Your Idea of a Mega-Conference

YessSir32

Because I'm bored outta my mind (and it's torrential downpour outside) I decided to name all of my bowl games for my re-alignment idea. BCS Bowls are listed in order by date (once a day from 1/1 to 1/8). The non-BCS bowls are three a day from 12/23 to 12/31 (no games on 12/25), but the dates for individual bowls vary from year to year.

BCS Bowls

Rose Bowl presented by Citi - Pasadena, CA

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl - Glendale, AZ

New Era Empire Bowl - Yankee Stadium in Bronx, NY

AT&T Cotton Bowl - Dallas, TX

Discover Orange Bowl - Miami, FL

Volkswaggen International Bowl - Toronto, Canada

Allstate Sugar Bowl - New Orleans, LA

BCS National Championship - varies location year by year in any stadium not occupied by a BCS Bowl

Non-BCS Bowls

Valero Alamo Bowl - San Antonio, TX

Kraft American Bowl - Washington, DC

Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl - Baltimore, MD (I thought Baltimore was a better location than Fort Worth)

R+L Carriers Bayou Bowl - New Orleans, LA

Capital One Bowl - Orlando, FL

Emerald Bowl - San Francisco, CA

Gatorade Gator Bowl - Jacksonville, FL

Applebees Gulf of Mexico Bowl - Tallahassee, FL

Sheraton Hawai'i Bowl - Honululu, HI

Expedia Holiday Bowl - San Diego, CA

U-Drove Humanitarian Bowl - Boise, ID

Advocare 100 Independence Bowl - Shreveport, LA

Ford Industrial Bowl - Detroit, MI

MAACO Las Vegas Bowl - Las Vegas, NV

Pepsi Meadowlands Bowl - East Rutherford, NJ

Golden Corral Music City Bowl - Nashville, TN (maybe a different sponsor?)

Honda New Mexico Bowl - Albequerque, NM (maybe no sponsor at all)

Outback Bowl - Tampa, FL

Gillette Patriot Bowl - Foxboro, MA

Chick-Fil-A Peachtree Bowl - Atlanta, GA

Nike Pro Combat Bowl - Seattle, WA (honestly when I mad this I had an idea Nike takes over the FBS...if I change sponsors I change name of bowl)

Playstation South Beach Bowl - Miami, FL

Hyundai Sun Bowl - El Paso, TX

Head & Shoulders Wrigley Bowl - Chicago, IL (maybe try to configure the field so no one runs into an outfield wall?)

When I have an idea, I become obsessed with it. Case in point.

MK8_Iggy.pngMK8_Lemmy.pngMK8_Ludwig.pngMK8_Morton.png

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, just completed all of the teams!

As expected the Big 12 folds. Also, the Big East unexpectedly disappears. The rest of the conferences pan out like so: (links in conference names)

Big Ten - As soon as the Big East becomes no more, the B1G brings in Pitt quickly. They bring in Kansas because of their strong basketball program and Missouri follows. After the new teams join, Notre Dame finally agrees to make the move.

SEC - When the Big 12 starts to crumble, the SEC is quick to grab Texas A&M and Baylor. Clemson and Florida State follow from the ACC.

PAC-16 - The PAC-12 would soon also feed off of the fallen Big 12 as they expand east and grab Texas Tech and Kansas State. The new conference is called PAC-16.

ACC - Once Florida State and Clemson leave for the SEC, the ACC takes Connecticut and West Virgina. Later on they eat up most of the Big East taking South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati. This leaves the Big East left in the dark.

Mountain West - Boise and TCU are unable to find a willing conference since they have weak basketball programs. The Mountain West wants to merge with the WAC. That gets turned down, but the WAC programs like the idea. They all join except for Louisiana Tech. UTEP joins as well. The WAC folds.

MAC - Not much going on here. They only extend an offer to Marshall and they accept.

C-USA - With Marshall and UTEP gone, the C-USA is looking for new members. With their conferences gone, Iowa State and Louisville are left in the dust. No one comes knocking, so they join the C-USA.

Sun Belt - With the WAC gone, the Sun Belt Conference nabs Louisiana Tech.

Texas decides to go independent joining Army, Navy and BYU.

I'll post scheduling and BSC stuff later.

Tell me what you think! This took a while.

So now for the scheduling.

For the 16 team conferences, the given team will play all other 7 divisional opponents. They only get one protected rivalry from the other conference.

14 team conferences are the same, but they have two protected rivalries because there obviously isn't 8 team divisions. So you can guess how 10 team conferences work. *All teams play 4 non-conference games.

The independents will all play each other once and you'll know why later.

Now, I've decided to go with a tournament instead of bowls. I'm going with a 32 team bracket. The conferences are all guaranteed a certain amount of tourney spots.

B1G gets 4 tourney spots

SEC gets 4 tourney spots

PAC 16 gets 4 tourney spots

ACC gets 4 tourney spots

MWC gets 3 tourney spots

C-USA gets 3 tourney pots

MAC gets 2 tourney spots

SBC gets 2 tourney spots

The top 2 Independents also get tourney spots.

This leaves for spots, the 5th and 6th place teams from the B1G, PAC, ACC and SEC conferences will have a play-in for those final four spots. Bracket pics up in a few so you can have a visual. Whatcha think?

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

As expected the Big 12 folds. Also, the Big East unexpectedly disappears. The rest of the conferences pan out like so: (links in conference names)

Big Ten - As soon as the Big East becomes no more, the B1G brings in Pitt quickly. They bring in Kansas because of their strong basketball program and Missouri follows. After the new teams join, Notre Dame finally agrees to make the move.

SEC - When the Big 12 starts to crumble, the SEC is quick to grab Texas A&M and Baylor. Clemson and Florida State follow from the ACC.

PAC-16 - The PAC-12 would soon also feed off of the fallen Big 12 as they expand east and grab Texas Tech and Kansas State. The new conference is called PAC-16.

ACC - Once Florida State and Clemson leave for the SEC, the ACC takes Connecticut and West Virgina. Later on they eat up most of the Big East taking South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati. This leaves the Big East left in the dark.

Mountain West - Boise and TCU are unable to find a willing conference since they have weak basketball programs. The Mountain West wants to merge with the WAC. That gets turned down, but the WAC programs like the idea. They all join except for Louisiana Tech. UTEP joins as well. The WAC folds.

MAC - Not much going on here. They only extend an offer to Marshall and they accept.

C-USA - With Marshall and UTEP gone, the C-USA is looking for new members. With their conferences gone, Iowa State and Louisville are left in the dust. No one comes knocking, so they join the C-USA.

Sun Belt - With the WAC gone, the Sun Belt Conference nabs Louisiana Tech.

I'll post scheduling and BSC stuff later.

Tell me what you think! This took a while.

For the 16 team conferences, the given team will play all other 7 divisional opponents. They only get one protected rivalry from the other conference.

14 team conferences are the same, but they have two protected rivalries because there obviously isn't 8 team divisions. So you can guess how 10 team conferences work. *All teams play 4 non-conference games.

Now, I've decided to go with a tournament instead of bowls. I'm going with a 32 team bracket. The conferences are all guaranteed a certain amount of tourney spots.

B1G gets 4 tourney spots

SEC gets 4 tourney spots

ACC gets 4 tourney spots

MWC gets 3 tourney spots

MAC gets 2 tourney spots

SBC gets 2 tourney spots

This leaves for spots, the 5th place teams from each of the eight conferences will have a play-in for those final four spots. Bracket pics up in a few so you can have a visual. Whatcha think?

I really like the schedule structure and the playoff format, but IMO, the top team in each conference qualifies, followed by the top 23 non-conference winners. I'm looking at the SEC, and even if the 5th place team from there (say for arguments sake, LSU, Alabama, Texas A&M, and Florida State auto-qualify, and South Carolina gets a play in), there is still (again, IMO) two or three teams being snubbed from the championship picture. I wouldn't really expect two teams from the MAC worthy of qualifying for a championship tourney, but I could easily see five or six from your SEC.

@YessSir32

The one major problem would be that the SEC would grab Louisville WAAAAAYYY before they brag Baylor. Baylor is a small religious institution, and Louisville is a major research university.

Never thought I'd say this, but I agree with speenenator happy.gif There's no way Louisville would go back to the C-USA. They would end up in the SEC or ACC.

Oh yeah, F*** Notre Dame, too. They can keep their independence and remain irrelevant.

I know I go there, so I'm a little biased, but that would never happen. We have a special BCS tie-in for cripes sake.

And you say remain irrelevant...we haven't done anything the last 15+ years and we're still relevant and the topic of much conversation.

@DPV, I understand. I plan on keep it the same, but I'm going to change the play-ins. The B1G, PAC, ACC and SEC all have two teams going into play-ins. The other 4 conferences only get the automatic qualifiers.

@DPV, I understand. I plan on keep it the same, but I'm going to change the play-ins. The B1G, PAC, ACC and SEC all have two teams going into play-ins. The other 4 conferences only get the automatic qualifiers.

That would make a lot more sense. Perfect, the conferences make sense, the scheduling and playoffs work out, great job YessSir.

Big Ten - As soon as the Big East becomes no more, the B1G brings in Pitt quickly. They bring in Kansas because of their strong basketball program and Missouri follows. After the new teams join, Notre Dame finally agrees to make the move. The conference championship game is in Detroit, MI

SEC - When the Big 12 starts to crumble, the SEC is quick to grab Texas A&M and Baylor. Clemson and Florida State follow from the ACC. Championship game in Atlanta, GA

PAC-16 - The PAC-12 would soon also feed off of the fallen Big 12 as they expand east and grab Texas Tech and Kansas State. Oklahoma and Oklahoma State soon follow. The new conference is called PAC-16. Championship game in Los Angeles, CA

ACC - Once Florida State and Clemson leave for the SEC, the ACC takes Connecticut and West Virgina. Later on they eat up most of the Big East taking South Florida, Rutgers, Syracuse, Cincinnati. This leaves the Big East left in the dark. Championship game in New York, NY

Mountain West - Boise and TCU are unable to find a willing conference since they have weak basketball programs. The Mountain West wants to merge with the WAC. That gets turned down, but the WAC programs like the idea. They all join except for Louisiana Tech. UTEP joins as well. The WAC folds. Championship game in Denver, CO.

MAC - Not much going on here. They only extend an offer to Marshall and they accept. Championship game in Cleveland, OH

C-USA - With Marshall and UTEP gone, the C-USA is looking for new members. With their conferences gone, Iowa State and Louisville are left in the dust. No one comes knocking, so they join the C-USA. Championship game in New Orleans, LA

Sun Belt - With the WAC gone, the Sun Belt Conference nabs Louisiana Tech. Championship game in Jacksonville, FL

B1G gets 4 tourney spots

SEC gets 4 tourney spots

ACC gets 4 tourney spots

MWC gets 3 tourney spots

MAC gets 2 tourney spots

SBC gets 2 tourney spots

This leaves for spots, the 5th and 6th place teams from the B1G, PAC, ACC and SEC conferences will have a play-in for those final four spots.

The bracket will be named after the #1 one seeds. The B1G bracket winner will play the ACC bracket winner. The PAC16 bracket winner plays the SEC bracket winner. The national championship location changes yearly.

Combined all of these posts to wrap up this whole thing!

Time to give it my shot.

For my plan, it will be 124 teams. This means that UMass, South Alabama, Texas State and Texas-San Antonio will be members of the FBS here.

First off, the four Independents remain the same: Army, BYU, Notre Dame and Navy. This leaves 120 teams to be divided by 10 12-team conferences.

Atlantic Coast

ACC North: Boston College, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest

ACC South: Duke, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami (Florida), North Carolina State

Big East

Big East North: UConn, UMass, Rutgers, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Temple

Big East South: Cincinnati, Louisville, Marshall, South Florida, TCU, West Virginia

Big Ten

Big Ten Lakes: Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue

Big Ten Plains: Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin

Big 12

Big 12 North: Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Oklahoma State

Big 12 South: Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Conference USA

Conference USA East: Alabama-Birmingham, Central Florida, East Carolina, Memphis, Southern Miss, Tulane

Conference USA West: Louisiana Tech, New Mexico State, Rice, SMU, Tulsa, UTEP

Mid-American

Mid-American East: Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Ohio, Kent State, Toledo

Mid-American West: Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan, Ball State, Miami (Ohio), Northern Illinois, Western Michigan

Mountain West

Mountain West Mountain: Air Force, Boise State, Idaho, New Mexico, Utah State, Wyoming

Mountain West West: Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, San Jose State, San Diego State, UNLV

SEC

SEC East: Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt

SEC West: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State

Pac-12

Pac-12 North: California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford, Washington, Washington State

Pac-12 South: Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, USC, UCLA, Utah

Sun Belt

Sun Belt East: Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Middle Tennessee State, South Alabama, Troy, Western Kentucky

Sun Belt West: Arkansas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, North Texas, Texas State, Texas-San Antonio

Playoff System

-12 Team Playoff

-Conference Champions plus Best Independent program AND Wild Card (Best non-conference champion)

-Seeds are decided by Conference RPI Ranking

1st Round (At Higher Seed)

-#9 at #8

-#12 at #5

-#10 at #7

-#11 at #6

-Quarterfinals (At Higher Seed)

-9/8 Winner at #1

-12/5 Winner at #4

-10/7 Winner at #2

-11/6 Winner at #3

Semifinals (At BCS Sites)

-QF #2 Winner vs. QF #1 Winner

-QF #3 Winner vs. QF #4 Winner

Third Place Game (At BCS Site)

-SF #2 Loser vs. SF #1 Loser

National Championship Game (at BCS Site)

-SF #2 Winner vs. SF #1 Winner

The Semifinal, Third Place and NCG sites rotate every season (For example, this season would have the Orange Bowl as the NCG, the Sugar as the Third Place Game and the Rose and Fiesta as the Semifinals)

Here's Something Interesting. Why not 8 conferences throughout the FBS? North, South, East, West, North Atlantic, Southeast, Central, Southwest. The conferences have a main color. North(green), East(orange), West(black), South(purple), North Atlantic(Blue), Southwest(red), Southeast(gold), Central(Brown). The boundaries are the conference colors. and the split in the conferences are the divisions. There will be 15 teams per conference, except for the Southwestern with 16 and Central conference with 14 teams. Each conference will have 2 divisions, either a south and north, or a west and east. Every team within a state will play each other once, this does not apply to teams with no other teams within their state. That rule also will not apply for Texas, as each Texas team will not have played 5 of the teams from their state.Then teams will play an amount of other teams from their conference that adds up to 8 games. Then the teams will play 4 out of conference games. The 2 division winners from each conference will play for the conference championship. Both teams will automatically make the playoffs, but the game is for higher seed, and bye week. The 1-4 seeds in the country will get 2 bye weeks. The 8 seeds will get 1 bye week and the 9-16 teams will play until they're eliminated. In week 1 of the playoffs the 9-16 teams will play, the 4 teams that advance will paly the 5-8 seeds. The 4 teams that advance will aply the 1-4 seeds, then the 4 advancing teams will be in the semifinals and finally the 2 teams that advance make it to the championship. While all that was happening, 8 other teams from each conference will play in bowl games. The 2nd place team from each conference will play in the BCS bowls. All bowl games will be played on weekdays, while all playoff games will be played on saturdays, except for the natonal championship which is on a monday.

North: Minnesota, C.Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Toledo, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois, Western Michigan, Ohio State, Ohio, Penn State, Pittsburgh, Akron, Buffalo

South: All 10 teams in Texas, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Louisiana Tech, UL Lafeyette, and UL Monore.

East: All 7 Florida Teams, all 4 Alabama teams, Ole Miss, Georgia Tech,Georgia, and Wake Forest.

West: All 7 California teams, Oregon State, Oregon, Washington, Washington State, Nevada, UNLV, Boise State, Hawaii.

Southeast: LSU, Tulane, Arkansas, Arkansas State, all 4 Tennessee teams, Missouri, Clemson, South Carolina, ECU, Duke, UNC, and NC State.

North Atlantic: Virginia, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Boston College, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Cinncinati, Marshall, Navy, West Virginia, Kentucky, Louisville, Army, Miami(OH).

Central: Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois, Notre Dame, Purdue, Indiana, North Western, Bowling Green, Ball State, Kent State, Temple, Kent State, Mississippi State, Southern Miss.

Southwestern: Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Utah State, BYU, Idaho, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Tulsa, Wyoming, Air Force, Colorado, Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State.

That's the finished product.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

BIG (Big Ten.)14 Team.

North: Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Northwestern, Notre Dame.

South: Nebraska, Iowa, Indiana, Purdue, Ohio State, Penn State, Pitt.

Big XII 12 Team

North: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State.

South: Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas Christian, Southern Methodist.

SEC 16 Team

East: Kentucky, Tennessee, Clemson, South Carolina, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Florida, Miami.

West: Vanderbilt, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Florida State.

Big East (Football Only), Since I added Pitt to the BIG (Big Ten.) and TCU to the Big XII; I would add Army, Navy and Marshall, Bring back Temple and bring Villanova up from I-AA, making them a 12 team football conference.

North: UConn, Syracuse, Rutgers, Army, Temple, Villanova

South: West Virginia, Louisville, Cincinnati, Navy, Marshall, South Florida.

I would put in a provision that each team from one division can put on paper one team from other division so they can play every year. (The Big Ten did this when Penn State joined. The Big 8/XII should have done this when The Texas Schools joined. That's what killed The Oklahoma-Nebraska Rivalry.)

I'd also allow traditional rivalries that would be now inter-conference: WVU-Pitt, Oklahoma-Nebraska, etc.

George Ashburn - My Website

yuku-sp-me-roll.gifyuku-jd-shake.gif

Alright, I decided to try my hand at this... don't be too critical, as I'm not huge on NCAA football. Basically, what I did was turn Division I into a two-tiered system where only teams in the top division in any given year have a shot at the BCS.

In the First Tier, there are 4 conferences of 16 teams each, 100% geographical. Each conference has two divisions of 8 teams. Every team will play one game against each divisional opponent, three games against teams from the other division, and two games against non-conference rival teams. This creates a regular season of 12 games.

For the playoffs, each conference's division winners are drawn into a tournament where conference division winners are placed in opposing brackets and then matched randomly for the first round. The randomness is because, in theory, all four conferences may not be equal, and thus team records may not best indicate which team should be ranked where. As placeholders, the conferences are named the Pacific Coast Conference, the Central Conference, the Northeast Conference and the Southeast Conference.

Example of the playoff:

PCC west champ PCC east champ

vs vs

CC north champ NEC west champ

NEC east champ SEC east champ

vs vs

SEC west champ CC south champ

The winners move on, and the losers play in a loser's bracket.

CCn (1-0) PCCe (1-0)

vs vs

NECe (1-0) CCs (1-0)

__________ ___________

PCCw (0-1) NECw (0-1)

vs vs

SECw (0-1) SECe (0-1)

From here, the two 2-0 teams play for the BCS Championship, the

two teams that lost to the 2-0 teams play in the Rose Bowl, the

two teams that beat the other 0-1 teams play in the Cotton Bowl,

and the two 0-2 teams play in the Orange Bowl.

CCn (2-0) NECe (1-1) SECw (1-1) PCCw (0-2)

vs vs vs vs

PCCe (2-0) CCs (1-1) SECe (1-1) NECw (0-2)

__________ __________ __________ __________

Concurrently to these playoffs, there are two other playoff-like

situations occurring.

The first involves the two lowest-ranked teams in each division

of every conference. Each 7th-place team faces the opposing

8th-place team, with the loser being relegated to the Second

Tier of NCAA Division-1 football. Thus, a total of8 teams will

be demoted in any given year, two from each conference.

Also, the 2nd-through-6th-place teams in each division are

eligible for the lesser bowl games, usually requiring a play-in.

Teams that do not qualify are entitled to play in exhibition

games, usually against out-of-conference rivals, and sometimes

against Second Tier schools.

Pacific Coast Conference

West

California Golden Bears

USC Trojans

Stanford Cardinal

UCLA Bruins

Nevada Wolf Pack

UNLV Rebels

Oregon Ducks

Oregon State Beavers

East

Arizona Wildcats

Arkansas Razorbacks

Air Force Falcons

Boise State Broncos

Kansas Jayhawks

Oklahoma Sooners

Oklahoma State Cowboys

Brigham Young Cougars

Central Conference

North

Indiana Hoosiers

Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Purdue Boilermakers

Iowa Hawkeyes

Minnesota Golden Gophers

Missouri Tigers

Nebraska Cornhuskers

Wisconsin Badgers

South

LSU Tigers

Tulane Green Wave

Ole Miss Rebels

Baylor Bears

TCU Horned Frogs

Texas Longhorns

Texas A&M Aggies

Texas Tech Red Raiders

Northeast Conference

West

Michigan Wolverines

Michigan State Spartans

Cincinnati Bearcats

Ohio State Buckeyes

Pittsburgh Panthers

Kentucky Wildcats

Louisville Cardinals

Tennessee Volunteers

East

Connecticut Huskies

Maryland Terrapins

Navy Midshipmen

Boston College Eagles

Army Black Knights

Syracuse Orange

Penn State Nittany Lions

Temple Owls

Southeast Conference

West

Alabama Crimson Tide

Auburn Tigers

Florida Gators

Florida State Seminoles

Miami Hurricanes

South Florida Bulls

Georgia Bulldogs

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

East

Duke Blue Devils

North Carolina Tar Heels

North Carolina State Wolfpack

Virginia Cavaliers

Virginia Tech Hokies

West Virginia Mountaineers

Clemson Tigers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Second Tier

For the Second Tier Division I NCAA teams, the primary objective is

to advance to the First Tier. The regular season is much the same

as the First Tier's, with each team plays one game against each

divisional opponent, three games against teams from the opposite

division, and two games against non-conference rival teams. This

creates a regular season of 12 games.

After the regular season, the top team in each division plays the

winner of a play-in game between the second-place and third-place

teams from the opposing division of its conference. The Winner of

each of these games is entitled to be promoted to the First Tier.

Teams not qualifying for these tournaments may play exhibition

games against rivals, usually non-conference opponents, but

occasionally First Tier teams as well.

Pacific Coast Conference II

West

Fresno State Bulldogs

San Diego State Aztecs

San José State Spartans

Hawaii Warriors

Idaho Vandals

Montana Grizzlies

Washington Huskies

Washington State Cougars

East

Arizona State Sun Devils

Colorado Buffaloes

Colorado State Rams

New Mexico Lobos

New Mexico State Aggies

Utah Utes

Utah State Aggies

Wyoming Cowboys

Central Conference II

East

Arkansas State Red Wolves

Iowa State Cyclones

Kansas State Wildcats

Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks

Louisiana Tech Bulldogs

Mississippi State Bulldogs

Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Tulsa Golden Hurricane

West

Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns

Houston Cougars

North Texas Mean Green

Rice Owls

SMU Mustangs

UTEP Miners

Texas State Bobcats

UTSA Roadrunners

Southeast Conference II

West

UAB Blazers

South Alabama Jaguars

Troy Trojans

Eastern Kentucky Colonels

Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Memphis Tigers

Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders

Vanderbilt Commodores

East

Appalachian State Mountaineers

FIU Golden Panthers

Florida Atlantic Owls

UCF Knights

Georgia Southern Eagles

East Carolina Pirates

Wake Forest Demon Deacons

Marshall Thundering Herd

Northeast Conference II

West

Illinois Fighting Illini

Northern Illinois Huskies

Northwestern Wildcats

Ball State Cardinals

Central Michigan Chippewas

Western Michigan Broncos

Miami RedHawks

Ohio Bobcats

East

UMass Minutemen

Eastern Michigan Eagles

Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Buffalo Bulls

Akron Zips

Bowling Green Falcons

Kent State Golden Flashes

Toledo Rockets

(side note: I needed 64 teams in the Second Tier for everything to mesh, so the teams that got added were ones that are already on their way to being Division I teams, or that have solid programs in Division I-AA.)

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Here are 3 of the conferences so far.

Conferences

Here are my predictions on who would win these divisions and conferences.

Central:

North- Notre Dame

South- Iowa

Conference Champion- Notre Dame

Eastern:

North-Alabama

South- Florida State

Conference Champion- Flroida State

North Atlantic:

North-Maryland

South- Virginia Tech

Conference Champion- Virginia Tech

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Conferences

Central:

North- Notre Dame

South- Iowa

Conference Champion- Notre Dame

Eastern:

North-Alabama

South- Florida State

Conference Champion- Flroida State

North Atlantic:

North-Maryland

South- Virginia Tech

Conference Champion- Virginia Tech

Bump

spacer.png

Conferences

Central:

North- Notre Dame

South- Iowa

Conference Champion- Notre Dame Iowa

Eastern:

North-Alabama

South- Florida State Florida

Conference Champion- Flroida State Alabama

North Atlantic:

North-Maryland

South- Virginia Tech West Virginia

Conference Champion- Virginia Tech Maryland

Just my take on it.

25yzwqg.png

The Semifinal, Third Place and NCG sites rotate every season (For example, this season would have the Orange Bowl as the NCG, the Sugar as the Third Place Game and the Rose and Fiesta as the Semifinals)

This small tidbit is a very good idea, I like it.

Tf9TG.jpg

Well this is one of the things I do for fun and to entertain myself. With all the talk of Super Conferences starting with Texas A&M and now possibly Oklahoma, I though I'd post here my take. So here we go.

First, I only have 4 "Super Conferences" of 16 teams each.

PAC 16

Starting with the Pac 12 that will become the Pac 16. I used the model that's circulating the airwaves of Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech. Two divisions "Oceanic" and "Southwest" - and yes, I know Washington State isn't on the Ocean, but for this set up - they're close enough.

OCEANIC

Washington

Washington State

Oregon State

Oregon

Stanford

California

Southern California

UCLA

SOUTHWEST

Utah

Colorado

Arizona

Arizona State

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Texas

Texas Tech

B16

The B1G "10" becomes the "BIG 16 or just BIG as they're brand kind of emulates currently. Just change that "I" to a 1 and the 0-G to a 6-G. Also yes, I think if there are super conference with the potential of a college playoff of some sort (You can still have a playoff and STILL have the bowl games, but that's for a another time). In any case if super conferences become a reality, Notre Dame will likely join.

GREAT PLAINS

Iowa

Nebraska

Minnesota

Wisconsin

Northwestern

Illinois

Indiana

Missouri

GREAT LAKES

Penn State

Pittsburgh

Ohio State

Michigan State

Michigan

Purdue

Notre Dame

Syracuse

Yeah, the Lakes might seem stacked to some, but it works itself out... most of the time :)

SEC

This was one of the hardest to figure out. I had Clemson, FSU, Miami, Maryland and GA Tech as potentials for expansion. Texas A&M was already considered in and placed in the SEC West. I've been reading that FSU is considering a jump to the SEC. Yes, the Gators will try to block them, but I think while FSU will bring recruiting challenges to Florida and the other surrounding states they're too much of a revenue machine to leave out. So they get in and are placed in the West. So with the SEC west set we focus on the East. I thought about West Virginia as well, and their addition would certainly expand the SEC footprint. VT also is an option. However just for region sake I chose Georgia Tech and Clemson. Though South Carolina and Georgia blocking GA Tech could pose an issue. If those blocks are successful, look for two of these three or ALL three: WVU, Virginia, Virginia Tech to jump the Big East/ACC for the SEC.

EAST

Florida

Kentucky

Tennessee

Georgia

South Carolina

Vanderbilt

Clemson

Georgia

WEST

Auburn

Alabama

LSU

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Mississippi

Texas A&M

Florida State

ACC

Kind of got pick-pocketed by other conferences. So the ACC raids the Big East

NORTH

West Virginia

Rutgers

Boston College

UCONN

Maryland

Cincinnati

Virginia Tech

Virginia

SOUTH

Miami

Duke

North Carolina

Wake Forest

NC State

South Florida

Louisville

East Carolina

The other conferences would look to expand as well, for instance the MWC would most likely would add Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State and possibly TCU and BYU.

The Big East would have to figure out something, but they may just merge with the ACC. If that happens TCU jets for the MWC 16

CUSA would probably have teams headed for another conference as well.

The Sunbelt and MAC seem unchanged for the most part.

• 1 year later...

OK... So, if I could blow up all the conferences, this would be my "Fantasy League....":

Conference 66: The Mother Road Conference

North:

Notre Dame, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State

South:

Texas, Texas Tech, New Mexico, Arizona, Arizona State, UCLA, USC

Every team plays all of their division (6 games), 1 permanent cross-division rival, plus 2 additional rotating cross-division games

Cross-division rivalries:

Oklahoma/Texas (In Dallas)

USC/Notre Dame

Texas Tech/Oklahoma State

The rest would be "fillers," as there are no "natural rivalries..."

UCLA/Illinois?

Arizona State/Kansas State?

Arizona/Kansas?

New Mexico/Missouri?

*Oklahoma/Texas would (as always) be played in Dallas. Additionally, Kansas/Missouri would resume play in Kansas City, and Notre Dame/Illinois would play in Chicago.

Simple math tells me that 128 teams in FBS (I wouldn't be surprised if this is a reality in the near future) could be organized into 8 conferences of 16 members.

8 conference championships between the two division winners, then 4 quarter-final matchups (bowl games or not, doesn't matter to me), then two national semifinals and the national championship. 16 weeks of college football, all tied together nicely.

As for the schedule:

4 divisional games

4 opposite division games

4 out-of-conference games (just in case the Independents still want to be involved in some fashion, this should help them out)

Archived