Chick-Fil-A Kickoff Classic: Nike Pro Combat

aawagner011

Here's a color on color match up for the Chick-Fil-A kickoff classic. Both teams are already slated to don Pro Combats in the game, so I took a stab at the match up. It's supposedly blue vs. red, but I chose otherwise.

BOISE STATE:

With the recent ruling of no all-blue at home, I wanted to make them a special one off with the solid all-blue we've become accustomed to of the last few years. I dropped the gray accenting and went with a consistent striping pattern on the pants that carries over to the jersey sleeves. Wordmark and NOB in orange. Helmet is strictly the bronco logo sans text. The logo appears on both sides (as opposed to last year's PC set). I left the gray facemask as I think white is too garish and the blue takes away the contrast. The inner collar reads "Bleed Blue".

wjul3b.png

GEORGIA:

Georgia features the triple stripe worn various times throughout the school's history. The stripe fades away with a pattern similar to the VaTech white set from a few years ago. The white facemask and helmet stripe have been swapped for a shade of gray, and one of the team motto's (Finish the Drill) is sublimated into the helmet stripe. The inner neckline reads "Between the Hedges" and the small chest wordmark is rendered in a reflective dark gray, a subtle touch. A "forward looking" number font and a red sleeve bring a touch of modernism to an otherwise classic set.

ob0ff8.png

Here's a color on color match up for the Chick-Fil-A kickoff classic. Both teams are already slated to don Pro Combats in the game, so I took a stab at the match up. It's supposedly blue vs. red, but I chose otherwise.

BOISE STATE:

With the recent ruling of no all-blue at home, I wanted to make them a special one off with the solid all-blue we've become accustomed to of the last few years. I dropped the gray accenting and went with a consistent striping pattern on the pants that carries over to the jersey sleeves. Wordmark and NOB in orange. Helmet is strictly the bronco logo sans text. The logo appears on both sides (as opposed to last year's PC set). I left the gray facemask as I think white is too garish and the blue takes away the contrast. The inner collar reads "Bleed Blue".

wjul3b.png

GEORGIA:

Georgia features the triple stripe worn various times throughout the school's history. The stripe fades away with a pattern similar to the VaTech white set from a few years ago. The white facemask and helmet stripe have been swapped for a shade of gray, and one of the team motto's (Finish the Drill) is sublimated into the helmet stripe. The inner neckline reads "Between the Hedges" and the small chest wordmark is rendered in a reflective dark gray, a subtle touch. A "forward looking" number font and a red sleeve bring a touch of modernism to an otherwise classic set.

ob0ff8.png

Wow these look really good I especially like the UGA numbers. My only complaint would be that assymetrical and Boise is symetrical.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Chapeeko stole my comment. Haha.

As for the rest of the unis-- there are a few things you should fix:

>> Number size- these numbers are too large, they should fit on the panels.

>> Jersey mesh- use the 'multiply' transparency on the jersey mesh. It will make this look a lot more realistic, especially on these two colors.

>> Georgia's shoulder- not a fan of using something that identified BSU last year on the team they face this year- kind of a weird thing to do.

>> Pant logo- Georgia's pant logo is a bit too big for my liking, but this is your concept.

Great work on these, just a few things I think you can change to really elevate this.

Actually, if you look at some of the Speed Machine jerseys, the numbers do overlap the bottom mesh panels a bit.

Anyway, my only real complaint about this is the fact that Georgia's jersey isn't red, since we already know it's gonna be blue vs. red, but since it's a concept, I'll let it slide. ^_^ It's a great concept.

Actually, if you look at some of the Speed Machine jerseys, the numbers do overlap the bottom mesh panels a bit.

Anyway, my only real complaint about this is the fact that Georgia's jersey isn't red, since we already know it's gonna be blue vs. red, but since it's a concept, I'll let it slide. ^_^ It's a great concept.

Though if you put like a number 88 on that BSU jersey, it'll cover the entire back panel and then some. That's what I'm talking about.

Though if you put like a number 88 on that BSU jersey, it'll cover the entire back panel and then some. That's what I'm talking about.

Oh, my mistake. I thought you were talking about the front.

Archived