College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....Seriously, people? Boise has pretty much the same color scheme as the Mets. BFBS for Boise would look more or less like this, color-wise:

1-t662622-500.jpg

Imagine that in football form. Ugh. And that's assuming Nike doesn't do their usual routine of eliminating one school color entirely and minimizing the other one to make room for anthracite and silver.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That looks so freaking sexy. I'd love to see that in an orange jersey, black pants with orange and white trim. That bronco looks sweet on that helmet.

matte black helmets for everyone!

can't wait to see the carbon fiber one next but honestly they need to come up with the next big thing since matte is so 2 years ago...how about a faux bronco mane attached to the shell?

That looks so freaking sexy. I'd love to see that in an orange jersey, black pants with orange and white trim. That bronco looks sweet on that helmet.

matte black helmets for everyone!

can't wait to see the carbon fiber one next but honestly they need to come up with the next big thing since matte is so 2 years ago...how about a faux bronco mane attached to the shell?

Pretty sure youre taking this way overboard here. It's a black helmet, the world isn't crashing around you. Get over it.

spacer.png

usfhelmet.jpg

Actually, an all camo USF would be rather interesting. I hope they incorporate this into more than just the helmet.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

I just have to say, the NC St-Cincy game is a beautiful looking game. All black vs all white. Hard to get better than that.

Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Watch the Ohio University football players react to seeing their new black uniforms for the first time

Pretty much confirms that players should never be the ones making the uniform decisions. It's weird seeing a few of those guys who I actually know get swept up in the hype. Jeez guys, they're not that cool.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Watch the Ohio University football players react to seeing their new black uniforms for the first time

Pretty much confirms that players should never be the ones making the uniform decisions. It's weird seeing a few of those guys who I actually know get swept up in the hype. Jeez guys, they're not that cool.

This type of reaction is exactly what I have been preaching about for quite a long time. Kids today love modern uniforms and the rest of us needs to accept it because it is 2011, not 1971.

spacer.png

This type of reaction is exactly what I have been preaching about for quite a long time. Kids today love modern uniforms and the rest of us needs to accept it because it is 2011, not 1971.

No, McCarthy's right. Players shouldn't be the driving force behind uniform design.

"Change" for the sake of change, even "change" for the sake of keeping up with trends, never turns out well.

No, McCarthy's right. Players shouldn't be the driving force behind uniform design.

"Change" for the sake of change, even "change" for the sake of keeping up with trends, never turns out well.

They destroyed Marshall. I believe this turned out quite well.

And it doesn't matter how bad we think the uniforms look, it's about how the players and the fans attending the games think. By all accounts, both loved them, and that's what's important. As much as I despise these, it was a great move on Ohio's part, and if they were smart, they would keep these as their primary. R.I.P the only good looking Russell uniform

I never said he was wrong. Trust me, I think those uniforms are ugly, but if they help in any way to get a recruit to come to your school, then I have no problem with it. Hell, I like modern uniforms, but I really don't want my Wildcats wearing black, but if it helps recruiting then I am all for it.

spacer.png

The uniforms were responsible for that, eh? They would have lost had they worn their previous green and white set?

And it doesn't matter how bad we think the uniforms look, it's about how the players and the fans attending the games think. By all accounts, both loved them, and that's what's important. As much as I despise these, it was a great move on Ohio's part, and if they were smart, they would keep these as their primary. R.I.P the only good looking Russell uniform

I assure you that when you go to work you don't get to choose what you wear. If people got to choose what they wore to work almost no one would dress professionally. The same reason why people are forced to wear suits and ties to work while not being allowed to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip flops is the same reason why teams shouldn't let players dictate a uniform's aesthetics.

Now granted this is the NCAA, not NFL, so the employee/employer dynamic isn't as clear cut (some would claim it is, but that's a discussion for a different thread). Still, the principal applies here.

I never said he was wrong. Trust me, I think those uniforms are ugly, but if they help in any way to get a recruit to come to your school, then I have no problem with it. Hell, I like modern uniforms, but I really don't want my Wildcats wearing black, but if it helps recruiting then I am all for it.

You know what else would help Kentucky recruitment-wise? Hiring the best coaches available and committing itself to playing the best football possible. Do this long enough, commit to making the program viable for enough seasons, and you'll have a program that recruits want to play for.

That sounds like a lot of hard work though. Adding black and "sick" new uniforms sounds easier.

In my unscientific poll of fans I knew who were at the game, the majority did not love them. If they were smart, they'd hold the blacks as a special once a season uniform, but keep their regulars.

Let's wait until they're officially dead and they choose to wear the black uniforms again before we write the green and white off completely.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The uniforms were responsible for that, eh? They would have lost had they worn their previous green and white set?

Also, if you're actually going to credit a uniform with a team's on-field performance can I start blaming Oregon's constant habit of underachieving/choking on the black, highlighter yellow, and three shades of grey they shill for Nike?

Also, if you're actually going to credit a uniform with a team's on-field performance can I start blaming Oregon's constant habit of underachieving/choking on the black, highlighter yellow, and three shades of grey they shill for Nike?

Oregon didn't really choke as much as they got slammed by the SEC.

spacer.png

Archived