Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

It's still a little hard to tell from the MLBShop.com pictures: Are the NOB and numbers embroidered on, like the word mark and logo, or not? I'd assume they are, but can't tell for sure.

There's part of the font. Here's the 3-D embroidered thing, courtesy of one of Chris' tweets:

AekXZGNCQAALoCG.jpg

However, it's only 3-D on the authentic.

You know what? For the first time ever I'm going to plunk down cash for a MLB authentic.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what serif font the Blue Jays are using? Or is it a custom job?

It looks to me like its rooted in Albertus. But I could be wrong.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I need advice: should I try and sell my Black Jays Bautista jersey to help "fund" to buy one of these? The normal answer would be "yes", but it was a gift that I got only earlier this year and I don't want to appear rude/ungrateful by just selling a gift I got 6 months later. But yet again, it'd be to get the same thing, just updated (i.e. It's not like I'm selling it to buy MW3). And yes, my parents are the ones who got it for me so it's not like I could hide the fact that I sold it. These are really amazing and tempting to buy, but if buying one made me look like a brat, then I wouldn't. It wouldn't crush me if I didn't end up buying one because it still has a player on the back (It's more of a "Bautista" jersey than a Jays Jersey).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

It's still a little hard to tell from the MLBShop.com pictures: Are the NOB and numbers embroidered on, like the word mark and logo, or not? I'd assume they are, but can't tell for sure.

However, it's only 3-D on the authentic.

Very nice! Would love to get a similar closeup of the back, though. I think I'll appreciate the number font a lot more once I see the real thing.

I must say that the AL East has become the best looking division in baseball PERIOD....I also must say that this off season has brought the most polarizing set of uni changes in a while. Baltimore made an upgrade, Miami has a really-love-it or really-hate-it change, San Diego just a boring change and the BLUE Jays finally have risen from the ashes.

The Yankees and Red Sox sets are classic, the Orioles have always been a good looking team and now that the Jays have returned to their former glory with the new set. The Rays are bland as anything, but they're not necessarily unappealing. I'd have to say you're right (though the NL Central gives the AL East a run for its money).

spacer.png

I must say that the AL East has become the best looking division in baseball PERIOD....I also must say that this off season has brought the most polarizing set of uni changes in a while. Baltimore made an upgrade, Miami has a really-love-it or really-hate-it change, San Diego just a boring change and the BLUE Jays finally have risen from the ashes.

The Yankees and Red Sox sets are classic, the Orioles have always been a good looking team and now that the Jays have returned to their former glory with the new set. The Rays are bland as anything, but they're not necessarily unappealing. I'd have to say you're right (though the NL Central gives the AL East a run for its money).

Once the Astros leave, I would nominate the NL Central as a contender for that title...

I saw, I came, I left.

First before all, I must tell you that I'm heterosexual and Red Sox / SF Giants fan.

Well... when I saw the new Blue Jays uniforms I've got an erection!!!

AWESOME ALL THE SET!

awinnerisyou490-300x174.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Absolutely love them. The only nit I have to pick is with the circles around the baseball logo. I'd juat rather see it without those:

jays.png

Otherwise they're basically exactly what I was hoping they would make. The old blue alternates might have been my favourite Jays unis ever, so I'm glad they did a new version. I'm hoping they bring out an update for the original red Canada Day jersey: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=2sgp6u2uogl0g1gpa3gzc4apd

Archived