College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

The problem is, the stars are so unnoticeable, that it still looks like a bunch of random lines.

And i'm really sick of all this 9/11 crap. It's been 10 years, and we're still trying to capitalize on a tragedy by doing stupid commemorative stuff that's just there to make a profit. Enough is enough. National holiday? Yes. 9/11 merchandise every year? Ridicules.

All proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. This isn't something that's new. I think teams started doing it in 2009 while adding camo accents to their jersey, I'm sure you've seen it. Since it's the 10th anniversary, they decided to do a 9/11 theme. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is, the stars are so unnoticeable, that it still looks like a bunch of random lines.

And i'm really sick of all this 9/11 crap. It's been 10 years, and we're still trying to capitalize on a tragedy by doing stupid commemorative stuff that's just there to make a profit. Enough is enough. National holiday? Yes. 9/11 merchandise every year? Ridicules.

All proceeds go to the Wounded Warrior Project. This isn't something that's new. I think teams started doing it in 2009 while adding camo accents to their jersey, I'm sure you've seen it. Since it's the 10th anniversary, they decided to do a 9/11 theme. I see absolutely nothing wrong with this.

I know there's nothing wrong with it, but it just annoys me when people try to take advantage of this in anyway. I think it's just plane wrong.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I think it's just plane wrong.

Either:

a. homonym fail

b. math confusion

c. horrible joke considering what was discussed previously

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I know there's nothing wrong with it, but it just annoys me when people try to take advantage of this in anyway. I think it's just plane wrong.

Who exactly is taking advantage of this? Explain to me how UA making Wounded Warrior uniforms to get proceeds from the uniforms to help the Wounded Warrior project is taking advantage of a tragedy here in the US?

spacer.png

Acc. to @RandyEdsall, the Terps are going w/ the black helmet/yellow jersey/black pants combo this Saturday vs. Temple.

403842883.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1316659660&Signature=b%2BR%2BviZYgePU7bCiIEzoz4SwNvY%3D

That actaully looks pretty good. I cannot stress enough how far a yellow script "Terps" on the helmet would go into making this great.

A yellow script of Terps would make this a nice look. Heck, any logo on the helmet would make it look better.

spacer.png

Acc. to @RandyEdsall, the Terps are going w/ the black helmet/yellow jersey/black pants combo this Saturday vs. Temple.

403842883.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1316659660&Signature=b%2BR%2BviZYgePU7bCiIEzoz4SwNvY%3D

That actaully looks pretty good. I cannot stress enough

how far a yellow script "Terps" on the helmet would go into making this great.

A yellow script of Terps would make this a nice look. Heck, any logo on the helmet would make it look better.

I wouldn't mind seeing a red M outlined in yellow on that black helmet.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Any type of Logo would be an improvement.

spacer.png

Any type of Logo would be an improvement.

The problem UM seems to be having is an identity crisis. They're doing to Testudo what Arizona State did to Sparky and what Minnesota is eventually going to do to Goldy Gopher. I think it's pretty tragic; the Testudo "M" logo:

testudo.gif

was built around a certain typeface (which I forgot the name; Wisconsin and Alabama both use it on their basketball sets). Now that they are phasing out that typeface entirely, they're trying to get Testudo out too.

All of the logos that they've been using, save for the Fridge-era "Terps" cursive", use that same typeface:

maryland-m.gif

MD.png

At least Oregon is consistent with the "O". Maryland? Not so much.

Alright, so I did some digging around on some information about these South Carolina Wounded Warrior uniforms and this year's Wounded Warrior jerseys are suppose to commemorate 9/11.

Here's the press release:

Under Armour unveils this year’s Wounded Warrior Project uniforms

The design for South Carolina is actually stars and stripes, not just random lines. It's obviously hard to tell from the picture because it's small, but you can kind of see it here:

wounded-warrior-002-683x1024.jpg

The sleeves are suppose to have white stars, but I can't see them.

Now that I know the exact reason, I really have no problem with these.

EDIT

Here's some more looks, closer up:

7dMeH.St.168.jpg

12tcgh.St.168.jpg

the explanation helps but there shouldnt be a need for one. its just not clear and ends up being an ugly pattern. as with most of these things, its missing a round or 2 of feedback, critique, and revisions

and whoever thinks thats a good pants stripe just needs to stop

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

the explanation helps but there shouldnt be a need for one. its just not clear and ends up being an ugly pattern. as with most of these things, its missing a round or 2 of feedback, critique, and revisions

and whoever thinks thats a good pants stripe just needs to stop

I agree, it is an ugly pattern. I'm even a little scared to see how it turns out on USF's uniforms. The only good thing is this isn't a week in-week out thing as was pointed out. From looking up information on the uniform, I went over to a Gamecocks forum and the general opinion over there is that they like the uniform and they say it looks WAY better in person. I guess if they're buying it and it's going to a good cause, then UA did a good job.

Oh my god that look incredible... but it's going to suck with a blue uniform or orange uniform.

Oh my god that look incredible... but it's going to suck with a blue uniform or orange uniform.

It'll also suck on that Smurf Turf.

I guess if The Mtn. won't let Boise wear all-blues at home (while a national television audience consisting of all seven people who get the Versus network watches), they'll just go all-black.

... eww.

Archived