Mets Uniform History

kevinmets

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me, nameless jerseys look like the hand-me-down doubleknits high schools use for 10 years straight, where your size determines your number and players would have to switch numbers if they grew over the last year. You make it to the big leagues, you should have your name stitched on the back,

OldRomanSig2.jpg

IMAGES & OTHER TEXT REDACTED

(P.S. - My brother is Mike Cesarano, the compiler of the information on the Mets' unis at The Ultimate Mets Database. I am Ferdinand Cesarano.)

I just want to say, as a Met fan, that's one of the greatest web-sites EVER. I'm there all the time. Keep up the incredible work!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

To me, nameless jerseys look like the hand-me-down doubleknits high schools use for 10 years straight, where your size determines your number and players would have to switch numbers if they grew over the last year. You make it to the big leagues, you should have your name stitched on the back,

Ah, color me one of those "you play for the name on the front, not the back" people. At least on a home uniform, and especially with a design so deliberately throwing back to a day before NOBs were added.

IMAGES & OTHER TEXT REDACTED

(P.S. - My brother is Mike Cesarano, the compiler of the information on the Mets' unis at The Ultimate Mets Database. I am Ferdinand Cesarano.)

I just want to say, as a Met fan, that's one of the greatest web-sites EVER. I'm there all the time. Keep up the incredible work!

Thanks! I will definitely let my brother know that!

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

Wasn't there a cream-colored alt a couple years back? Something like a block "N Y" on the chest, with Mr. Met on the sleeve? IIRC, it was some kind of a fauxback or something? Please tell me I'm not imagining this!

EDIT: Yep, found it! August 2009, three game series wearing a New York Giants "inspired" uni, with a giant "N Y" on the chest in the "Red Sox" font and Mr. Met on the right sleeve.

large_parnell.jpg

I absolutely loved that uniform.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

So are you guys saying that the Mets' belts have always been blue? Or are you saying that they have used both blue and black belts?

Always been blue since '62 and on. That is, up until '98 when they introduced black into the color scheme and then they began wearing black belts along with blue belts.

Reviving this thread about the Mets' belts:

7338415602_48c2f1be1a_o.jpg

Isn't Collins's belt black there?

I just saw the commerical, Collins' belt looked blue on tv.

So are you guys saying that the Mets' belts have always been blue? Or are you saying that they have used both blue and black belts?

Always been blue since '62 and on. That is, up until '98 when they introduced black into the color scheme and then they began wearing black belts along with blue belts.

Reviving this thread about the Mets' belts:

7338415602_48c2f1be1a_o.jpg

Isn't Collins's belt black there?

I just saw the commerical, Collins' belt looked blue on tv.

yeah the belt if definitely blue on TV, compare it to Girardi's

True2OB.png

Archived