Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

Lemme play the troll. Why is there a maple leaf?

I am kidding, this is classic and modern at its best. One of the best unis in MLB at this date. Great execution, fonts, everything screams Toronto! and its fine.

Laugh at me if you want, for the road unis, I would have go further and create a sort of mix of grey and powder blue. Not powder blue, a mix of grey and powder blue. I am sure it would have been fantastic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this set, the Orioles' set, and the Met's change. They're all reinterpretations of the team's uniforms from the 1980s. Couple these changes with what Cleveland and Kansas City have done in year's past and I am getting to see an updated version of what I grew up with.

pMLB2-11683900dt.jpg

This my friends, is called a thing of beauty. It feels so good to have my favorite ball club back!

I just can't even comprehend how gorgeous that away jersey is.

For whatever reason, I've always preferred away jerseys to home jerseys (my only authentic jersey is a Jon Lester away); I like the Orioles away jersey more than their home, the Nationals away more than their home, if the Cardinals add "St. Louis" to their aways any time soon I'd like that more than the home (same for the Brewers), and now the Blue Jays.

spacer.png

I don't like hyperbole, but I swear I watched that promo video they put together and it gave me goosebumps. Like, it was fun to be a Jays fan and to rekindle that history and so forth. Just awesome. So glad we've finally got this look back.

NCFA-FCS/CBB: Minnesota A&M | RANZBA (OOTP): Auckland Warriors | USA: Front Range United | IFA: Toverit Helsinki | FOBL: Kentucky Juggernaut

Minnesota A&M 2012 National Champions 2013 National Finalist, 2014 National Semi-finals 2012, 2013, 2014 Big 4 Conference Champions

Well this didn't take long: A Toronto based designer decided to go off on the new logo.

Frankly, I say :censored: him, I like the new logo.

bluejaysnotes.jpg

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Pretty. Two things I don't like, and they're a bit nit-picky:

- The bird still looks like it's falling/leaing backwards. That also causes "Blue Jays" to look off-kilter in the roundel.

- I could do without the logo on the front of the jerseys, but at the least they could have made it a little smaller.

I so love the player numbers. Yum.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The outline on the road jerseys is inexplicable, but at least it's not on the numbers, too. Hopefully they eliminate it after a year.

I still maintain the bird needs the baseball behind him, at least on the cap. Especially with darkening of the logo, it would really make it pop. The cap looks like it's missing something to me. Still a great set, though.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I still maintain the bird needs the baseball behind him, at least on the cap. Especially with darkening of the logo, it would really make it pop. The cap looks like it's missing something to me. Still a great set, though.

If I had one complaint at all, this would be it. The cap is just a little too plain for me too.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Laugh at me if you want, for the road unis, I would have go further and create a sort of mix of grey and powder blue. Not powder blue, a mix of grey and powder blue. I am sure it would have been fantastic.

I've proposed that for the Royals, actually. Very very muted blue-grey, enough to be Not Quite Grey and recall the old powder-blues without being powder blue.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well this didn't take long: A Toronto based designer decided to go off on the new logo.

Frankly, I say :censored: him, I like the new logo.

bluejaysnotes.jpg

This designer = EPIC DOUCHE

lol! well said RedSox44!

Love the new bird and love the cap

I know this is raining on the parade celebrating an outstanding upgrade, but I don't think they quite nailed it. I am a little underwhelmed by the jerseys.

And is anyone else bothered that the stem of the maple leaf does not flow into the baseball on the main logo? Of course, that it isn't used anywhere on the uniform makes this a very minor issue. The lack of connection between the baseball and leaf gives the logo a layered, uncohesive look. I don't see an integrated logo but first the baseball, then the bird and finally the leaf. EDIT: I see a "Toronto based designer" beat me to it.

For the small number of (I assume) Americans complaining about the Maple Leaf, I think the best comparison is the Texas Texases. The Rangers have incentive to play up their Texasness as they seem to be targeting a larger audience than just the DFW area. And in comparison, they are much bigger offenders than the BLUE Jays because they aren't the only team in Texas and they really go overboard with it. I think the BLUE Jays are being smart marketers in playing up the Canadianess to garner a whole nation as a fan base. Why not? Plus, and I'm saying this as a proud American, can we really give Canadians crap about being too nationalistic? That's like a jet black pot critiquing a stainless steel kettle for its black handle. Uh, or something...

Archived