Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my official cap, bp cap and t-shirt. I don't yet feel like dropping $220 + tax on an alternate jersey yet... in due time though!

Honestly, it isn't worth it to buy a replica... the difference in quality between the two is too obvious... and hopefully makes it harder for people to knockoff.

BTW, here are some fun facts from http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/11/18/jays_new_look/

THE UNIFORMS

The Blue Jays are the first team to use a PUFF PATCH from Majestic Athletic in the fabrication of its new logo. Designed to lift the logo graphic off the double-knit polyester jersey, it provides a new dimension like never before and gives the Blue Jays bird logo its realistic look.

As per http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/2011/11/18/top_jays_unis/

The old uniforms got too hot to play in sometimes.

?One of the things the players suggested was going back to the original material instead of the ClimaCool,? said Jose Bautista. ?When you sweat a lot, it got kinda heavy and feels too damp on your body. By going back to the original material is going to feel great for us because you won?t feel the jersey weight heavy on us.?

I provided a link to the latter because I asked a store employee when the CoolBase versions would come out, and he told me they weren't making them for the Jays' anymore. So after some poking around I found the above quote to support his claim.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just dropped 250 plus on new merchandise, hat, Brett Lawrie alternate jersey etc. Was going to wait for the Authentic but it's hard to justify 250+ on a piece of clothing

250 Canadian or American? :grin:

I ended up spending 260 bucks Canadian at the Canadian Jays shop website :) with tax of course :/

Wow this new Jays set is a major upgrade. I'm very impressed. I'm also glad they didn't do a direct return to their early '90s set - that set was dated but with a few tweaks they have successfully updated their real look.

Welcome back, BLUE Jays. I really look forward to seeing these in action.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Is it wrong to purchase a cap if you have no affiliation or ties to the team? That cap is just gorgeous.

Man, I'm a diehard fan of the Red Sox and the SF Giants and I have caps and jerseys from the Yanks and Dodgers just for collection purposes. And I have more caps from other franchises nothing to do with me and I have used all of them.

First before everything, I love baseball.

Just whipped up a new iPhone wallpaper. feel free to download!

5xOKQ.jpg

Love it!

Can you make one at 640x480 for android phones?

. Is there any for iPad? And are there any from Red Sox and / or Giants?

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Wait. So the coolbase jerseys are actually hotter than the regular old style jerseys?

I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Sounds like they have a variation on the Edge dilemma: they try to divert moisture but divert it to the wrong place.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyone know what firm or individual designed these?

According to MLB.com:

The new look was more than 18 months in the making. It was created by the Blue Jays with assistance from the Design Services division of Major League Baseball, in conjunction with members of Toronto's staff, manager John Farrell and several players.

So... An in-house design team, I suppose? I can't find anything more specific than that.

And on a slightly related note, I found this regarding the "Jays" logo from 2004-2011:

In 2002, the club went through its second major rebranding process. The Toronto-based firm Brandid opted to focus on "Jays" and used traditional baseball script with three-dimensional metallic letters with an emphasis on a black and silver color scheme.

I also seem to remember reading around the time of the 2004 re-branding that the blue was de-emphasized in the Blue Jays' color scheme because of the owner's connections to a brand of beer, which had a rival beer whose dominant color was blue. I could be WAAAAYYYY wrong with that memory, but it sticks with me, and I remember thinking over the past few years how pathetic it was that the Blue Jays couldn't be mainly blue because of some peripheral business ties. Anyone else remember this, or was this the situation with a different team/sport?

Anyone know what firm or individual designed these?

According to MLB.com:

The new look was more than 18 months in the making. It was created by the Blue Jays with assistance from the Design Services division of Major League Baseball, in conjunction with members of Toronto's staff, manager John Farrell and several players.

So... An in-house design team, I suppose? I can't find anything more specific than that.

And on a slightly related note, I found this regarding the "Jays" logo from 2004-2011:

In 2002, the club went through its second major rebranding process. The Toronto-based firm Brandid opted to focus on "Jays" and used traditional baseball script with three-dimensional metallic letters with an emphasis on a black and silver color scheme.

I also seem to remember reading around the time of the 2004 re-branding that the blue was de-emphasized in the Blue Jays' color scheme because of the owner's connections to a brand of beer, which had a rival beer whose dominant color was blue. I could be WAAAAYYYY wrong with that memory, but it sticks with me, and I remember thinking over the past few years how pathetic it was that the Blue Jays couldn't be mainly blue because of some peripheral business ties. Anyone else remember this, or was this the situation with a different team/sport?

If that's right, then that's all kinds of messed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't realize how closely the new roads matched the World Series era roads

6361118787_502a064af3_b.jpg

The only things that are different is the removal of baseballs from the cap and jersey, the sharper, thicker font and the slightly lighter blue.

I perfect modernization in every way.

spacer.png

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20030903&content_id=509196&vkey=news_tor&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor

We're very confident that this is something that will last for many years to come

-Paul Godfrey

This makes me oh-so-thankful for Beeston's return.

I also read in another report from 2003 that they were planning on naming them the "Toronto Jays". I'll try to find the link.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Part of the original ownership consortium of the Blue Jays was Labatt Brewing, whose flagship brand is "Blue", so it couldn't be that...if anything they should have avoided black, for Molson/Coors "Black Label".

I'm getting thirsty...whose turn is it to get the next round?

I can haz sig?

The only things that are different is the removal of baseballs from the cap and jersey, the sharper, thicker font and the slightly darker blue.

Correction: the primary Blue is lighter, not darker.

I thought it was because Rogers Communications owns the team, and their official colors are red (and I guess have a predominantly blue competitor? Can't say I'm real familiar with Canadian cable systems)... however, they finally relented and listened to the fans.

Archived