College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Uh oh. I just hope they don't pair it with black pants and their usual white helmet a la Stanford.

New rule: if you struggle to beat WKU, you don't get to wear black uniforms.

But seriously, they have a great color scheme; why muddy it up with black. Bad decision IMO.

If by "usual" you mean the helmet they just started wearing again this season. lol Last time they wore a white helmet was 2000.

Didn't realize it had been that long. I watch a TON of college football, but Duke is never on...for obvious reasons.

I believe he was talking about Kentucky using the white helmet for the first time since 2000, not Duke. In fact, Duke has only worn white helmets since 2004.

C0j7N.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uh oh. I just hope they don't pair it with black pants and their usual white helmet a la Stanford.

New rule: if you struggle to beat WKU, you don't get to wear black uniforms.

But seriously, they have a great color scheme; why muddy it up with black. Bad decision IMO.

If by "usual" you mean the helmet they just started wearing again this season. lol Last time they wore a white helmet was 2000.

Didn't realize it had been that long. I watch a TON of college football, but Duke is never on...for obvious reasons.

I believe he was talking about Kentucky using the white helmet for the first time since 2000, not Duke. In fact, Duke has only worn white helmets since 2004.

C0j7N.jpg

Ah, my bad. Yes, I was trying to say I hope Kentucky doesn't wear their white helmet with the black uniform (of they wear it at all) bc it looked terrible when Stanford and Duke did it. Hope that made more sense.

307239_10150803196035154_216043845153_21121611_509185917_n.jpg

Go Green! Go Gold???

Lame, Nike. Really lame.

Well, this isn't a complete surprise, is it? Nike/MSU introduced gold as a trim color in the most recent rebrand. It's not like its showing up here for the first time just for the Pro Combat uni.

Right, but all that gold and black, and no white? Against Michigan? Furthermore, it's not too much of a stretch to say that that much gold comes a little too close to the maize of your biggest rival, especially when you're playing them in those uniforms.

I don't get this rule that a team can't use any color in the same general family as that of their "rival's" colors - especially if they have completely different saturation/chroma/whatever values. Vegas gold ain't maize. If MSU decided to use Carolina blue as a trim, would that be a "school spirit violation" because it's too close to Michigan Blue? No, 'cause Carolina blue ain't navy.

Duke and Carolina have gotten by as rivals for years, despite having to share space on the color spectrum. Ditto for Yankees and the Red Sox.

I can understand why folks don't want a random color added to MSU's color scheme, but there's no rival violation here.

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors.

They wore a school colour, not school colours. The green helmets paired with the grey pants and yellow jerseys would have been a much better look.

As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

I'm relatively new to SEC/NCAA football fandom, but I thought the checker pattern was Tennessee's thing. It seems odd to see another SEC team feature it so prominently.

The checkerboard is in KYs uniforms to honor Secretariat! The greatest horse ever who was also born in Lexington.

My take on these:

Navy: These seem to be getting a lot of love, but the only part that I really like are the helmets. The jerseys are just okay and going monochrome with the pants doesn't help them.

Army: Really like the look, just wish the undershirt was white. It looks weird having a white jersey that has its stripes featured on a black background.

Stanford: Way too much black, not enough white. Plus, I think it will be really hard to tell the difference from any distance between the black and cardinal on the uniforms, especially the helmet.

Ohio State: Pretty indifferent on these. The shoulder striping looks okay, but not great. The thing about these I like least isn't the wide helmet stripe, it's the pattern on the undersleeves.

LSU: My favorite of the bunch. LSU looks really good in white when they use it sparingly (once every couple of years.) Nike actually got the stripes to go around too! The only thing that needs to be changed is the purple area under the arms.

Michigan State: Worst set of this year's ProCombats by far. Just from a design perspective, the helmet, jersey, and pants being three different non-white colors look horrible. Now add in that one of those is gold and the other is black and it just makes it worse. I can't find anything I like about these, it's just their normal uniforms recolored to look worse.

I'm reserving all judgement until I see them on the field. I thought Oregon's looked good until I saw them on the field. Horrid. I thought Georgia's were bad. They were worse than that. And Boise's looked much better than I thought they would. That being said, Ohio State and Stanford Pro combats are absolutely disgusting, especially OSU (what were they thinking with that stripe?).

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors.

They wore a school colour, not school colours. The green helmets paired with the grey pants and yellow jerseys would have been a much better look.

I completely agree. I was just saying that they weren't completely deprived of schools colors this time.

I completely agree. I was just saying that they weren't completely deprived of schools colors this time.

Yeah but without the green in the set there were many confused people out there who didn't know what team was playing on Oregon's field with Oregon's logo and Oregon's winged jerseys. They definitely needed to add green somewhere

Yeah but without the green in the set there were many confused people out there who didn't know what team was playing on Oregon's field with Oregon's logo and Oregon's winged jerseys. They definitely needed to add green somewhere

See, that was unnecessary. The issue was resolved, and then you randomly attack someone in a very snide, condescending, sarcastic remark. This is part of why people are hating the Oregon fans on this board. Let people be.

As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

I'm relatively new to SEC/NCAA football fandom, but I thought the checker pattern was Tennessee's thing. It seems odd to see another SEC team feature it so prominently.

The checkerboard is in KYs uniforms to honor Secretariat! The greatest horse ever who was also born in Lexington.

I'm pretty sure Secretariat would rather not be associated with Kentucky football. There are certain standards of quality that must be met.

See, that was unnecessary. The issue was resolved, and then you randomly attack someone in a very snide, condescending, sarcastic remark. This is part of why people are hating the Oregon fans on this board. Let people be.

I'm not Kevin W. I'm on your side bud. I was poking fun at this whole Oregon thing, not making a snide remark. You are too quick to think that I was attacking Ice_Cap just because he was in past arguments with other Oregon fans.

I'm pretty sure Secretariat would rather not be associated with Kentucky football. There are certain standards of quality that must be met.

There are checkerboard patterns on the Basketball uniform as well, I guess you cannot make that same comment as well. But I take it you're not from Kentucky and you have no clue about the thoroughbred heritage in Lexington. Therefore, I was giving someone a factual comment, and yet you want to jump and try to start an argument? Well, you can if you want, but my statements were facts and without evidence your statement proves nothing but speculation.

I'm not Kevin W. I'm on your side bud. I was poking fun at this whole Oregon thing, not making a snide remark. You are too quick to think that I was attacking Ice_Cap just because he was in past arguments with other Oregon fans.

I don't care, it still came off as an attack. The argument that you are making fun of is not present right now. So please don't put it into play.

Archived