University of Illinois Redesign

burgundy

I realize that there's little chance that Illinois will ever use a Chief Illiniwek logo again, but hey, we can dream.

So with that said , I've done a modernized version of the Chief logo, and am planning on doing a whole redesign for football and basketball. For now, I'll just post the Chief Illiniwek logo and get your guys' thoughts on it.

The logo:

illinois-chief.png

spacer.png

I think the logo looks great. I like it a lot, and would love to see it used by the Illini, however, I think the face needs to be re worked a bit because all I see when I look at it is Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.

illinois-chief.png

steven_tyler_001_091708.jpg

Picture21.png

I think the logo looks great. I like it a lot, and would love to see it used by the Illini, however, I think the face needs to be re worked a bit because all I see when I look at it is Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.

illinois-chief.png

steven_tyler_001_091708.jpg

Ha, I thought so too.

Maybe lowering the eyes a bit, and making the chin a little smaller would make Chief Illiniwek look less Steven Tyler like.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

I really really like this!

However, due to the NCAAs rule that the Chief is out of the picture now, did you consider making where the Chief was the block I and have the headdress around the block I? Just a thought! nice job!

However, due to the NCAAs rule that the Chief is out of the picture now, did you consider making where the Chief was the block I and have the headdress around the block I? Just a thought! nice job!

Something like this?

illinois-i-chief.png

spacer.png

I think that looks fantastic! Further, it's nice because it is something that could actually be utilized in Champaign now that we live in a PC culture.

Well done!

I doubt it. The NCAA forced William & Mary to ditch their feather logo because the feathers were deemed "hostile and abusive" imagery. I can't see the NCAA allowing a full headdress like that...as beautiful as it may be.

88_william_and_mary_logo(1).gif

gYH2mW9.png

Its YOUR concept. The headdress logo you designed looked great. The updated design with the I in the middle looks out of place. It looks like it doesn't belong. Still with the face inside of the headdress... it looks infinitely better. Who cares about the NCAA laws? No NCAA team will be wearing it or using it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Its YOUR concept. The headdress logo you designed looked great. The updated design with the I in the middle looks out of place. It looks like it doesn't belong. Still with the face inside of the headdress... it looks infinitely better. Who cares about the NCAA laws? No NCAA team will be wearing it or using it.

Thanks. I agree with you, but JSS asked about an "I" headdress, so I tried it, because hey, you never know if something will work unless you try it out. I'll definitely be going back to the chief for the full concept, but the "I" will be making an appearance as well.

spacer.png

Archived