College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asu new blackout unis are ugly on paper but with the crowd the atmosphere heck even A mountain is painted black it works

I think the giant pitchfork logo at midfield looks awesome too! How do ASU fans feel about that?

On a side note, I really wish Mizzou would get updated uniforms. Don't get me wrong they were cool when they came out, since they were the only team with them. But now, with what seems like dozens of other teams butchering that template, the uniqueness has been lost.

I have to say, with the atmosphere included and everything, and the fact that fans actually showed up for an ASU game, this is one of the most successful blackouts I've ever seen. If they win this game, expect to see more of this. And mizzou needs to put the their on the helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Arizona State all black look is fine with me. What I think really sucks is that pitchfork at midfield. Straight up and down, it's horrible. If they rotated it 45 degrees or something like that and shrank it, I'd be fine with it. I just looks bad straight up and down. Actually it'd be cool if they could do a midfield image of Sparky throwing that pitchfork and combine the two looks.

Asu new blackout unis are ugly on paper but with the crowd the atmosphere heck even A mountain is painted black it works

I think the giant pitchfork logo at midfield looks awesome too! How do ASU fans feel about that?

I am happy with the pitchfork at middle field for two reasons. The size of it and the fact that Sparky is at the 25 yard lines. I have to admit I don't like the lack of Sparky but from what I hear the Sparky logo is still practically everywhere on campus.

PopHeading-1.gif

So who died on Arizona State?

That's why they are wearing black, correct?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So who died on Arizona State?

That's why they are wearing black, correct?

Dennis Erickson's coaching career if he loses this game.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I heard a rumor that some teams (specifically Northwestern) are wearing some sort of 9-11 special uniform/look tomorrow. Can anyone confirm?

It's possibly adidas had all there teams they sponser wear some hats and shirts with there logos in american flags

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

I think a yellow-red gradient would look better than yellow-white. That aside, does this look like ASU? No. Do I care? No. These are amazing uniforms.

Or no gradient at all. Solid yellow would look best, in my opinion. Same with Maryland.

maehl.png

I dont know what it is but ASU's blackout just isn't working for me.....I'm usaly one to love stuff like this but when I see the SunDevil's all black it just looks like a VaderDuck want to be. I guess Oregon ruined the all black look for me really. Its shaping out to be one hella game. OT baby!!!

I just noticed something that kinda irks me. The tiger patches on Mizzou aren't both facing forward. Anybody else think it might look a little better or "flowy" if they both faced forward?

He's gone? Like really gone??? We can have actually conversations on here now? (maybe) Oh thank the good Lord!

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

I don't care what anyone else thinks.

As an ASU student, these are BAD ASS. The Pitchfork is BAD ASS. I mean I love Sparky, I really do. But the pitchfork, the uniforms, the blackout. It's all BAD ASS.

ASUBlackout2vsMizzou.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I don't care what anyone else thinks.

As an ASU student, these are BAD ASS. The Pitchfork is BAD ASS. I mean I love Sparky, I really do. But the pitchfork, the uniforms, the blackout. It's all BAD ASS.

ASUBlackout2vsMizzou.jpg

Kind of like putting a spoiler on your Geo Metro.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's just too much black for me. Waaaay too much. As I said earlier, I really am trying to like them (I'm more open-minded than most traditionalists like myself), but nothing's doing. The "ASU" on the sleeve is terribly ameteur. No need or reason for gradient numbers. Having a tough time spotting any maroon anywhere, besides the outline on the pitchfork. And lastly...and this is just me, no argument intended here...Sparky belongs on the helmet, not the d*mn pitchfork (which isn't that great on it's own, to be honest).

Okay, I get the whole "BUT RECRUITS THINK THEY'RE KEWL!!!" deal, but really; did ASU really need a black uniform? No, seriously. Did they really need one? Right now it just looks like having one for the sake of saying "hey check it! We can blackout too, yo!".

Anyways, I'm really not trying to start any trouble here. I just REALLY don't like the direction ASU's taken this year as far as an identity goes. 5-6 years ago, I'd tell you ASU had some of the best sets in the nation. Now? They're not the worst, but they have significantly downgraded. It appears the Sun Devils have jumped on the wagon that views this age as about being "kewl", rather than "sharp".

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived