Your Idea of a Mega-Conference

YessSir32

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Something Interesting. Why not 8 conferences throughout the FBS? North, South, East, West, North Atlantic, Southeast, Central, Southwest. There will be 15 teams per conference, except for the Southwestern with 13 and Central conference with 12 teams. Every team within a state will play each other once, this does not apply to teams with no other teams within their state. That rule also will not apply for Texas, as each Texas team will not have played 5 of the teams from their state.Then play an amount of other teams from their conference that adds up to 8 games. Then the teams will play 4 out of conference games. There will be 32 regular bowl games. Plus, the 5 BCS games. Every conference is guranteed atleast 2 teams in a bowl. The number 1 and 2 ranked teams, will play eachother for the national champioship.

North: Minnesota, C.Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Toledo, Notre Dame, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Ohio State, Ohio, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Akron, Buffalo

South: All 10 teams in Texas, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, UL Lafeyette, and UL Monore.

East: All 5 Florida Teams, all 4 Alabama teams, all 3 Mississippi teams, Georgia Tech,Georgia, and Wake Forest.

West: All 7 California teams, Oregon State, Oregon, Washington, Washington State, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State, Hawaii.

Southeast: LSU, Tulane, Arkansas, Arkansas State, all 4 Tennessee teams, Missouri, Clemson, South Carolina, ECU, Duke, UNC.

North Atlantic: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, NC State, Cinncinati, Marshall, Navy, West Virginia, Kentucky, Louisville, Miami(OH).

Central: Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois, Eastern Michigan, Purdue, Indiana, North Western, Bowling Green, Ball State, Kent State, Kansas, Kansas State.

Southwestern: Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Utah State, BYU, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado, Colorado State.

Here's my album of 1 of the conferences so far.

Realignment

The West would dominate.

Beg to differ its just the pac 10 with boise state and the rest are 8 win football teams AT BEST besides after they played each theyd be to beat up to win other teams well

WesternConf.png

NorthernConf.png

EasternConf.png

SouthernConf.png

So the way I see it for the National Championship

Western would play Northern

Southern would play Eastern

Winner of Western/Northern would play Southern/Eastern

Winner of that game would be NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

And the next year rotate.

EX: Western vs. Southern...Northern vs. Eastern

Winner of Western/Southern vs. Winner of Northern/Eastern

Winner is National Champion

And rotate once more the following year.

EX: Western vs. Eastern...Northern vs. Southern

Winner of Western/Eastern vs. Winner of Northern/Southern

The next year rotate back to the original matchup and keep it on that rotation.

I'll do the lower tier later...i'm drained

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

WesternConf.png

NorthernConf.png

EasternConf.png

SouthernConf.png

Ummm.... What about the other 64 teams in the country?

edit: Oops didn't read the bottom.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

WesternConf.png

NorthernConf.png

EasternConf.png

SouthernConf.png

Ummm.... What about the other 64 teams in the country?

edit: Oops didn't read the bottom.

Georgia Tech would lose every game.

zqsjk.png

dyu9sx.png

"Why would anybody ever eat anything besides breakfast food?"-Leslie Knope (Amy Poehler), Parks and Recreation

OK, just completed all of the teams!

As expected the Big 12 folds. Also, the Big East unexpectedly disappears. The rest of the conferences pan out like so: (links in conference names)

Big Ten - As soon as the Big East becomes no more, the B1G brings in Pitt quickly. They bring in Kansas because of their strong basketball program and Missouri follows. After the new teams join, Notre Dame finally agrees to make the move.

SEC - When the Big 12 starts to crumble, the SEC is quick to grab Texas A&M and Baylor. Clemson and Florida State follow from the ACC.

PAC-16 - The PAC-12 would soon also feed off of the fallen Big 12 as they expand east and grab Texas Tech and Kansas State. The new conference is called PAC-16.

ACC - Once Florida State and Clemson leave for the SEC, the ACC takes Connecticut and West Virgina. Later on they eat up most of the Big East taking South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati. This leaves the Big East left in the dark.

Mountain West - Boise and TCU are unable to find a willing conference since they have weak basketball programs. The Mountain West wants to merge with the WAC. That gets turned down, but the WAC programs like the idea. They all join except for Louisiana Tech. UTEP joins as well. The WAC folds.

MAC - Not much going on here. They only extend an offer to Marshall and they accept.

C-USA - With Marshall and UTEP gone, the C-USA is looking for new members. With their conferences gone, Iowa State and Louisville are left in the dust. No one comes knocking, so they join the C-USA.

