Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but do we have a set time for the unveiling today?

Friday. Today's Thursday.

The picture of Lind looks like the uniform font from this past year. Looks like they just photoshopped the hat.

Can't wait for Friday though.

I agree - that is absolutely this years batterman logo - note the graphite on the left. If what we've been told is correct, I think we can expect the graphite batterman to be out.

Anubis.png

I apologize if this has been mentioned already, but do we have a set time for the unveiling today?

Friday. Today's Thursday.

Guh. You're absolutely correct and just ruined my day.

Do we have a time for tomorrow's unveiling?

Does anyone know if the Jays will have a 35 years patch this coming season? The 35th season was last year and they missed out on the opportunity, so I thought that with the new logo it might be a nice addition.

you're kidding right a 35 anniversary logo in their 36th season

Does anyone know if the Jays will have a 35 years patch this coming season? The 35th season was last year and they missed out on the opportunity, so I thought that with the new logo it might be a nice addition.

Yes. 36th season overall, 35th Anniversary of first season.

Not true. That hat will always exist to fans that love it and will always be available to purchase. I don't think the new retro look needs to have it exactly like that.

Actually, I was hoping on that particular cap's return, so I could buy it along with the O's front-panel (my first O's and TBJ caps of any kind) as well as a Marlins hat (my first new MLB hat buys in probably 10 years or more). But if it's not coming back, odds are I won't buy the TBJ one.

nav-logo.png

2012 is going to be the 36th season, but the club was founded in 1977. 2012 is 35 years. The Mariners will be wearing a 35 years patch this year.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

2012 is going to be the 36th season, but the club was founded in 1977. 2012 is 35 years. The Mariners will be wearing a 35 years patch this year.

If they played in 1977, then 2012 is the 36th season, which would mark the 35th anniversary of their first season. Year 2 marks the first anniversary of year 1, and so on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If they played in 1977, then 2012 is the 36th season, which would mark the 35th anniversary of their first season. Year 2 marks the first anniversary of year 1, and so on.

Why is this whole anniversary thing so hard for people to grasp? Even the teams fudge it up sometimes.

Why is this whole anniversary thing so hard for people to grasp? Even the teams fudge it up sometimes.

WWE fudged it badly, as the 25th Wrestlemania was branded "Wreslemania 25th anniversary". It not only had a logo saying that, but was referred to as such by all wrestlers and announcers for months beforehand (and still in retrospect when talking about it). They are doing it agains this year by referring to the 25th annual Survivor Series as the 25th anniversary, though not on the logo or posters.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Because some teams base their anniversary on years existed, others on seasons played. Case in point: the Angels and Twins both date to 1961, yet the Twins wore their 50th season patch a year before the Angels did.

Shut up about the pedantic futile debate over when and how sports anniversaries should be counted, and bookmark this superb link now! :)

Then salivate like I will when that stream comes alive and the Jays return to roost on their original colo(u)r scheme.

It's like I am finally getting my favorite ball club back!

Now all we need is the Expos to be miraculously returned from the dead (with Bill Lee as a minority owner), and my baseball paradise will be upon me. :)

cant wait until it gets leaked tonight.....haha

Make sure you're near a toilet when that happens.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Because some teams base their anniversary on years existed, others on seasons played. Case in point: the Angels and Twins both date to 1961, yet the Twins wore their 50th season patch a year before the Angels did.

There's a difference between 50th SEASON and 50th ANNIVERSARY. Your sentence contradicts itself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived