Tennessee helmet stripes seem to be matching the jersey color this. Maybe just the lighting. What do you all think?

Old

bray1.png

New

bray.png

the bottom jersey is obviously wet, which would cause it to look darker, but i think the stipe on the bottom picture's helmet would look better with the top picture and vice versa. It's all probably lighting causing the problem.

It's not the lighting or the wetness, there were changes made this year to both the jersey and the helmet decals.

The jersey change was slight. When the TechFit jerseys were developed last year Adidas had matched the color to our exact Pantone 151, but because of the material and how it reflects light, it appeared quite a bit lighter than what we have previously worn. It was technically correct, but did not match the helmet stripes under any lighting, and I'm not just talking in photographs. This season, they adjusted the shade a bit so it would actually look like 151 in most lights.

The decal color was changed. They had made a change to darken it a bit a few years ago to match how the jerseys appeared. Now, with the lighter jersey appearance, the decals are now back to the true 151.

The uniform combos of Oklahoma State looks great tonight. I even like the look of Arizona with the red pants. Overall, it is a great looking game.

2011-H-W.png

2011-J-B.png

2011-P-B.png

I thought it was a terrible looknig game. Zona looked above average, but Okie State looked like garbage. Looks terrible to wear a white helmet if there is no other white on the uniform.

Archived