Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

In a complete 180 from the Marlins, the new Toronto package is solid. Classy, old-school Blue Jays look. I would call it a combination of old and new.

Hmm, I don't like the "combination of old and new" when the old look was perfect for them and the new look was terrible. I hope they don't use italicized numbers, as they just don't work on any jerseys other than hockey (sometimes).

If he just meant modern, the Clemens-era blue jay was a modernization of the original, and it turned out pretty good. However, if he meant a combination between 2011 and 1977, then we have a problem.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a complete 180 from the Marlins, the new Toronto package is solid. Classy, old-school Blue Jays look. I would call it a combination of old and new.

Hmm, I don't like the "combination of old and new" when the old look was perfect for them and the new look was terrible. I hope they don't use italicized numbers, as they just don't work on any jerseys other than hockey (sometimes).

If he just meant modern, the Clemens-era blue jay was a modernization of the original, and it turned out pretty good. However, if he meant a combination between 2011 and 1977, then we have a problem.

Yeah, but the Clemens era set was close to the previous set. It's as if they took a look at their unis and said, "How can we take our basic unis now and make them suck?" Besides looking terrible, the Blue Jays have done nothing of note since changing unis for 1997. Aside from my belief that the 1994-1996 set would be perfect with the patch moved to the sleeve, there is nothing they really need to pay tribute to for the 15 season since then.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

As in a modernization or a mixture of their 2011 jerseys and their classic ones?

As in a modernization or a mixture of their 2011 jerseys and their classic ones?

More classic look. Complete departure from current package.

Yeah, but the Clemens era set was close to the previous set. It's as if they took a look at their unis and said, "How can we take our basic unis now and make them suck?" Besides looking terrible, the Blue Jays have done nothing of note since changing unis for 1997. Aside from my belief that the 1994-1996 set would be perfect with the patch moved to the sleeve, there is nothing they really need to pay tribute to for the 15 season since then.

There is nothing from the current package in the new set. I meant more of a new take on the old look. The old bird is back, I can tell you that.

Any idea if powder blue unis will be making a return?

They will not.

Ah. I wonder if any team will pull the trigger on powder blue roads, or if that look is just gonna stay as alternate jerseys for the likes of the Royals & Rays. In my opinion, anyway, those two & the Jays seemed the most logical to bring back the full road look (though, having not seen the new set, I don't know how well powder blue would work with the new look)

Any idea if powder blue unis will be making a return?

They will not.

Ah. I wonder if any team will pull the trigger on powder blue roads, or if that look is just gonna stay as alternate jerseys for the likes of the Royals & Rays. In my opinion, anyway, those two & the Jays seemed the most logical to bring back the full road look (though, having not seen the new set, I don't know how well powder blue would work with the new look)

Full powder blue sets are where they belong. In the past.

Just went in to the Lids store at the local mall. Asked the dude behind the counter if he'd seen the new Jays stuff, and he said he had seen the new logo (no caps, uniforms or merch though)

Paraphrasing:

- It's a combination of new and old.

- It uses the Jay bird from the original WS era set, but instead of it sitting on top of the baseball, it's in front of a letter 'T'

- I asked if it was the current "swirly" T from the alternate cap, and he said no.

- I asked if it returns to the traditional two-tone blue and red, and he said "No red. It's pretty much the same colours they have now."

----

Interesting. I especially don't like the last part, which would lead to black still being a big part of the new set.

Would anyone else here who's seen it confirm or deny any of this stuff?

Bird head + T sounds like a terrific idea, the sort of thing they maybe should've done all along. I hope he made a boo-boo and it's not still dominated by graphite and black.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just went in to the Lids store at the local mall. Asked the dude behind the counter if he'd seen the new Jays stuff, and he said he had seen the new logo (no caps, uniforms or merch though)

Paraphrasing:

- It uses the Jay bird from the original WS era set, but instead of it sitting on top of the baseball, it's in front of a letter 'T'

- I asked if it was the current "swirly" T from the alternate cap, and he said no.

- I asked if it returns to the traditional two-tone blue and red, and he said "No red. It's pretty much the same colours they have now."

----

Interesting. I especially don't like the last part, which would lead to black still being a big part of the new set.

mlo9qv.pngfnyffd.png

If black is included, I am all for it. Two-tone blue is nice, but black and blue is such an underused color scheme in sports. Only the Mets currently use such a color scheme and that it supposed to be significantly lessened next year anyway. I'm really looking forward to the unveiling now.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

The guy said no red, Either the maple leaf is a different colour or it's out of the logo.

No way. You can't just distort a national symbol. So I guess no maple leaf. As long as the bird is back and black is reduced to trim, I'm happy.

Paraphrasing:

----

Are you sure he wasn't referring to the it being similar to the old colours, or did he clearly say that they'll be similar to the 2011 set. (Let's hope you heard him wrong/he made a mistake!)

Archived