College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still vote no more omnibus threads--I applaud slapshot for creating the Central Conn St. thread. Individual threads for individual discussion so that if the riff-raff turn the thread into a pissing match, it only ruins a small thread. I hate having to weed through 100 pages worth of utter nonsense to see about 5 pages worth of substantive content.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

There is a difference between a mature argument and an immature argument. I was attempting to have a mature argument, but I apologize for starting yet another argument and will not pursue that argument any further. However I do feel this thread will not last much longer without real discussion. If everyone can keep it mature and not sink to Kevin or Spleen's level of arguing, this thread may not be ruined.

I still vote no more omnibus threads--I applaud slapshot for creating the Central Conn St. thread. Individual threads for individual discussion so that if the riff-raff turn the thread into a pissing match, it only ruins a small thread. I hate having to weed through 100 pages worth of utter nonsense to see about 5 pages worth of substantive content.

Second. Plus, using individual threads limits how much threads cycle around. If I want to post something about Kentucky's new football jerseys, currently I would need to sort through 110+ pages of posts if I wanted to make sure nobody had posted the same info before. That's why we end up talking about the same topics (e.g. Oregon using colors other than "school colors") every few weeks. If there were "New Kentucky football uniforms" or "Why does Oregon make everything Volt and Charcoal?" threads, though, the process would be much simpler.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

There is a difference between a mature argument and an immature argument. I was attempting to have a mature argument, but I apologize for starting yet another argument and will not pursue that argument any further. However I do feel this thread will not last much longer without real discussion. If everyone can keep it mature and not sink to Kevin or Spleen's level of arguing, this thread may not be ruined.

OMG a team full of tradition is finally getting with the times, down with them!!

Yep, mature.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

OMG a team full of tradition is finally getting with the times, down with them!!

Yep, mature.

That was my sarcastic opening, if you spotlight it, of course it looks immature. If you read the rest of my post you'd see that I was starting a friendly discussion.

You of all people don't need to be pointing out immaturity in other people's posts

Yep, mature.

That was my sarcastic opening, if you spotlight it, of course it looks immature. If you read the rest of my post you'd see that I was starting a friendly discussion.

You of all people don't need to be pointing out immaturity in other people's posts

Yes, I have had moments when I just post memes to lighten the mood. Is that mature? No. But when I'm arguing with people on this board, I at least try to make a cohesive argument instead of "LOL you guys are just old, get with the times" and, unlike a lot of people here, I admit when I'm wrong.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know we've had our differences, but hopefully we can salvage this USC discussion without the use of pictures spleen found on 4chan.

The problem I have with USC's whit pants is that it removes athletic gold from the road uniform almost completely. USC's road jersey is just white and red, and their new white pants are just white and red. Without the gold pants USC's road uniforms lose most of their gold. They just won't look like a USC team, which I think was gdu's point. USC is red and gold, not red and white.

I know we've had our differences, but hopefully we can salvage this USC discussion without the use of pictures spleen found on 4chan.

The problem I have with USC's whit pants is that it removes athletic gold from the road uniform almost completely. USC's road jersey is just white and red, and their new white pants are just white and red. Without the gold pants USC's road uniforms lose most of their gold. They just won't look like a USC team, which I think was gdu's point. USC is red and gold, not red and white.

in most part usc and michigan's uniform schemes are very similar...both home uniforms lack white and use yellow as a secondary color...the one subtle difference is that michigan typically has some small yellow element of yellow on their white jerseys...using michigan as an example of wearing all white in the 70's why couldn't usc pull it off?

for those that need more yellow in the road uniform would making the center stripe on the white pants yellow and outlining the numbers in yellow make white pants acceptable for usc?

The problem with USC using white pants is the fact that they've never done it before, so it would look out of place. Throw in the fact that the home jerseys have no white and neither do the helmets and it would look very awkward. As far as adding yellow to the road jersey numbers to balance out the yellow if used in the pants, again because I don't remember seeing them do it before it would look akward. Now a white jersey with the white pants that have the two red stripes, might actually work because of the lack of yellow.

I won't deny that USC would devoid their away set of gold, however I feel like those white pants match their away jersey more. Yes it cuts out gold but I think that's a main reason why USC needs to get new uniforms. They need to add more white to their home uniforms and more yellow to their away. I have seen some fantastic updates to USC in the concept board which would allow for the white pants to fit in better and maybe open things up for maroon pants. However yes, these white pants do remove gold, no doubt about it. But when you look at just the away uniform they do fit with the scheme.

I think putting a gold stripe in the middle of the pants and outlining the numbers in gold on the away jerseys would be a good way to fit these in a little better.

USC needs to get new uniforms.

No, they don't. Why won't you just accept that not every school needs to be changed? Some schools have classic looks that don't need to be messed with. You people won't stop until every school has thrown out their traditions.

the tradition that trumps all is winning. if their team is winning championships, i doubt they care if their asthetics get oregon'd. the only ones that would complain live in nursing homes.

the tradition that trumps all is winning. if their team is winning championships, i doubt they care if their asthetics get oregon'd. the only ones that would complain live in nursing homes.

orson-wells-clapping.gif

No, they don't. Why won't you just accept that not every school needs to be changed? Some schools have classic looks that don't need to be messed with. You people won't stop until every school has thrown out their traditions.

What do you mean "you people"? hahaha.

Anyway, I never said that every school needs to change, thanks for using captain broadstroke. USC could use some new uniforms, lets face it, their current uniforms lack a great away uniform that has school colors on EVERY piece of the jersey.

You're not the first person to use that joke. Get something new.

Anyway, I never said that every school needs to change, thanks for using captain broadstroke. USC could use some new uniforms, lets face it, their current uniforms lack a great away uniform that has school colors on EVERY piece of the jersey.

Last time I checked, cardinal and gold are their school colors. Their helmet is cardinal and gold. Their away jersey is white and cardinal. Their pants are gold and cardinal. I don't see any problems there. You're just a hack who's obsessed with forcing the whole ZOMG NIKE MODERN SO KOOL schtick on everyone.

So because one piece of their away uniform doesn't have one of the school colors on it, they should just get rid of the school color that composes 50% of their away uniform?

That may be the worst logic ever used on this board.

man you really lack perspective...you could make the argument that the away jersey could have yellow outlined numbers but that is it...it is by far one of the most iconic and unique uniforms in cfb...the uniforms are one of the definitions of simple yet extremely effective in its representation...from the color scheme to the crescent shoulders to the nnob to the black cleats with white laces their uniforms scream iconic college football...what also helps is that they arguably had the two most dominant runs out of any school in the history of cfb.

the last point being that they sell a :censored: ton of jerseys...you go on campus or the coliseum on a game day and the amount of nike/sc gear being worn is shocking...in my opinion usc is doing everything right with their branding and uniforms and it's paid off for them handsomely.

all this is coming from a guy that would rather root for the bruins

Archived