College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

Aren't Boise wearing that jersey across the board this year? And yes if Toledo switched their jersey font to something more readable they wouldn't need to be so large.

That was the impression I got from the press release of their bowl uniforms last season. Looks like it may be the case. I guess we'll know for sure this week.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are still my favorites as well, McCarthy. They looked so sharp in those, and had they kept the inverted numbers into the present day, that could have become "thiers" as far as identifiable uniform elements goes (a la FSU's Spear and Oregon's wings). I'd take the Vick era over anything the Hokies have worn since.

It's a shame they went away from this. VT was one-of-kind with that look. Simple, yet completely "theirs".

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

the vick era uniform was too plain. everybody shouldn't be like penn state.

What about a color combination as unique as maroon and orange with three layer numbers, mix and match colored pants, and a metallic maroon helmet WITH a logo(!) is like Penn State?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ASUWhite.jpg

Doesn't look like ASU. Looks more like Minnesota or some generic team from a movie.

Well, I guess that shows how fast a team can become associated with a look, because Minnesota has only worn all-white uniforms twice in their history (both last year), and you're saying that ASU looks like Minnesota!

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Ohio looked worse than the scowling girl, and that's saying something.

In all seriousness, I think it's time for Clemson to dump the all-orange. Looks nasty... At least, I used to think so. More I look at it, the more "Clemson-y" it looks:

6927048.jpeg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

On 9/19/2011 at 10:56 AM, JohnnySeoul said:
On 9/19/2011 at 10:30 AM, thespleenenator said:

Yes, they looked worse than we thought they would.

Wow....what a mess!!

It's awful...but you just know it spells the end of their great current primary look. I would be stunned if, starting next year, black was not a part of Ohio's uniform every game.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

DSCN1274.JPG

Wow....what a mess!!

It's awful...but you just know it spells the end of their great current primary look. I would be stunned if, starting next year, black was not a part of Ohio's uniform every game.

it looks like they picked hawaii's uniform set from last year at goodwill

Just throwing this out there... the retro uniforms VT has been wearing for the past two years look awful. VT is a "modern" school in my eyes, throwbacks just don't work for them. There was nothing wrong with either of these uniform sets:

p1_marcusvick.jpg

Alabama+v+Virginia+Tech+wHiGhOszqMBl.jpg

I LOVE their throwbacks. Much better look. I think they look better with these helmets though:

whiteoutuniforma.jpg

I get your point though. From a branding/marketing perspective it is usually a good idea to stay with the look most identifiable with your most successful period.

they look like lsu rip offs...if vt wants something more traditional they need to find another jersey style

DSCN1274.JPG

Awful.

Just awful. As an alumnus, I'm beside myself. I've never hated one of my team's uniforms more, and as a Bengals fan, that's saying something.

Anybody know what the little pattern in the inserts is?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Just throwing this out there... the retro uniforms VT has been wearing for the past two years look awful. VT is a "modern" school in my eyes, throwbacks just don't work for them. There was nothing wrong with either of these uniform sets:

p1_marcusvick.jpg

I LOVE their throwbacks. Much better look. I think they look better with these helmets though:

whiteoutuniforma.jpg

I get your point though. From a branding/marketing perspective it is usually a good idea to stay with the look most identifiable with your most successful period.

they look like lsu rip offs...if vt wants something more traditional they need to find another jersey style

Plenty of teams have worn that style. In no way does LSU own it. We should be encoruaging good looknig uniforms. It's not like they copied a Nike template. That was a style dozens of teams have worn over the years.

2006-throwback.jpg

DSCN1274.JPG

Awful.

Just awful. As an alumnus, I'm beside myself. I've never hated one of my team's uniforms more.

Anybody know what the little pattern in the inserts is?

It's the word "OHIO" repeated to infinity.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

DSCN1274.JPG

Wow....what a mess!!

I'm going with they used a rejected Oregon uniform but the point remains.

BB52Big.jpg

DSCN1274.JPG

Wow....what a mess!!

I'm going with they used a rejected Oregon uniform but the point remains.

It's your opinion, but they really look alot more like the pic below than anything Oregon has ever worn.

09_centralarkansas_hawaii_football.jpg

p1_marcusvick.jpg

whiteoutuniforma.jpg

Plenty of teams have worn that style. In no way does LSU own it. We should be encoruaging good looknig uniforms. It's not like they copied a Nike template. That was a style dozens of teams have worn over the years.

2006-throwback.jpg

historically the style has been worn by a many schools but over the past few decades hooped/ucla stripes have pretty much died off with lsu, ucla, ole miss being the most iconic representatives of a classic jersey style...the problem is that vt does not have the consistency of wearing this style like the three mentioned...with that being said when I look at the vt throwback it really feels like they are just picking a retro style for the sake of retro...the school really didn't come onto the national scene until the 90's and many would tie their best years to the vick era which they probably should have tried to evolve that look over time in order to develop their own identity.

Archived