Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

No doubt, the logo is better than what they had, but I'm still not sold on that font. I wish it didn't have serifs.

Agreed. The sarifs and the misaligned stem are the only gripes I have with an otherwise flawless logo. I'm betting the sarifs will grow on me (already are infact.) Easily the best upgrade of the offseason.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While we're on the subject, what's the story with that logo from 2003 that was only used for a year? The one with the anthropomorphic bird reaching around the red T?

That was a stopgap measure before the planned rebranding. It was already part of the logo package as an alternate, but apparently the Blue Jays decided that they'd rather use it than the regular primary for the final year, so they elevated it.

I'm pretty sure that, when the Blue Jays did that, we already knew it was just for one year and that a full-on rebranding would come the following season. Of course, we didn't know how much that rebranding would suck...

This is just a great day for me. It's funny how a little thing like a logo for your favorite baseball team can really make you smile.

Sports logos, to be fair, aren't really important in the whole scheme of things, but for some reason they do seem to matter to me (at least superficially they do). This new logo provides a superb link to some excellent memories. This is my favorite moment ever related to a sports logo, it feels like my favorite baseball franchise has come home.

While we're on the subject, what's the story with that logo from 2003 that was only used for a year? The one with the anthropomorphic bird reaching around the red T?

That was a stopgap measure before the planned rebranding. It was already part of the logo package as an alternate, but apparently the Blue Jays decided that they'd rather use it than the regular primary for the final year, so they elevated it.

I'm pretty sure that, when when did that, we already knew it was just for one year and that a full-on rebranding would come the following season. Of course, we didn't know how much that rebranding would suck...

I still maintain that the T-Bird logo is worse than the Black and Silver Jays.

spacer.png

I'm pretty sure that, when when did that, we already knew it was just for one year and that a full-on rebranding would come the following season. Of course, we didn't know how much that rebranding would suck...

No. Besides the ridiculously bad color choices, that logo is something I could've drawn.

I'm probably in the minority, but I like having the two separate typefaces in the logo. I think having both look the same is a bit monotonous and it breaks it up nicely.

Overall, this is a tremendous upgrade over the previous logo and a great modern update to the iconic Blue Jays logo we all knew and loved.

patriotssignature.png

Here's a peek inside the new Jays' dugout (not my photo, found on Twitter):

akwiy.jpg

I can live with the wordmark not having "Toronto" with the hashes, but the long wordmark on the side of the bench should definitely have hases. I hope this doesn't mean the road jerseys have that same hashless font.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

akwiy.jpg

I can live with the wordmark not having "Toronto" with the hashes, but the long wordmark on the side of the bench should definitely have hases. I hope this doesn't mean the road jerseys have that same hashless font.

I like the "Toronto" not having the hashes and "Blue Jays" having hashes (which is weird, because normally I hate two different typefaces on logos).

spacer.png

...For sure. Infact, I'll take the black/silver nonsense over the extra red any day. Fortunately, both those era's are now in the past.

akwiy.jpg

The teaser video showed a jersey with a "T", and it did have the split lettering.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

akwiy.jpg

I like the "Toronto" not having the hashes and "Blue Jays" having hashes (which is weird, because normally I hate two different typefaces on logos).

I like it in the logo, not digging it as a long wordmark. Infact, I don't really like that dugout -- too much red, and gives me a labatt's blue vibe.

Archived