No Alternate Jersey for Stars in 2011-12

Austin810

What's up with this? I was really looking forward to seeing it! Thoughts?

No one's sure who owns the team. So they're putting any alternate sweater plans on hold until they have a stable ownership situation.

Those sleeve stripes were awesome.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Damn, I was really looking forward to a green Stars jersey, to liven up their boring set, and because green is their primary color, and as such should be featured as the primary color of at least one uniform in their set.

RS-1.png?t=1312302854Bruins.png?t=1312302924Pats3.png?t=1312302963Cel.png?t=1312303005

So how are those jerseys different than these:

oilers_white_big.jpg

the oilers jerseys that everyone hated! They both have the same arm stripes right?

Those stars jerseys belong in the 90s. Couldn't stand them or the "star" striped one they went to after that

oilers_white_big.jpg

the oilers jerseys that everyone hated! They both have the same arm stripes right?

Those stars jerseys belong in the 90s. Couldn't stand them or the "star" striped one they went to after that

Because the Stars' uniforms had numbers where the stripes ended instead of an empty space.

The Stars uniform in that design was better with the wider sleeve stripes (debuting in their second season in Dallas, 1994-95.

oilers_white_big.jpg

Because the Stars' uniforms had numbers where the stripes ended instead of an empty space.

The Stars uniform in that design was better with the wider sleeve stripes (debuting in their second season in Dallas, 1994-95.

Exactly, putting those numbers there gives a reason for interrupting the stripes. I thought for sure that's what the Oilers were doing when it was first unveiled, but they somehow missed that concept.

It looks best with the thicker stripes and the white-on-black-on-green numbers, especially for a two-digit number.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

oilers_white_big.jpg

They don't look like :cursing: with that ridiculously annoying piping. They feel like a jersey when you wear it. They dont tear if you fall on the ice, ground, etc (or get attracted to any kind of carpeting/ upholstery.)

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

The sleeve stripes on that Stars jersey are interrupted only because they contain the number in the blank space. On the Oilers jerseys the numbers appear well above the sleeve stripes meaning they just end for no reason.

Archived