College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Kentucky uniforms are terrible.

As for Oregon, I actually prefer the gray and yellow to the black and yellow. Pants should only be darker than the jersey when the team is wearing white, so the set with the black pants/helmet doesn't look right. At least the gray is light enough that it doesn't mess up the asethetic too much. The unis from Saturday are pretty good in a vaccuum. That being said, these still blow because they don't contain a single school color, but that is another arguement.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors. As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I'm loving this combo. I'm glad they finally wore it, it is the one I'd been wanting to see the most since these jerseys came out. The yellow and gray looks beautiful together.

-4be37595a547696e.JPG

This color combo is great - I usually use this one and the following two combos on NCAA 12.

oregon6.jpg

1292748023tGuLBne.jpg

which makes sense since those are my 3 absolute least favorite combos.

Well, at least we now know what our preferences are, for TCU I use the following combo except I use the purple helmet:

dalton.jpg

That doesn't make any sense. You either wear the matching helmet or their regular 2010 home unis:

Cool deal.

BUT, it's a video game, so really he can make any combo he wants, regardless of whether or not it "makes sense". And as much as I usually disagree with nuordr, I actually like the idea of the purple helmet on that set. It's something I think I might have to try out myself. I think of all the helmets TCU has trotted out in, the original purple helmet is still my favorite, with the silver "ice" helmet right behind.

And oh dear lawwwd...what the HELL is Kentucky thinking with those black jerseys?? *crosses fingers that it's only a fashion jersey*

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors. As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

Oregon's yellow is athletic yellow, so this isn't their color. It isn't volt or citron or antifreeze like Nike has had them wear previously, but this wasn't their shade of yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So is TCU guy taking Kevin's spot as forum douche/Oregon hater?

No one is replacing anyone. It's statements like these that start 5 page arguments and derail threads in the first place.

In other news:

black-jersey.jpg

Uh oh. I just hope they don't pair it with black pants and their usual white helmet a la Stanford.

New rule: if you struggle to beat WKU, you don't get to wear black uniforms.

But seriously, they have a great color scheme; why muddy it up with black. Bad decision IMO.

No one is replacing anyone. It's statements like these that start 5 page arguments and derail threads in the first place.

In other news:

black-jersey.jpg

Uh oh. I just hope they don't pair it with black pants and their usual white helmet a la Stanford.

But seriously, they have a great color scheme; why muddy it up with black. Bad decision IMO.

Duke did the same thing against Richmond. Didn't work (unsurprisingly).

In other news:

black-jersey.jpg

I know. It was awful. I have actually been trying to forget they wore that.

I'm loving this combo. I'm glad they finally wore it, it is the one I'd been wanting to see the most since these jerseys came out. The yellow and gray looks beautiful together.

-4be37595a547696e.JPG

Only Oregon can make yellow and gray silver carbon look great together.

Those are delicious. i got a chubby when i saw those

If by "usual" you mean the helmet they just started wearing again this season. lol Last time they wore a white helmet was 2000.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

In other news:

black-jersey.jpg

I know. It was awful. I have actually been trying to forget they wore that.

Georgia's Black Alt was sold for a solid 5 years before they actually wore it. So this doesn't mean they'll wear it......atleast not this year.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

In other news:

black-jersey.jpg

I have not seen this! Although I highly doubt we will use it, but if we do, I hope it is a black on black on black. That is the only way it would work. Spleen, were did you find this picture? I want to buy one and I wonder if we are going to see this worn vs. Miss. State on Oct. 29th? I guess only time will tell! Maybe for one night only, the Bluegrass state can become the Black-Out State. Go Cats!

spacer.png

KSUatALA2011.jpg

Check out the curve of that bill. And the Kentucky checker sleeves look really bad on the retail cut of the jersey

I think the checkerboard pattern look a lot better on the retail vs in-game because you can actually see the pattern in more detail. Either way, I wish they would fix the striping on the pants so the checkerboard pattern stands out more.

spacer.png

Nike Football tweeted the rest of the Pro Combat uniforms will be released on Facebook tomorrow at 9:00 A.M.

That's eastern time, I take it?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Oregon's yellow is athletic yellow, so this isn't their color. It isn't volt or citron or antifreeze like Nike has had them wear previously, but this wasn't their shade of yellow.

Umm, you are wrong. Oregon wore their school color, "lightning yellow", on Saturday. Lightning yellow and thunder green have been the official school colors (for athletics) since they debuted the Clemens-era jerseys. The colors change a little bit when the jersey designs change, but they've been pretty consistent for the most part since 2004.

And that is what they wore on Saturday. With "steel" pants and a "carbon" helmet.

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors.

They wore a school colour, not school colours. The green helmets paired with the grey pants and yellow jerseys would have been a much better look.

As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

I'm relatively new to SEC/NCAA football fandom, but I thought the checker pattern was Tennessee's thing. It seems odd to see another SEC team feature it so prominently.

Archived