Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh no. I love the name SkyDome.

It's superb, accurate commentary like this, that makes me realize just how splendid this forum is.

Of COURSE it should be called SkyDome, because that's precisely what it is.

The other stuff is corporate nonsense, that I'm sure fills someone's coffers, but since it doesn't fill mine, I can defy it, guilt-free.

I'm calling it SheaSkyDome

1319141962467_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

1319141957940_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

1319141957294_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Boy I can't wait to see a Blue Jays vs. Orioles game!

The first that that sentence has EVER been uttered.

Those are going to be some my-t-fine looking games.

spacer.png

Also, I really like that the primary logo has now been wrapped up inside a roundel. It makes it look really, really sharp. I know roundels are overdone, but I think they can also look really nice when done well. And this one was done well.

Overall, a huge, huge upgrade for the Blue Jays. I did personally prefer the sans-serif split font, but I know the new serifed rendition will grow on me.

My favorite aspect of the uniforms is the font. On the uniforms they look perfect, the best touch IMO to modernize the old script. Also the numbers look fantastic, very bold and the blue makes them look very sharp. I'd love to get a jersey!

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I was hoping for no logo on the front because it just looks to 70/80's, but once I saw these, I changed my mind. For the Blue Jays only. Won't feel the same for any other team. The navy around "Toronto" on the roads is the ONLY thing I would change. Well the numbers are a little "short and squatty" looking. I'd bring in the width a bit and lengthen them a bit, but they're fine if left untouched.

Fine job, Jays. Now you're the second best looking bird team in baseball. B)

I was hoping for no logo on the front because it just looks to 70/80's, but once I saw these, I changed my mind. For the Blue Jays only. Won't feel the same for any other team. The navy around "Toronto" on the roads is the ONLY thing I would change. Well the numbers are a little "short and squatty" looking. I'd bring in the width a bit and lengthen them a bit, but they're fine if left untouched.

Fine job, Jays now you're the second best looking bird team in baseball. B)

For the road jerseys, I would have liked more consistency. If you're going to outline "TORONTO" in navy, then also do it with the NOB and numbers. But since the latter two don't have the navy outline, nor should the "TORONTO."

For some reason I feel like i've seen that Jays logo on the concept board here

Thinking of the Phil/Creamer mash-up back in '05?

Toronto%20Blue%20Jays%20Logo%20Edit.gif

We were pretty close, eh?

Pretty close indeed. ;)

Good to see you back Phil... you should stick around for a while. :)

First before all, I must tell you that I'm heterosexual and Red Sox / SF Giants fan.

Well... when I saw the new Blue Jays uniforms I've got an erection!!!

AWESOME ALL THE SET!

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

I'm really not a big fan of these. They're cheap rip-offs of the early 90's set, and I think it cheapens them. The blue jersey looks like a late 80's-early 90's batting practice jersey. The home and road look too plain to me, and the logo on the chest looks out of place. Idk, just my opinion, but I think the 2004-2011 set was better. But ultimately, I think either of the 2 sets used in the mid-late 90's and late 90's-early 2000's are better than any of them.

I do really like the caps though.

How can you rip yourself off?

http://mypict.me/ind...hp?id=329958200

Outside of the rogers centre. I think the picture quality distorts the font a bit.

Great. Hopefully now they can remove the SkyDome logos still on some of the garbage cans.

I'd rather see them go the other way and remove "Rogers Centre". What an ego maniac Ted Rogers was, does he need his stupid name on EVERYTHING??? Couldn't have been "Rogers SkyDome"?

Oh no. I love the name SkyDome. I was just saying that they should've gotten rid of them by now. And to be fair, Rogers is the company, so it's not like he wants his name everywhere; more of his company.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn. Got a Bautuista jersey 6 months too early. cursing.gif But I will get that cap. What a beauty. Also, in the video, it said "The new logo for life" (or something like that). Does that mean that they'll stick with this forever? Hopefully. And for those of you saying "Choose an identity and stop changing", they have. Plus, 3 of their 5 logos have been pretty much the same.

Kind of a shame that Romero and Bautista had to break out in the Black Jays crap, but at least all our young stars will spend their primes wearing this.

Yeah I know Rogers is the company, that's where it started. RIM (Research In Motion) isn't called "Balsillie In Motion". Microsoft isn't "Gatesoft". Yet Rogers is on EVERYTHING, I guess he feels his competition is Alexander Graham "BELL".

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

For the road jerseys, I would have liked more consistency. If you're going to outline "TORONTO" in navy, then also do it with the NOB and numbers. But since the latter two don't have the navy outline, nor should the "TORONTO."

the Brewers do something similar. Their wordmark, names and numbers are all the same - blue with white outline and gold drop-shadow - but for some reason they added a second drop-shadow in navy for the wordmarks alone. Drives me crazy.

I must say that the AL East has become the best looking division in baseball PERIOD....I also must say that this off season has brought the most polarizing set of uni changes in a while. Baltimore made an upgrade, Miami has a really-love-it or really-hate-it change, San Diego just a boring change and the BLUE Jays finally have risen from the ashes.

It's still a little hard to tell from the MLBShop.com pictures: Are the NOB and numbers embroidered on, like the word mark and logo, or not? I'd assume they are, but can't tell for sure.

There's part of the font. Here's the 3-D embroidered thing, courtesy of one of Chris' tweets:

AekXZGNCQAALoCG.jpg

However, it's only 3-D on the authentic.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived