College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

saw that myself! Anyone know? Guessing it's a first night game at Big House patch. IDK

What is the patch that Hemingway (Michigan #21) has on his right front shoulder? No one else on Michigan's team is wearing it.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notre Dame's uniform SHOULD be great... but those silly partial shoulder stripes ruin it.

Can we all agree that the seaming/shoulder striping issue has reached some sort of critical mass? Looks like the Nigerian flag.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

UGA's end-zone font has been changed. Went from standard college block to the curvy font similar to what the basketball team uses.

The new endzone font is standard Helvetica. It's different than what the basketball team uses. Look at the G's.

Yeah, The Gs were what tipped me off at the first place. They've changed alot of things this year with the stadium. The bands for one are in different locations.....The Carolina band is in the middle of our endzone student section....which doesn't make any sense to me. And IDK where the redcoats are but they arent in their normal spot in the north east corner. This isn't my Grandfather's Sanford Stadium, hell it ain't even my Sanford Stadium with all of these shanagins.

The redcoats were in the middle of the student section, not USC's band. USC's band was in the northwest corner.

Don't really like the endzone fonts either.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

saw that myself! Anyone know? Guessing it's a first night game at Big House patch. IDK

What is the patch that Hemingway (Michigan #21) has on his right front shoulder? No one else on Michigan's team is wearing it.

Michigan is honoring players from the past, instead of retiring their numbers players will wear patches on their jerseys that refer to the past players. Hemingway's is a Desmond Howard patch.

Y'all wasn't lying about this Notre Dame-Michigan game. I'm LOVING what I'm seeing up on this tube in front of me here! Notre Dame's look is just further proof how great kelly green and gold look together; on the other side, is that some kind of stained-glass pattern the Wolverines have going on there? Love it--that, the shoulder stripes, the old-school numbers...this could be an early contender for best-looking game of the year.

(Now on another note, South Florida rolled on ND last week; ND is currently up 10 on Big Blue. Does this say more about the Irish, or about the Wolverines?)

How about even the referees getting into the throwbacks, rocking the retro-style hats!

LvZYtbZ.png

I just noticed that the Michigan cheerleaders are wearing sweaters that look nearly exactly like the throwbacks. The teams really took the throwback deal serious today, and I love it! Really well done job from top to bottom by both teams today.

It also helps that this game is turning out to be a great one!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Y'all wasn't lying about this Notre Dame-Michigan game. I'm LOVING what I'm seeing up on this tube in front of me here! Notre Dame's look is just further proof how great kelly green and gold look together; on the other side, is that some kind of stained-glass pattern the Wolverines have going on there? Love it--that, the shoulder stripes, the old-school numbers...this could be an early contender for best-looking game of the year.

(Now on another note, South Florida rolled on ND last week; ND is currently up 10 on Big Blue. Does this say more about the Irish, or about the Wolverines?)

How about even the referees getting into the throwbacks, rocking the retro-style hats!

Refs are full-retro, remember they no longer wear white knickers...

Refs are full-retro, remember they no longer wear white knickers...

The white knickers are still a current option for the officials.

LvZYtbZ.png

I was at the game, and IMO I think the jerseys would have looked so much better with either a green helmet or pants. Of course, when you win that bad, you look good in everything. IU should go white helmet full time.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The white knickers are still a current option for the officials.

Not for the NCAA. The CFO (College Football Officials) has mandated the black pants for all games, along with the 2-inch striped jerseys (old NFL style).

Knickers may be worn at lower level games (my high school organization leaves it up to the commissioner of the respective conference), but more levels are going to the black pants.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think that pattern on the M is supposed to recreate the old stitching they used. And yeah, that was a really great looking game. If it weren't for the fact that I'd get immediately tossed out of Buckeye Nation, I'd buy one of those Michigan jerseys.

BB52Big.jpg

Apparently Vanderbilt came out w/ black helmets vs UConn.Sorry but i'm not feeling it.

394824554.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315716782&Signature=uJuLDm8O%2BA0DXNbTRYno%2Fcp330w%3D

61459_Connecticut_Vanderbilt_Football.jpg

Considering they won, I think we might see those more often.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Apparently Vanderbilt came out w/ black helmets vs UConn.Sorry but i'm not feeling it.

394824554.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1315716782&Signature=uJuLDm8O%2BA0DXNbTRYno%2Fcp330w%3D

61459_Connecticut_Vanderbilt_Football.jpg

Considering they won, I think we might see those more often.

I don't dislike the black helmets. I think they'd be improved with a gold version of the star-V logo for better contrast.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Regarding the ND/Michigan game, I couldn't get past the whole shoulder stripes/equals signs issue on the Irish. This is supposed to be one of your marquee programs, adidas. Make the uniform work for them. Michigan's unis were a silly conglomeration of fauxback elements, but for the most part, they worked. What surprised me, though, was the amount of holes, rips, and tears I was seeing in both teams' jerseys by the second half. One Notre Dame player had his jersey shredded clear off one of his shoulder pads. That tells me there's some crappy materials in use here.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived