College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

On 9/18/2011 at 10:12 PM, McCarthy said:
On 9/18/2011 at 8:06 PM, evanmaldonado said:

More thoughts about Ohio's new Unis:

-The shade of green is Hawaii's exactly. It's different from the regular jerseys.

-The pants are black with a curved Hawaii green stripe starting 1/4 down the pants.

-A black or green helmet is needed with this. The white helmet they use now looks like :censored:

They used an intro video for the jerseys, Which was pretty corny.

The problem is that the fans love these. For some reason, a lot of people in the school don't like the green color (see the DII hockey jerseys....cream and black....), and I can't understand it

I'm okay with the use of black for things like the women's volleyball team or merchandise in the book stores or even as trim on the baseball uniforms, but for some reason, I have principle objections to black showing up on the football uniforms.

Maybe it's that I just really love their current uniforms and I associate them with some of the best football in the school's history (I know I know, not exactly prestigious).

I like their white helmet, when worn with the normal uniforms, though I'd prefer a green facemask. The white lids do look out of place with these black things though.

Hoping these were a one time thing and they're never seen again. Most of my friends that I went to school with didn't like them, but I did notice a higher percentage of OU girls I know liked them than the guys did.

I'm proud to call this the uniform of my school.

Ohio+v+Ohio+State+V2LEBU0Okgul.jpg

I even like this

I hope they don't move away from this beautifully collegiate uniform after tonight.

I totally agree with you. These are in the top 5 college football uniforms without a doubt. But as we know, ya can't just have green and white...you have to add black...It's too bad. These are beautiful. My guess is that the Hawaii lookalikes are a one-time thing, but I'd be surprised if they don't permanently add black trim soon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just throwing this out there... the retro uniforms VT has been wearing for the past two years look awful. VT is a "modern" school in my eyes, throwbacks just don't work for them. There was nothing wrong with either of these uniform sets:

p1_marcusvick.jpg

Alabama+v+Virginia+Tech+wHiGhOszqMBl.jpg

There's a lot wrong with both of those, but especially the second set.

Just throwing this out there... the retro uniforms VT has been wearing for the past two years look awful. VT is a "modern" school in my eyes, throwbacks just don't work for them. There was nothing wrong with either of these uniform sets:

p1_marcusvick.jpg

First set, yes.

Second set, meeehhh.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Regarding Iowa and its Steeler-like unis, I think those Iowa unis have become classics. And once they gain the term "classics" they become keepers.

Sure, they're ripoffs. But they've been around long enough that nobody is going to confuse them with Steeler uniforms

Am I the only one who thought Utah's inserts (where te map graphic is) looked pink? Its ether the lights reflecting or the fabric is a differt hue al together! Either way, needs to be fixed so if anything it gies darker. Using a tonal on red should always be darker to avoid that.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/photos/_/id/254/photoId/1562955/utah-utes

Am I the only one who thought Utah's inserts (where te map graphic is) looked pink? Its ether the lights reflecting or the fabric is a differt hue al together! Either way, needs to be fixed so if anything it gies darker. Using a tonal on red should always be darker to avoid that.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/photos/_/id/254/photoId/1562955/utah-utes

This is probably the best reason for Utah to wear white or black pants...I like the little flashes of "pink" on the jersey. However, it's just TOO big on the pants.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Good to see Tennessee with orange collar on the away jerseys. There was a rumor going that we were going back to the white collar. Numbers on the jersey look a little different than last year.

i thought the rumor was the removal of the black outline around the numbers?

this year they changed the material of the pants. they're no longer shiny. it wasn't noticeable with the white pants.

p1_marcusvick.jpg

My thoughts x100. I have a list in my mind (Oregon, VA Tech, West Virginia, Arizona, and Miami, among others) of schools that, IMO, should be wearing "modern" (not to be confused with crazy) uniforms. Then I have a list of teams (Penn State, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, Nebraska, and USC, among others) who should always wear traditional or close to traditional uniforms. Then I think of teams like Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, etc. as teams whose tradition can be played around with (ex. maybe rolling out blue helmet and pants for Auburn, Florida using modern stripes, maybe a white helmet and/or crimson pants for the Tide, black helmet for FSU's Unconquered unis, etc.).

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah, I've made my decision. Even taking out the actual game being played now that I've looked at them long enough, I never want to see this jersey combo again. It just doesn't work. Does not work. A team named the Sun DEVILS should not be all-white.

300049_10150293587081854_22208101853_8358176_117806413_n.jpg

317234_10150293587186854_22208101853_8358177_912643193_n.jpg

Look directly at the sun for a while and look away. What color do you see? Oh yeah "white".

p1_marcusvick.jpg

The throwback look looks great. Both uniforms that you posted are examples of all that is wrong with modern football uniforms. Over piped and over paneled designs that try to do way to much. Another uniform of theirs that I like is the Michael Vick era set.

Besides, I don't get how a football program that's been around since 1892 can be considered "modern."

I saw a few replicas at the Fanzz shop in Orem a few weeks back, and it's actually a tribal pattern (best way I can describe it) in very thin white lines and curves. Problem is, whereas the lines are so thin and the design is somewhat compacted (meaning there isn't much "red space" in between lines), it DOES look pink from a distance and the pattern isn't visible until it is close up. I think they need to make the pattern bigger or at least somehow more visible.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The throwback look looks great. Both uniforms that you posted are examples of all that is wrong with modern football uniforms. Over piped and over paneled designs that try to do way to much. Another uniform of theirs that I like is the Michael Vick era set.

Besides, I don't get how a football program that's been around since 1892 can be considered "modern."

First off, VT's "throwbacks" look great. As a hardcore "traditionalist" I can't believe I'm about to say this but...I actually like the jersey in the picture. It's not as good as their current set, but for a "modern" look, it's not bad at all.

BB52Big.jpg

I totally agree with you. These are in the top 5 college football uniforms without a doubt. But as we know, ya can't just have green and white...you have to add black...It's too bad. These are beautiful. My guess is that the Hawaii lookalikes are a one-time thing, but I'd be surprised if they don't permanently add black trim soon.

These aren't even close to the top 5. They have the same striping pattern on the shoulders and helmets, but then go for the total cop-out of solid pants? It is like a kids' halloween costume when the kid would wear a replica jersey with plain white pants from Sportmart.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived