NFL all-white uni's. Who should/shouldn't list

JohnnySeoul

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what else doesn't look like the Cleveland Browns? Brown pants.

Amen! Add some stripes to those Brown pants and it might work. To me, those Brown pants look as bad as these:

chi_g_zbikowski1_sw_200.jpg

99.99999% of the time I completely agree and when the Browns first wore them on the field against the Giants in 2008, they looked horrible with the all-brown pants and all-brown socks. When the pants returned with the white-striped socks, they looked damn good, IMO.

BAD

derek-anderson-brown-pants-cleveland-240x300.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1254005775652

YES!!!

Browns.jpg

Amazing how socks can completely change a uniform.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

^ but they still don't look like the Browns, which was one of your contentions with the orange pants.

The orange pants are loud, but I do like them with the brown jersey. As for the white jersey/brown pants/white striped socks combination...oddly it comes across very throwback-ish looking on them. It isn't the traditional all-white look that looks beyond amazing, but it has a Cleveland feel to them....kinda meshes well with the R&R Hall of Fame and even the Cavs black colors of their past. I can't place a finger on exactly why I love it, but I do. I'm def in the minority of Browns fans on this one...no doubt.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Amen! Add some stripes to those Brown pants and it might work. To me, those Brown pants look as bad as these:

99.99999% of the time I completely agree and when the Browns first wore them on the field against the Giants in 2008, they looked horrible with the all-brown pants and all-brown socks. When the pants returned with the white-striped socks, they looked damn good, IMO.

BAD

derek-anderson-brown-pants-cleveland-240x300.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1254005775652

YES!!!

Browns.jpg

I see your point now with the socks.

spacer.png

118-Cleveland-Browns-Colt-McCoy-1.jpg

Okay, I'd like to throw in my 2¢ on this Cleveland Browns issue.

This white jersey / white pants combo that Colt is wearing looks good ... real good ... but not to the level that they should wear them for all home games too. That's gonna get old quick.

The brown jerseys are superb, but with white pants .... why not mix it up and wear the white on white at home in September and very early October, then revert back to the brown jerseys after that.

The stripe-less brown pants look awful to me, regardless of the socks worn.

This orange pants issue ... not a big fan of 'em, but if worn they ought to be worn with the brown jersey only, and on a very limited basis, like once for old times sake.

Orange helmet, white jersey, orange pants ... when they wore them I thought I was watching a Syracuse away game. That's not necessarily a bad look, it just doesn't look like the identity of the Cleveland Browns IMO.

Finally .... put the jersey numbers on the helmets like the ones used in the 2006 throwback game against Cincinnati, and delete the numbers from the jerseys.... If the numbers are on the helmet sides, I don't believe that the NFL requires the numbers on the shoulders or sleeves.

That brown jersey looks so much better without numbers on the shoulders, and it would look great with their current sleeve striping.

2173628.jpg

2173632.jpg

I know I'm in the miniority here, but the Browns' best look with the white top:

2485724_display_image.jpg?1290582801

That looks awful. That 70's disco orange Browns' pants only belong with the brown jersey. The white jersey/orange pants combo just doesn't look like the Cleveland Browns at all. Plus, the Brian Sipe era is nothing to be proud of.

Yeah. Like the 'Cleveland Browns 2.0' have anything going for them.

6uXNWAo.png

BAD

YES!!!

Browns.jpg

i love how your photo examples relate to your socks opinion. the top photo "someone get help, we're wearing brown socks!" and the bottom is a celebration for white socks

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

BAD

YES!!!

Browns.jpg

i love how your photo examples relate to your socks opinion. the top photo "someone get help, we're wearing brown socks!" and the bottom is a celebration for white socks

the top photo definitely illustrates the old fashion axiom that dark colors (especially black) has a slimming effect...the abrupt brown/white contrast at the waistline is definitely not flattering for this particular o lineman and unfortunately makes "the muffin top" effect much worse than it has to be.

definite fashion faux pas

Those photos show me that the Browns need to lighten their shade of brown. I know lighting conditions impact colors, but I don't see a hint of brown in either of those pictures. It all looks black to me.

wornBrownsuni.jpg

They are very brown in person.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

Those photos show me that the Browns need to lighten their shade of brown. I know lighting conditions impact colors, but I don't see a hint of brown in either of those pictures. It all looks black to me.

wornBrownsuni.jpg

While it may be brown, it's dark enough to classify it as 'hangover black'.

6uXNWAo.png

wornBrownsuni.jpg

That may be, but it's unnecessarily dark. Going off of a Google image search, I didn't see a single Tim Couch photo where the brown looks even remotely close to black.

On another note, I really dislike the Browns' current shade of orange. It looks too tangerine-y to me. Oh, and they should go back to the '90s wordmarks, too.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

wornBrownsuni.jpg

I was just at Browns training camp monday. They are noticably brown in person, but still darker than they need to be. A rather fetching young lady among the onlookers was wearing an authentic pre-ravens Browns jersey (TV numbers on the bicep), and it was beautiful... and not just because she'd tied it up with a belly-knot. The old shade of brown was MUCH nicer.

I cannot believe I forgot about the best looking white uniform in the NFL...Arizona Cardinals

97_fb79c547f8b89cf58c16ff8066ddfecb.jpglarry-fitzgerald.jpg

This uniform has enough red in it to not be boring like a lot of the others teams in the NFL. I love this set, although I prefer the red pants more often.

spacer.png

Archived