2011 NFL Uni combo thread

canzman

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Raiders are in their normal home uniforms and the Pats are in their normal away unis

Oh, good. I was worried that the Raiders might wear their alternate.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Raiders don't have an alternate uniform.

Perhaps he's thinking the NFL is celebrating AFL-52 ^_^

Oh .... let's not forget that PINK returns this Sunday for the next 5 weeks ... I saw Rex wearing his green & pink J-E-T-S cap on TV.

The Cardinals are wearing their black jerseys on October 2 against the Giants.

http://blog.azcardinals.com/2011/09/26/black-is-back-sunday/

The Patriots are wearing their throwbacks on October 9 against the Jets.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/09/27/patriots-will-wear-throwbacks-on-oct-9-vs-the-jets/

Interesting note in the AZ Cardinals blog...

The rules for the third alternate jerseys were altered this season. No longer can they be worn in preseason, and they have to be worn (a max of twice) before the flexible scheduling begins in mid-November

This would validate at least part of the proposed rule that Lucas posted this summer, the only change being that teams can wear alternates twice, not once as proposed. Also, this doesn't make sense with the Tampa Bay's plan to wear their throwbacks the first weekend in December, but perhaps the league is allowing an exception since that had been planned prior to the rule being proposed.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

The Raiders don't have an alternate uniform.

Whoosh. ^_^

The sarcasm meter on this board is broken. :P

Good to see the Patriots are bringing back their throwbacks, though. I'd prefer to see them make a red version of their current home jersey (seriously seems like they're willing to do anything but do that, though. :(), but I won't be complaining when they go out in those uniforms.

Good to see the Patriots are bringing back their throwbacks, though. I'd prefer to see them make a red version of their current home jersey (seriously seems like they're willing to do anything but do that, though. :(), but I won't be complaining when they go out in those uniforms.

>>>

True Patriots didn't wear red ..... the British did .... the Bledsoe-era uniform change corrected that issue, it wouldn't make sense to switch the Elvis set to red.

I think the '63 throwbacks look alot better than the 80's that they've gone to as their throwbacks. I've said many times I wouldn't mind if they had chosen their initial 1960 set with the revolutionary-era hat which even most older AFL fans had never seen them play in before.

I had always wondered how the Pat Patriot logo helmet would have looked with blue jersey and red trim.

popup.jpg

09000d5d81c673ae_gallery_600.jpg

That 80s set is so clean. I think I like it a ton because the striping is just so consistent, and the white facemask just completes the helmet better.

So much better than the mid-60s set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Regular Season Week 5 (Part2)

Jets @ Patriots

nep_10_home-tb-1.jpg

Pats wearing black shoes with the 80s uni?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

>>>

True Patriots didn't wear red ..... the British did .... the Bledsoe-era uniform change corrected that issue, it wouldn't make sense to switch the Elvis set to red.

I think the '63 throwbacks look alot better than the 80's that they've gone to as their throwbacks. I've said many times I wouldn't mind if they had chosen their initial 1960 set with the revolutionary-era hat which even most older AFL fans had never seen them play in before.

#1: I'm well aware of what the British wore (O NOEZ THE REDCOATS) during the Revolutionary War of mid 1770s-early 1780s, but that does not sway my opinion in one bit when it comes to a potential alt jersey for the New England Patriots in the year 2011. There's no doubt in my mind that this:

e17ywh.jpg

would be MILES ahead of this:

30j7hna.jpg

#2: I agree with the 60s alts w/ the hat being superior than the Pat Patriot unis, mainly because Pat Patriot is a hot mess.

Archived