Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing?

Nothing (sigh). I'm not even a Blue Jays fan, but I'm anxious. They could have such a unique selling point. Not this generic beveled font garbage we're so used to today.

Relax, gents. The new set looks killer.

I love them. Much different route than the Marlins. Bizzaro Marlins.

From everything I have read about the Marlins uniforms, it seems the only word to describe is "clusterf&^@k"

I'd completely disagree. When people think Toronto and baseball, they think Blue Jays. There's no reason to compete with St. Louis as being a red bird team.

Wasn't really stating an opinion. They want to add more red because they want the team to be, and thus appear as, the country's team. I agree that red should not touch the bird, but I think that putting a maple leaf in the new logo and adding some red trim wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I'd completely disagree. When people think Toronto and baseball, they think Blue Jays. There's no reason to compete with St. Louis as being a red bird team.

Wasn't really stating an opinion. They want to add more red because they want the team to be, and thus appear as, the country's team. I agree that red should not touch the bird, but I think that putting a maple leaf in the new logo and adding some red trim wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

I'm neutral on the subject of red. If done right, it can look great.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Always loved them until they changed their unis/logo in the mid 90's, don't even get me started on their current unis and logo. Drop the gray/silver, and keep the black as trim color (just like the bird itself). If they want to include a red maple leaf as part of the team logo, cool, but don't use red as a team color.

Talked to a guy working at one of the Jays' kiosks on Friday's game against the Yankees' - he said that all he knew about the new look was that it was going to be a "modernization" of the early 90's. All he could tell me was what he heard, no specific details. Let's hope this is true!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Talked to a guy working at one of the Jays' kiosks on Friday's game against the Yankees' - he said that all he knew about the new look was that it was going to be a "modernization" of the early 90's. All he could tell me was what he heard, no specific details. Let's hope this is true!

I went down for that game too, sat in the 500s.

I asked a lady working at the merch stand by 526, she said she had no idea that they jays were going to change their uniforms, lol!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I went down for that game too, sat in the 500s.

I asked a lady working at the merch stand by 526, she said she had no idea that they jays were going to change their uniforms, lol!

Some people are with it... some aren't...

I was at a game 2 weeks ago and asked someone in the Jays' shop when the clearance sale was and she told me the public one would begin last Thursday so I should put some items that I want on hold and pick them up later... oh how that plan turned out beautifully!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Red is used in correct manner.

Is red used throughout the uniform, or is it limited to the logo?

It's used both on the logo and the uniform (the logo appears on the uniform).

1)Is it on the uniform other than in the logo?

2)Just a heads up, your avatar should read fair. Fare has a different meaning.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

In a complete 180 from the Marlins, the new Toronto package is solid. Classy, old-school Blue Jays look. I would call it a combination of old and new.

Hmm, I don't like the "combination of old and new" when the old look was perfect for them and the new look was terrible. I hope they don't use italicized numbers, as they just don't work on any jerseys other than hockey (sometimes).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived