Odd 1960s Cardinals Cap

ddub53

All I know is that I think it's beautiful. If they switched to it today I'd be more than happy, I think it would make a great road.

Three biggest disgraces in sports this year:

3. Braves collapse

2. Red Sox collapse

1. Most Canucks fans actions this post-season

All I know is that I think it's beautiful. If they switched to it today I'd be more than happy, I think it would make a great road.

No. It looks like a fashion cap that doesn't belong on the field.

Good thing you were here to set him straight! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I think it's a very nice looking design that I wouldn't mind seeing as a road cap either.

Good thing you were here to set him straight! :rolleyes:

What was the point of that? Because I disagreed and shared my opinion of the hat while in no way insulting him or his opinion? I simply stated what I thought of the hat, nothing more. What would think I should've done, tell him he's absolutely right and bend over? I never said he couldn't think that. I just said what I thought.

Why do you say it looks like a fashoin cap when it's so close to what they wear regularly? I'm just curious as to your reasoning. It took me a minute to figure out what was different about it to begin with.

Why do you say it looks like a fashoin cap when it's so close to what they wear regularly? I'm just curious as to your reasoning. It took me a minute to figure out what was different about it to begin with.

Mainly because you see a lot of fashion caps like that and it's never been worn. Plus their current caps are too engrained in the teams history to go to something like this. Plus to me it doesn't seem the same as the Tigers or Padres or old Brewers where the logo color just changed between home an road. Plus I've never been a fan of darker colored logos on lighter colored caps. That really looks fashion cap to me.

Mainly because you see a lot of fashion caps like that and it's never been worn. Plus their current caps are too engrained in the teams history to go to something like this. Plus to me it doesn't seem the same as the Tigers or Padres or old Brewers where the logo color just changed between home an road. Plus I've never been a fan of darker colored logos on lighter colored caps. That really looks fashion cap to me.

Gotcha. I guess when I think fashion cap, I think of caps not in the correct team colors or with ridiculously oversized logos, etc. How far back does the red cap at home with the white STL outlined in blue thing go?

Gotcha. I guess when I think fashion cap, I think of caps not in the correct team colors or with ridiculously oversized logos, etc. How far back does the red cap at home with the white STL outlined in blue thing go?

Far enough that they should not consider a change, but I think if this had been the design from day 1 and we were used to it, most of us would like it.

As for making it the road cap, I hope not. The Cards' road cap is my favorite in all of MLB.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Far enough that they should not consider a change, but I think if this had been the design from day 1 and we were used to it, most of us would like it.

As for making it the road cap, I hope not. The Cards' road cap is my favorite in all of MLB.

Current home cap debuted in 1964 along with what is now the current road cap, which had been in use as the primary cap since 1956 (the infamous no BotB season). This was for only one season as the red cap became the only cap in 1965. However this is now the 20th season of the road cap being back. So yeah, it's not going anywhere for long time. The StL's, btw, have gone through a few minor "tweaks" over the years, but basically the concept the the two caps are the same.

Archived