Sun Belt - With the WAC gone, the Sun Belt Conference nabs Louisiana Tech.

Texas decides to go independent joining Army, Navy and BYU.

I'll post scheduling and BSC stuff later.

Tell me what you think! This took a while.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

OK, just completed all of the teams!

As expected the Big 12 folds. Also, the Big East unexpectedly disappears. The rest of the conferences pan out like so: (links in conference names)

Big Ten - As soon as the Big East becomes no more, the B1G brings in Pitt quickly. They bring in Kansas because of their strong basketball program and Missouri follows. After the new teams join, Notre Dame finally agrees to make the move.

SEC - When the Big 12 starts to crumble, the SEC is quick to grab Texas A&M and Baylor. Clemson and Florida State follow from the ACC.

PAC-16 - The PAC-12 would soon also feed off of the fallen Big 12 as they expand east and grab Texas Tech and Kansas State. The new conference is called PAC-16.

ACC - Once Florida State and Clemson leave for the SEC, the ACC takes Connecticut and West Virgina. Later on they eat up most of the Big East taking South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati. This leaves the Big East left in the dark.

Mountain West - Boise and TCU are unable to find a willing conference since they have weak basketball programs. The Mountain West wants to merge with the WAC. That gets turned down, but the WAC programs like the idea. They all join except for Louisiana Tech. UTEP joins as well. The WAC folds.

MAC - Not much going on here. They only extend an offer to Marshall and they accept.

C-USA - With Marshall and UTEP gone, the C-USA is looking for new members. With their conferences gone, Iowa State and Louisville are left in the dust. No one comes knocking, so they joing the C-USA.

Sun Belt - With the WAC gone, the Sun Belt Conference nabs North Texas.

Texas decides to go independent joining Army, Navy and BYU.

I'll post scheduling and BSC stuff later.

Tell me what you think! This took a while.

Wow, I really like this idea. Seems like a very realistic future for the FBS. But the Sun Belt already has North Texas, do you mean Louisiana Tech?

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

This is my version of what the actual FBS confrences should look like. There are some new confrences and 3 old ones. The Pac-12; SEC, and ACC are the only confrences to keep their exsistence. In total there are 12 FBS confrences and NO independents. I based this little version on geographical regions and make way for a future tournament for the National Title. #DEATHTOBCS Sorry, I dont have logos to show and a post-season format. Please feel free to comment and give CC. :

ACC: VIRGINIA TECH VIRGINIA MARYLAND NAVY NORTH CAROLINA DUKE NC STATE WAKE FOREST EAST CAROLINA

PAC-12: NORTH: WASHINGTON WASHINGTON ST. OREGON OREGON ST. CAL FRESNO ST.

SOUTH: USC UCLA STANFORD HAWAI'I SAN DIEGO ST. SAN JOSE ST.

SEC: LSU ALABAMA GEORGIA TENNESSEE OLE MISS AUBURN MISS. ST. VANDERBILT TROY MIDDLE TENN ST. LOUISIANA TECH

NORTHERN LAKES CONFRENCE: OHIO ST. MICHIGAN MICHIGAN ST. NEBRASKA WISCONSIN NOTRE DAME IOWA ILLINOIS INDIANA CINCY N'WESTRN PURDUE

SUNRISE LEAGUE: FLORIDA FLORIDA ST. MIAMI FIU FAU CLEMSON S.CAROLINA USF UCF GEORGIA TECH

THE ALLEY CONFRENCE: OKLAHOMA TEXAS TCU OKLAHOMA ST. TEXAS A&M TULSA SMU TEXAS TECH

HEARTLAND CONFRENCE: KANSAS KANSAS ST. MISSOURI KENTUCKY LOUISVILLE IOWA ST. MEMPHIS W.KENTUCKY BOWLING GREEN

FREEDOM FOOTBALL CONFRENCE: PENN ST. PITT W.VIRGINIA SYRACUSE ARMY TEMPLE BOSTON COLLEGE RUTGERS MARSHALL BUFFALO

PLATEAU CONFRENCE: BYU UTAH UTAH ST. BOISE ST. IDAHO COLORADO COLORADO ST. WYOMING MINNESOTA AIR FORCE

DESERT FOOTBALL CONFRENCE: ARIZONA ARIZONA ST. NEVADA UNLV BAYLOR UTEP NEW MEXICO NEW MEXICO ST.

