Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not a big fan of these. They're cheap rip-offs of the early 90's set, and I think it cheapens them. The blue jersey looks like a late 80's-early 90's batting practice jersey. The home and road look too plain to me, and the logo on the chest looks out of place. Idk, just my opinion, but I think the 2004-2011 set was better. But ultimately, I think either of the 2 sets used in the mid-late 90's and late 90's-early 2000's are better than any of them.

I do really like the caps though.

Excellent set. The uniforms, the logos, the typefaces, all of them are great. I wish they still used the lighter blue instead of navy, but I guess they had to throw it in so they could sell navy t-shirts. Also, I wish they used the version of the bird with the ball behind in on the cap and jerseys. I also would have moved the stomach patch to the sleeve, but I understand the nod to history.

Other than the Mets' substantial tweak, this is the first unveiling in ANY sport in a long, long time that didn't have a key blunder in at least one area. They did what they had to - brought back a classic look. They resisted the urge to add alternate hats, run amock with red, add shadowing or outlines to the numbers, substantially deviate from the previous number fontor and try to make it look "futuristic." Great job, Blue Jays.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Blog post is up:

Toronto Blue Jays

Is the road script really outlined in navy? I didnt see that on the uniforms

Yeah - that's the one inconsistency that I mentioned before that really bugged me.

However, I also don't know if they've made a change since I got the official files a number of weeks ago.

Sure looks like it's outlined:

pMLB2-11683900dt.jpg

For some reason I thought for sure there would be a cap with a white front panel...

Kinda glad there isn't, one team is enough, dont want it becoming a fad.

Anywho, this is easily the best rebrand that I can remember. Although the font kind of reminds me of the lion king? Or Hercules? Some Disney movie...

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm really not a big fan of these. They're cheap rip-offs of the early 90's set, and I think it cheapens them. The blue jersey looks like a late 80's-early 90's batting practice jersey. The home and road look too plain to me, and the logo on the chest looks out of place. Idk, just my opinion, but I think the 2004-2011 set was better. But ultimately, I think either of the 2 sets used in the mid-late 90's and late 90's-early 2000's are better than any of them.

I do really like the caps though.

e9yj9s.jpg

90758391980.gif

Surely the white-panel hats are a year or two away.

In all honesty, I really hope not. I think the set is perfect as is right now. It doesn't need the paneled cap to enhance the brand, despite historical significance. It's one of those instances where one single cap truly does "do the work".

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Blue Jays took the time to get this exactly right, and it shows.

The new script is easily one of my favorite in baseball. The old Jays' script from when they were founded would've looked too 70's for a brand new jersey, so this takes said script into the 21st Century. This is exactly what the Blue Jays should look like.

Amazing how a team that got it so wrong in 2004 gets it so right today.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Archived