brandIDENTITY: Overhaul of Titanic Proportions

tBBP

Overall, a really solid concept here, Buc, as usual. The flameless thumbtack is definitely an upgrade. I like the color change visually, but conceptually I'm kind of torn. With the logo being based off of the Tennessee (a game of horseshoes!) flag, I just don't know that changing the red to yellow is working in that manner. Then again, the Preds did it. So I guess if it looks better, by all means, do it. The uniforms look great...solid ties to what they have with vastly improved stripes. The silver numbers get a little lost on the blue, but I think when they're all metallic, they'd probably be fine.

Wow...didn't even realize this thread still had life. 'Preciate that!

To answer some questions about this...the reason I chose not to include blue pants in this set os because, to me at least, they would have seemed out of place--that, and I'd have had to come up with a sock design that actually would have worked. All that said, I did mock up a road version with yellow pants, to match with the yellow yoke (another reason I opted for yellow yokes on the road--aside from matching it to the home shirts). I still have that version saved so{where; I may bring it out at some point. At least with that set, the silver helmet doesn't stick out so much as it did, to me at least, with sthe white top/blue bottom version mocked up.

Oh and ColeJ...I ain't forgot about your request, just ain't had time to actually do it yet. Stay tuned.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The colors look good together, and the new striping helps bring some consistency to what was a jumbled mess. I'm also enjoying the bevel on the rim of the roundel logo, as it stylistically matches the T and the sword. A lot of good little changes and a big change (colors) make this work quite well.

Huge improvement...I've always hated the Titans look(unis, primary logo, etc) and the biggest fix I thought they needed to make was get rid of the stupid @$$ flames on the logo. The next obvious change I wanted them to make was adopt the sword/T logo as the primary and you nailed both of them! I wasn't totally against their colors because I thought their color swatch was a nod to the Oilers heritage, so, though I like the color scheme you chose I don't think it is as necessary a change as the logos and unis...Well done!

This is funny. I've long thought the Titans should become a dark blue and gold team, but for a different reason. I always wanted the new Titans to adopt the colors of the original Titans' identity since they're reviving that name. Because of that, I always envisioned it as dark blue paired with a rich, metallic mustard gold like the one we saw on the Jets' throwbacks.

As for the concept, the primary logo is truly great. I still don't prefer that wordmark. The numerals are well-designed and crafted, even though it's not the style I usually go for. I've never liked the Titans' uniforms, but I definitely think yours improve on that look. I'm not crazy about the silver helmet. I think silver helmets are something special that should be reserved for the teams that made it their own early on, like the Raiders, Lions and Cowboys, for example. I'd be interested in seeing a reworked version without the silver, maybe with white instead.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

This is a nice tweak/update/concept. This a the way people should do tweaks and updates, with thought and a professional and finished appearance when you present them to the community. Great job on these!

Archived