whateverman42

Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

The Bluefield Blue Jays have revealed their new logos. Pretty much the same as Dunedin.

450733127.jpg

Did the Jays' first logo officially ever have a blue outline? MLB.com shows it as such:

im_logo_1_110_94.gif

I think it looks kind of neat.

Even if this wasn't this organization/forget the team name - the Doc-Era ones were still horrid unis:

-Piping on the pants, but not on the jerseys

-That terrible italicized font

-The forced maple leaf sleeve patch (I like the idea of having it, but put it in the logo if you really want to have it. Thankfully, they did)

-The Toothpaste "T"

-Having the original road being completely devoid of blue whatsoever

-the charcoal/silver/grey hat

I actually really liked the 2008-11 road. As Ice_Capo said, a set based on that uni wouldn't have been half bad - not the best they've ever had, but surely than the Halladay Era/T-Bird monstrosities they had.

And I think I mentioned it earlier, but is this really all they're doing to Ace? Recolouring his beak? He's still mostly silver. Why not coax BJ Birdie out of retirement? Or at least give Ace a new look? Introduce a new mascot?

So is it just me or does the bottom of the head pointing straight down not bother anyone? Do you think making it go to the right ala the original improves it (despite the shoddy paint job)? IMO its much more balanced and flows better.

bluejays.png

And I think I mentioned it earlier, but is this really all they're doing to Ace? Recolouring his beak? He's still mostly silver. Why not coax BJ Birdie out of retirement? Or at least give Ace a new look? Introduce a new mascot?

I can't remember where I heard it, but I don't think Rogers has the rights to use BJ Birdie. I agree that Ace could have used a better makeover, though.

Did the Jays' first logo officially ever have a blue outline? MLB.com shows it as such:

im_logo_1_110_94.gif

I think it looks kind of neat.

The original never had that - it started appearing with the outline when they first started producing throwback merchandise in the mid 00s

MLB 12: The Show is showing their new graphics, and some new team uniforms. Here's the Jays from the back (and it looks like they have them playing the Marlins).

381374_315331941813404_194843153862284_1336754_1752747677_n.jpg

380104_315331875146744_194843153862284_1336752_434944024_n.jpg

Welp, that's a release-day purchase.

The game, not the jersey. They look damned good though.

Funny. The first shot has them definitely playing the Marlins. I immediately assumed the second shot (which I saw first) was of the Orioles, but no sleeve patch means that must be the Marlins too. Early look at some conceptual catcher gear.

Thanks for those Mack. Hopefully your report fixes some of the things that were wrong with the unis in that game. Bummer they didn't show the Marlins in their new stadium, though.

Thanks for those Mack. Hopefully your report fixes some of the things that were wrong with the unis in that game. Bummer they didn't show the Marlins in their new stadium, though.

Oh they had better use what I wrote! It came out like a huge novel! We will learn one of two lessons:

A - Hard work pays off

B - Corporations don't care what the fans think

I wonder which one will prevail?

Hey Mack, any chance you have a link to this report, if that's allowed? I'd like to read it.

The Blue Jays look so good it makes me hate them again.

hahaha...me too. funny, I thought the same thing.

Hey Mack, any chance you have a link to this report, if that's allowed? I'd like to read it.

I do not. I just wrote it on Microsoft Word, and sent it out.

I do not. I just wrote it on Microsoft Word, and sent it out.

You can go to "Sent" and find the message there.

MLB 12: The Show is showing their new graphics, and some new team uniforms. Here's the Jays from the back (and it looks like they have them playing the Marlins).

381374_315331941813404_194843153862284_1336754_1752747677_n.jpg

380104_315331875146744_194843153862284_1336752_434944024_n.jpg

Those screenshots are gorgeous. I was already picking up 12, but this is just adding fuel to my want fire.

Having some problems landing the new hat. The "Lids" in Seattle all claim to get the hat in next week and the official site has most hat sizes on back order. Anyone know of a brick-and-mortar franchise that is definitely carrying it?

Having some problems landing the new hat. The "Lids" in Seattle all claim to get the hat in next week and the official site has most hat sizes on back order. Anyone know of a brick-and-mortar franchise that is definitely carrying it?

The Lids here in London, ON keeps selling them out the day they get the shipments in.