College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im not really feeling Utah-BYU color on color. it would look better if BYU was in gthe '84 throwbacks

Agreed on both counts. I don't have ESPN 2 unfortunately, but I just caught a clip on a gamebreak during the OU-FSU game...I really don't like it as much as I thought I would. I've long argued that BYU should go back to being a royal blue team FULL time - USU was already the navy team in the state years before the Cougs made the switch. And even beside that, BYU looks better in royal, anyways.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

This would be the ideal Utah/BYU matchup, IMO:

439681797_tp.jpgjohn-beck1.jpg

If the cougars didn't wear bibs, then yes, would agree.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

This would be the ideal Utah/BYU matchup, IMO:

439681797_tp.jpgjohn-beck1.jpg

Okay I'll admit, I did like the Cougs in the Jets style. The gold trim differentiated themselves enough from USU to work for me (and I grew up watching BYU in blue helmets. As much of a traditionalist I am, I wish BYU would wear blue lids again). That particular uniform could have become a "modern classic" in my opinion if they'd kept them around.

As far as Utah goes, I'm neutral as far as being either a red-white team or a red-black-white team goes. They've switched on and off so much throughout their uniform history that I think both "schemes" work for them.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Those aren't the bib uniforms. Front view:

1-t468330-500.jpg

Oh, my mistake. In that case, yes, that would look fantastic. I think the cougars should either go back to those, or the royal blue.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

More thoughts about Ohio's new Unis:

-The shade of green is Hawaii's exactly. It's different from the regular jerseys.

-The pants are black with a curved Hawaii green stripe starting 1/4 down the pants.

-A black or green helmet is needed with this. The white helmet they use now looks like :censored:

They used an intro video for the jerseys, Which was pretty corny.

The problem is that the fans love these. For some reason, a lot of people in the school don't like the green color (see the DII hockey jerseys....cream and black....), and I can't understand it

I'm okay with the use of black for things like the women's volleyball team or merchandise in the book stores or even as trim on the baseball uniforms, but for some reason, I have principle objections to black showing up on the football uniforms.

Maybe it's that I just really love their current uniforms and I associate them with some of the best football in the school's history (I know I know, not exactly prestigious).

I like their white helmet, when worn with the normal uniforms, though I'd prefer a green facemask. The white lids do look out of place with these black things though.

Hoping these were a one time thing and they're never seen again. Most of my friends that I went to school with didn't like them, but I did notice a higher percentage of OU girls I know liked them than the guys did.

I'm proud to call this the uniform of my school.

Ohio+v+Ohio+State+V2LEBU0Okgul.jpg

ddn102909zspelong_587779b.jpg

I even like this

picture-84.png

I hope they don't move away from this beautifully collegiate uniform after tonight.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Arizona, Y U NO wear white helmets? Honestly though, this would've been a great looking game had they done that.

Arizona, Y U NO wear white helmets? Honestly though, this would've been a great looking game had they done that.

They are the only college team that can pull this look off IMO with any of their colors. They remind me of the Houston Texans for some reason. I love the all-blue, all-red, and all-white. Like I said before, their look is pretty sweet.

spacer.png

They are the only college team that can pull this look off IMO with any of their colors. They remind me of the Houston Texans for some reason. I love the all-blue, all-red, and all-white. Like I said before, their look is pretty sweet.

My main issue is how sparkly their helmets are. It just looks, weird.

My main issue is how sparkly their helmets are. It just looks, weird.

You have great point, that is too metallic for that uniform.

spacer.png

The basketball team's uniforms looked so much better then, too.

724_BYU-Team.JPG

:lol: #12

Ohio: Awful. Ignoring the fact that they shouldn't wear black to begin with, the green numbers look awful. I don't know why when teams get black alts that they insist on using dark numbers. They look bad and are unreadable (like Washington, Mississippi State, Middle Tennessee, etc.). Plus, the Russell tiny logo sleeves template is awful. It looks awful on everybody. UL-Lafayette, Colorado State, that Arena team. It's just terrible.

Arizona State: All-white doesn't work with Arizona State. Even the all-black (which I'm not a fan of) works much better, though they should just stick with gold helmets.

Arizona: Wish they would stop going monochrome at home. White helmets, white pants at home with either the red or navy jerseys and they'd look great.

BYU vs. Utah: Would be better if Utah were in white pants and BYU went back to the royal blue.

Arkansas State vs. Virginia Tech VT wore throwback helmets. Arkansas State wore their all-black TechFits and I hate them a lot. I hate that the stAte logo isn't the same as it is on the helmet and I hate the red numbers and I hate the plain pants and jerseys. Basically everything except the helmets.

asuvt.png

Archived