NCAA Uniform Concept

cshookemHORNS

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea tell me what I did wrong

Somppi hit the nail on the head. Seeing concepts that are just thrown together like this irritate those of us that try on them. As requested, your laundry list:

-Pant striping is not realistic, and it's on top of the seams. Front and rear views rarely have that much showing of the stripe, nor is the side view of the pants completely linear like you have the stripes on here. This template is designed to reflect that level of detail. If you imagine those pants (any of them) on a player, they're going to be angled forward, not vertical. Not sure if that's your intention, but I'm going to guess it was not.

-Helmet logos are way too large. See the Longhorns.

-On the back of Boise's jersey, you're using an open vector, or you just got lazy and drew a line straight across. Name a team that looks good that has a shoulder yoke that comes to a point on the shoulders, and barely covers the tops of the shoulders.

-Number placement-- as I stated earlier. Look at the shoulder on Boise. Is that number supposed to be on the front of the jersey, or on the side of the shoulder?

-Match the logos and colors. I know you've fixed it, but overlooking this is something you should never do. It's a simple fix, and it just makes you look careless.

-More colors-- the gray on the black WKU uniform is not the right gray. So is the right cuff on the front.

-Also WKU-- how would that Sun Belt logo look IRL?

-Look at your front and back numbers on Boise and WKU-- remember aspect ratio? It's messed up here, too.

I would go on, but it's taking too much time to look over these and come up with things that are major enough to mention. The key here is this: slow the hell down. Put some thought into your concepts-- no good concept should have this many iterations, and honestly, seeing this many posts for so many sloppily executed concepts ticks me off. There are people that are actually working on concepts that have solid material, and they're being bumped for this.

Maybe I sound like an ass, but someone has to give it to you straight if you want to make it as a designer.

(bow)

Somppi hit the nail on the head. Seeing concepts that are just thrown together like this irritate those of us that try on them. As requested, your laundry list:

-Pant striping is not realistic, and it's on top of the seams. Front and rear views rarely have that much showing of the stripe, nor is the side view of the pants completely linear like you have the stripes on here. This template is designed to reflect that level of detail. If you imagine those pants (any of them) on a player, they're going to be angled forward, not vertical. Not sure if that's your intention, but I'm going to guess it was not.

-On the back of Boise's jersey, you're using an open vector, or you just got lazy and drew a line straight across. Name a team that looks good that has a shoulder yoke that comes to a point on the shoulders, and barely covers the tops of the shoulders.

-Number placement-- as I stated earlier. Look at the shoulder on Boise. Is that number supposed to be on the front of the jersey, or on the side of the shoulder?

-Match the logos and colors. I know you've fixed it, but overlooking this is something you should never do. It's a simple fix, and it just makes you look careless.

-More colors-- the gray on the black WKU uniform is not the right gray. So is the right cuff on the front.

-Look at your front and back numbers on Boise and WKU-- remember aspect ratio? It's messed up here, too.

I would go on, but it's taking too much time to look over these and come up with things that are major enough to mention. The key here is this: slow the hell down. Put some thought into your concepts-- no good concept should have this many iterations, and honestly, seeing this many posts for so many sloppily executed concepts ticks me off. There are people that are actually working on concepts that have solid material, and they're being bumped for this.

Maybe I sound like an ass, but someone has to give it to you straight if you want to make it as a designer.

(bow)

Thank you. clap.gif

(bow)

Ok thanks im new to the website so when youre saying stuff like bump, IRL, and aspect ratio im confused as hell.

And saying i dont take time in my concepts pisses me off and the gray on the black is the same gray as in the red uniform so idk why it looks like that

There's a starting point to everything. If I'm not mistaken, aspect ratio has already been explained to you. IRL (solved by a simple Google search) means "in real life". Bump is forum speak for moving your post to the top. This is just proving that you've got to spend some time around here before you start posting.

As for the grays, here's an illustration that should clear that up for you:

Untitled.png

And sorry if telling you that you need to take your time makes you angry, but I'd be lying if I said it looked like you're trying on these. There's no direction, and there's a lot of errors that should be fixed before even posting a first version. The fact that you're updating these almost at the suggestions of others within minutes-- that's not taking time, nor is that utilizing your own creative talents.

Calm down, slow down, and spend some time looking at concepts that are thought out, like BraveBird, mbannon, and jsb_0403's series. Hell, look at what I've done recently. It takes time to make a good concept. Honestly, you're lucky someone is giving this much feedback on this. I've seen great threads die with fewer comments...

Archived