Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the Clemens set with white replacing the lighter blue/red and without the leaf as prominent? I could get behind that.

FWIW, I'm gonna love the Clemens set. I've even got a player-issued Luke Prokopec road jersey from '03. That's my favorite set in baseball history, to be honest.

Well, 2003 wasn't the Clemens set. They moved to the steroid bird and went with a traditional placket and sleeve piping format, which made things that much worse.

You mean, "a lot better." :)

As much as the Clemens set sucked, at least it was keeping with what the Blue Jays had previously done. Forget about how ridiculous the steroid bird was for a minute. I didn't like the look of the 2003 set (particularly with the blue sleeves) and I don't think the Blue Jays should wear a traditional set with piping or pinstripes.

My bad, it's an '02 jersey. The one with the beautiful blue-and-red cap era. The 2003 set wasn't that great, but IMO the '97-'99 and '00-'02 sets both qualify as that era to me.

6fQjS3M.png

So we can all agree that this is one of the worst cap logos in major league history?

T-Bird.gif

Ya know ... call me crazy but if the T was snipped out of that logo it could make for a good cap if it was on a white cap at home, and a light gray for the roadie, with both caps having a blue lid and button at the top. :therock:

So we can all agree that this is one of the worst cap logos in major league history?

T-Bird.gif

You know, I may be in the minority here, but I never did dislike this logo at all. I think it got the crap it did because of how much of a departure it was from the preceding Toronto logos. If the Jays were a recent expansion team and this was thier first cap logo, I'd bet that it'd be recieved much differently.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Minor league whimsy.

At best. The 'T' looks terrible, and regardless of how you feel about the rest of it - it doesn't belong on a cap... I kinda blocked that whole period out of my mind. I remember at the time thinking "what is this weird horrible childish alt logo and why are they wearing it so often?" I'll say it again -- black is far less egregious then red for the jays - I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANY OF IT... A tiny leaf somewhere, fine; a shoulder patch, ok... But how can anyone be ok with red on the uniforms of the blue jays? And how exactly is red white and blue more canadian? I'm so frightened for whats to come...

Apparently, my idea for the Jays was worse than the ons that were posted......it's nowhere in sight

Those newspaper contests tend to show "most creative" as opposed to "best." When I was a kid in 1986, the Minneapolis paper did the same thing. I spent a long time working on a serious design for a more classic baseball uniform, and the paper pretty much printed "clever" designs that were not serious (the two I remember were a full conquistador suit and a roadmap of Minnesota covering the entire body). That should have been when I realized that most people don't care about uniforms nearly as much as I do...I honestly thought it was a contest for serious designs and it pissed me off that it was not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

T-Bird.gif

You know, I may be in the minority here, but I never did dislike this logo at all. I think it got the crap it did because of how much of a departure it was from the preceding Toronto logos. If the Jays were a recent expansion team and this was thier first cap logo, I'd bet that it'd be recieved much differently.

Considering that they were around for over 25 years before and had 2 great logos before then, this looks terrible. The "T" is stolen from Texas and made minor league-ish, the bird belongs in the forest helping Dora, and it promotes body art and tattoos to young children. Plus, if you look just at the head, the bird looks like a woman. It's like the Marlins introducing this logo:

1280123172EG46j9.jpg

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

So, the Clemens set with white replacing the lighter blue/red and without the leaf as prominent? I could get behind that.

If they're going to go that route they might as well go back to this....

fm0xbms6o2rgev2so5befz813-2.giff18kq33els2nq98rovh61eqkk-2.gif

Just saying.

The Clemons era set tried to fix something that wasn't broken.

I think they should go with this with some minor tweeking. I think they need to slightly modernize the logo (there have been some fantastic concepts on this board), but whether they modernize it or leave it I think they should either replace the logo on the cap with a "T" in the same split font, or replace the logo on the chest with the numbers, or replace both and put the logo on the sleeve.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived