"Major Leagues, Minor Tweaks"

TheFloridianLogoMan

This thread is a series of concepts that were too minimal for each to have it's own thread.....so I'm gonna post them all in one single thread.

But before I update this for the first time, I need to find out how to update the "topic description" line each time I post a different tweak. If anyone knows how to do that, let me know, I appreciate it.

First up is the Baltimore Orioles.....

baltconcept2.png

Basically, the cartoon bird gives the realistic bird the heave-ho....that, and an orange alternate jersey is added, along with a unique patch for that alterrnate jersey only.

The Cincinnati Reds....

cinconcept2.png

The running man is back!! Taking the place of Mr. Redlegs, I recreated the "Machine" style Running Man logo using modern Reds lettering.

And, the Kansas City Royals....

kcconcept2.png

.....because I can dream!

I'll post more in the future, the Twins are most likely next up.

Go to the full post editor and you'll be able to adjust it.

I like all three concepts though (this is entirely hypocritical of me since I've been guilty of the same thing) I'd like to see them on a bigger template.

Orioles: I'm not a big fan of this one. I think you might have gone a little overboard with the retro look.

Although I love the bird head logo you used for the caps, It just doesn't seem right to see a Orioles uniform set with out the O's cap logo.

Reds: I would have just kept their current primary logo, Especially because you used it on the home jersey.

I really like the mascot as a sleeve patch though. It's a nice touch and I wouldn't mid seeing them use that logo more often.

Royals: Interesting Idea with the drop shadow. Did you consider making it light blue, in order to have all colors represented in the primary logo? Especially with all the light blue you use in the uniforms.... Which by the way look great.

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Orioles: I'm not a big fan of this one. I think you might have gone a little overboard with the retro look.

Although I love the bird head logo you used for the caps, It just doesn't seem right to see a Orioles uniform set with out the O's cap logo.

baltblack.png

It makes the most sense......the O's on the cap contrast the "Baltimore" script perfectly.....in addition, the patch is the primary, adding the cartoon bird to that kit for consistency. In fact, the O's cap could very well be used on the road instead of the white front panel bird logo cap

Reds: I would have just kept their current primary logo, Especially because you used it on the home jersey.

I really like the mascot as a sleeve patch though. It's a nice touch and I wouldn't mid seeing them use that logo more often.

I prsonally feel that it's a nod to one of my favorite baseball logos....I really like the C-running man mark alot, and I wouldn't mind seeing to come back one day

Royals: Interesting Idea with the drop shadow. Did you consider making it light blue, in order to have all colors represented in the primary logo? Especially with all the light blue you use in the uniforms.... Which by the way look great.

kcprimary.png

Orioles: That cap is best left in the past. Is NOT an improvement. And on your black alt, the O's cap is the worst in baseball.

Reds: Mr. Red Legs>Running Man. Ditching the road cap was a positive, but leaving the triple piping when it's single on the home and alt is a problem that needs fixing.

Royals: Kansas City should stay on the roads. The light blue alt jersey looks pretty good, though I'm not sold on an all powder blue alt. And I can't tell if there is a light blue drop shadow on the caps or not, but if there is, it's a downgrade. The only powder blue for them should be the alt. If you're gonna add a color to their primary sets, it would be gold. Leave royal blue and light blue combo for the Blue Jays.

O's: It's just my preference and I am in the minority...the full bird logo (particularly the early 1990s, but also now) is way better than "O's" or happy bird...and I really hope the white-front caps don't ever come back, but given how well such fashion caps are selling, it's coming. Everything else looks great, especially the black alt jersey you added.

Reds: looks great. If I had my way, they'd drop black altogether, but that's never gonna happen. You minimized it nicely and the red alt is nice.

Royals. nice, but I'd rather see "Kansas City" on the road and one of the two alts be royal blue (plus no blue pants).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I have to say, I never knew how detested the white-front bird cap really was.....I see the first-base coach and the catcher wear it every time the Rays play them, so I assumed people wanted that look brought back. That's the only reason I did this because, I'll be honest, in my opinion, the Orioles set is nearly perfect as is.

As for the Reds....I'm not crazy about Mr. Redlegs, but those uniforms are amongst the best in Baseball today, and as long as they keep the Reds patch on the roads, they need to keep the Redlegs patch on the homes. As far as the striping goes, if they just used the one red stripe instead of the red-white-red striping, it would look too lacking, IMHO. And the roads don't have to utilize piping because of the script.

As far as the Royals, well, it's my dream.....the best of both worlds. I'll also say this, I've seen alot of people complain since the Padres ditched the Sand unis about how every damn team wears grey on the road. Well, this would end that, with the blue being the main road, and the grey being the alternate road (especially for games against Tampa on Sundays) It's derives from the past, yet it's still unique.

So basically what all of you are telling him is don't make any changes to the uniforms? I actually like the changes you've made. I've always been a fan of the cartoon bird caps, so I'm glad you brought those back. I don't really have a preference on which Reds guy you use. And I really like what you did with the Royals. I would use the powder blue drop shadow on the logo...I think it looks really sharp. I also like that you ditched the powder blue hat. It's really too much powder blue. And I like the all powder road alt. I think that would work great, as long they only wear it every once in a while. And as the others said, I would put Kansas City on the road jersey for consistency.

Can't wait to see some more of these!

Archived