GULF UNION CONFRENCE: ARKANSAS ARKANSAS ST. UAB HOUSTON RICE TULANE SO.MISS UL-MONROE UL-LAFAYETTE

NEW MID AMERICAN CONFRENCE: OHIO TOLEDO MIAMI U. BALL ST. KENT ST. N.ILLINOIS E.MICHIGAN C.MICHIGAN W.MICHIGAN

(NMAC)

GrizzlyBlack Designs, UDC Firebird

@YessSir32

The one major problem would be that the SEC would grab Louisville WAAAAAYYY before they brag Baylor. Baylor is a small religious institution, and Louisville is a major research university.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Here is my idea for a 32-team super conference in the new NCAA. These teams will play for the national title every year.

Don't worry Baylor, Louisville and Oregon State! You can still win the FBS Championship!

mega.png

Oh yeah, F*** Notre Dame, too. They can keep their independence and remain irrelevant.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Here's what I think'll happen... in chronological order.

-Texas A&M joins the SEC as the 13th team, they're followed by Missouri making 14.

-The B1G follows by extending invitations to Rutgers and Maryland to take them to 14.

-Then, the SEC comes back and snatches up Florida State and Clemson to give them 16 schools.

-The Pac-12 becomes the Pac-16, snatching up Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, and Baylor.

-Since nobody wants Texas and the Longhorn Network, they join Notre Dame and BYU as the "prestigious independents"

-After an unsuccessful pursuit of Notre Dame, the Big Ten adds Boston College and Pittsburgh to the fold.

-A decimated ACC (2 teams raided by the B1G and 2 by the SEC) merges together with the 7 football playing schools remaining in the Big East.

-This new conference brings Villanova up from the FCS level.

-Iowa State, Kansas, and Kansas State join with Alabama-Birmingham, Houston, Memphis, Rice, Texas-El Paso to form a "new-SWC".

-The Mountain West holds where they will be at, and the WAC adds Texas-San Antonio and Texas State. C-USA goes down to 7 teams, so they add Troy. The Sun Belt loses Troy but adds South Alabama and the MAC is unaffected.

Soo...

ATLANTIC COAST CONFERENCE

Duke

Georgia Tech

Miami (FL)

North Carolina

North Carolina State

Virginia

Virginia Tech

Wake Forest

------------------

Cincinnati

Connecticut

Louisville

South Florida

Syracuse

Texas Christian

Villanova

West Virginia

BIG TEN CONFERENCE

Illinois

Indiana

Iowa

Minnesota

Nebraska

Northwestern

Purdue

Wisconsin

------------------

Boston College

Maryland

Michigan

Michigan State

Ohio State

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Rutgers

PACIFIC 16 CONFERENCE

Arizona

Arizona State

Baylor

Colorado

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas Tech

------------------

California

California-Los Angeles

Oregon

Oregon State

Southern California

Stanford

Washington

Washington State

SOUTHEASTERN CONFERENCE

Alabama

Arkansas

Auburn

Louisiana State

Mississippi

Mississippi State

Missouri

Texas A&M

------------------

Clemson

Florida

Florida State

Georgia

Kentucky

South Carolina

Tennessee

Vanderbilt

6fQjS3M.png

The Pac-12 doesn't want to add religious schools to their conference.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

If any sport in North America could use and needed a promotion/relegation system, it's college football.

Someone mentioned earlier that there is 120 D-1 teams, plus 4 coming. Let's divide that into 3 groups (40, 40 and 44+ for argument's sake), sorted by school size, historical football prowess and current poll ranking.

Split the 'Top 40' into four divisions of ten, with the top two in each qualifying for the BCS playoff. Each team plays one game against each other divisional team, and three other games against school rivals.

The bottom four teams in each division also play in a tournament, with the two worst each getting a demotion.

Same division alignments for the 'Next 40', but instead of playing in BCS Bowls, they play to get promoted to the upper echelon of football, or try to avoid being sent to the third division. Each year, 8 teams will move up and 8 will move down, creating a good flow of teams and allowing new rivalries to form and not preventing any good teams from becoming BCS champions eventually.

The third division would work like the 'Next 40', with teams playing to move up to the 'Next 40'.

New applicants to D-1 football would have to start play in the third division and work their way up to the top, and teams that are consistently bad on the field or detrimental to the league could be booted out and replaced. Also, teams could be sanctioned by being demoted to the third division, requiring them to earn their way back to respectability.

I don't really know which teams would be worth being placed where to start with, but maybe someone else could figure that out?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived