Question about Cowboys wearing dark (blue) jerseys

DuckFats

I remember they wore their blue throwbacks against the Chiefs in 2009 because it was in KC and the Chiefs still wore their red throwbacks. I kinda wish games like these happened more often.

capt-6a5437d09401446daa79c278041dd3f2-cowboys_chiefs_football_mocr115.jpg?w=400&h=407

I was surprised as hell to see that the NFL let this happen. You only see color-on-color once in a blue moon, seems like.

Anyways, I'm enjoying this thread. Fascinating topic, I wish I could contribute but it's nice to see so many pictures come out of the woodwork.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanksgiving 2010 vs. the Saints

. .

That was one of the BEST Thanksgiving games in ages!!

To me that's one of my favorite NFL throwback sets

One of the best for YOU maybe. I was sick as a dog when Roy didn't just get down as soon as he caught it. It wouldn't have done much, but 7-9 is better than 6-10.... and yes, I LOVE those sets.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Thanksgiving 2010 vs. the Saints

. .

That was one of the BEST Thanksgiving games in ages!!

To me that's one of my favorite NFL throwback sets

One of the best for YOU maybe. I was sick as a dog when Roy didn't just get down as soon as he caught it. It wouldn't have done much, but 7-9 is better than 6-10.... and yes, I LOVE those sets.

:evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaAU9DoUcAw

I was sick as a dog when Roy didn't just get down as soon as he caught it. It wouldn't have done much, but 7-9 is better than 6-10.... and yes, I LOVE those sets.

And this surprises you coming from a player who has a mentality to propose marriage and send an $80K wedding ring thru the US Postal Service? smackhead.gif

You have to to remember that Dallas wore blue at home from 1960 to 1963, which means they did wear blue against teams like Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago and Pittsburgh. They also wore blue at Pittsburgh in 1967:

kgrhqjk4e3gue9ysbnewefy.jpg

kgrhqnise3qvmlk8bboeugq.jpg

AFAIK, the only teams they've never worn blue against are the Packers, Ravens, Indy Colts, Titans, and Seahawks.

Super bowl v dude

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

You have to to remember that Dallas wore blue at home from 1960 to 1963, which means they did wear blue against teams like Minnesota, Detroit, Chicago and Pittsburgh. They also wore blue at Pittsburgh in 1967:

kgrhqjk4e3gue9ysbnewefy.jpg

kgrhqnise3qvmlk8bboeugq.jpg

AFAIK, the only teams they've never worn blue against are the Packers, Ravens, Indy Colts, Titans, and Seahawks.

Super bowl v dude

I know that, which is why I said Indy Colts.

I don't think the throwback counts. As it isn't so dark. If we're doing this as teams that the Cowboys haven't worn their road blue against, these are the teams.

Seattle, Oakland, and Kansas City who strictly wear their colors at home.

Every NFC North team.

Tennessee since they became the Titans.

Cincinnati. The Bengals wore white at home for early season games from the early 1980s to the mid 80s. The time when the Cowboys blue jersey had a chance to apear against the Bengals, the game was cancelled. This was the shortened 1982 season.

They wore blue against the Colts in SB V. The Colts franchises in Baltimore and Indianapolis are the same franchise, not different ones like the Browns/Ravens.

How are we doing this? If we are talking games that include home games or whenever they wore the throwbacks, everything pretty much gets eliminated.

Now if we are going on when the Cowboys wore their blue at the hosting teams place, that will have some stuff remaining.

What :censored:ing difference does it make if it was an exhibition game, a regular season game, a home game, an away game or the :censored:ing Super Bowl? Why are you needlessly complicating things? I asked a very simple question, against what teams have the Cowboys never worn their dark/blue jerseys? Who :censored:ing cares WHERE the :censored:ing game was played? What :censored:ing difference does that make? Are you saying it somehow doesn't count if the Cowboys wore their dark/blue unis on the road?

Please.

Just go away.

How are we doing this? If we are talking games that include home games or whenever they wore the throwbacks, everything pretty much gets eliminated.

Now if we are going on when the Cowboys wore their blue at the hosting teams place, that will have some stuff remaining.

What :censored:ing difference does it make if it was an exhibition game, a regular season game, a home game, an away game or the :censored:ing Super Bowl? Why are you needlessly complicating things? I asked a very simple question, against what teams have the Cowboys never worn their dark/blue jerseys? Who :censored:ing cares WHERE the :censored:ing game was played? What :censored:ing difference does that make? Are you saying it somehow doesn't count if the Cowboys wore their dark/blue unis on the road?

Please.

Just go away.

What the hell is wrong with you? Calm down.

Please.

Just go away.

WOW! He was asking a :censored:ing question to make your retarded topic better. You proved that you are an incompetant :censored:, get over yourself or you won't last long around here you :censored:ing moron.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Against which,if any, NFL teams have the Cowboys never worn their blue jerseys?

Far as I can recall the Cowboys have worn the various incarnations of the blue jerseys against the following teams:

Redskins

Giants

Eagles

Buccaneers

Panthers

Saints

Rams

Cardinals

Dolphins*

Browns

Texans

Colts

Jaguars*

*Not sure about these two but the Dolphins have tended to wear white at home.

Seems like a very short list I know, but the Cowboys have that tradition of wearing white at home and on the road, so is that list right or have I missed some teams and if so, which ones?

Peace out to the freaks!!!!!!!!!!

I wish they would wear them at all their home games. I hate the Cowboys, but this is a great look:

cowboys.jpg

spacer.png

I too would like to see Dallas in their navy jersey set more often, but not at the expense of their throwback which is damn sharp. At least keep wearing the throwback for home games on Thanksgiving.

Perhaps a good question could of also been 'when were the Cowboys forced to wear their blue jerseys from the time of the merger in 1970 through 1981', which was the last year before improving them ??

When they changed the blue jersey set in the early 80s, I remember Tex Schramm being interviewed about it and he said it wasn't necessarily because of superstition that they liked wearing the whites, but that they never liked the look of their blue jersey set. Perhaps they only had one set of pants in their set back then?

The Cowboys wanted to have a blue jersey set that looked good because the trend was growing around the NFL where home teams would choose to wear their white away uni's just to force Dallas into their blue set.

Back then before they improved them in '82 and from the time of the merger in 1970, the only teams that I remember uncharacteristically wearing white at home to force them into wearing their old blue set were the St L Cards, Phil Eagles, and I'm pretty sure the ATL Falcons (playoff game) did that too. Also the 1970 LA Rams, but they wore white at home anyway under George Allen, and most-likely in inter-conference at the Dolphins too, because the Bills played in their home blues many a times at the Orange Bowl. If it happened in 70s inter-conference when they played at the Oilers or Browns, I don't recall it.

Joe Gibbs didn't come to the Redskins until the season the Cowboys improved their navy blue uniform set. He's the one who started the Redskins on the white at home trend, I don't believe it was George Allen. And as we all know, the Cowboys had to wear the blue set against the Colts at Super Bowl V because that was before the rule change that gave the home team the right to choose.

Tex was right, the look was all wrong. Blame it on those pants. Their jersey color wasn't all that bad, yet pretty much the same color as the '65-'71 LA Rams blue jerseys which George Allen resisted wearing.

09000d5d803e6c67_gallery_600.jpg

4375008.jpg

I hate the Cowboys blue jersey. They usually loose when they wear them. What really bothers me though is that the white and blue jersey do not have the same design with different colors. The whit is an old design while the blue is a 90's design.

Dallasbrink.png

Archived