njmeadowlanders

NHL Soccer Kits

Can't believe this wasn't up here already (at least I didn't see it), here's all 30 NHL teams if they were soccer clubs:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Gallery-Every-NHL-team-jersey-re-imagined-as-so?urn=nhl-wp10660

Example:

6046527321_ea5d7f3c83_z.jpg

Montreal's are tight. I'll let you find that one on your own...

The Blackhawks would be so much better without the stripes in the middle.

6047074744_414d52d54a_o.png

Can't believe this wasn't up here already (at least I didn't see it), here's all 30 NHL teams if they were soccer clubs:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Gallery-Every-NHL-team-jersey-re-imagined-as-so?urn=nhl-wp10660

Example:

6046527321_ea5d7f3c83_z.jpg

Montreal's are tight. I'll let you find that one on your own...

Really makes me appreciate how there are no ads on the front of hockey jersey in the US and Canada.

I'd buy that Blue Jackets state flag shirt in a nanosecond.

These would be a lot better if not for some of the shoehorned throwback inspired looks.

These are individually very well done but I don't like the lack uniformity.

Yeah, I agree. I like the look of a lot of these shirts, but the fact that most teams don't use the same colors or even the same template for both shirts is sort of distracting and it takes away from the series as a whole in my opinion.

I know he was going by arena sponsors for most of these, but it still looks odd to see Boston sporting a TD logo and Carolina a RBC logo.

Can't help but look at this:

Screenshot2011-08-16at104007AM.png

and see this:

sharks-reebok-3pk-onesies.jpg

These are incredibly awesome. Would've loved to have seen a Thrashers version.

These would be a lot better if not for some of the shoehorned throwback inspired looks.

I think the throwback clash kits are what makes this concept so awesome.

You would be nuts not to turn this into a business.

The NHL baseball jerseys are pretty much universally panned. Is it the design that makes them maligned or the fact that it is using the jersey of another sport?

Yeah, I agree. I like the look of a lot of these shirts, but the fact that most teams don't use the same colors or even the same template for both shirts is sort of distracting and it takes away from the series as a whole in my opinion.

I see the point you're (both) making, but soccer "clash" kits, do just that. Since teams usually wear one iconic shirt most of the time, the secondary is often very different from the main shirt.

I was going to say, that these soccer shirts actually make some of the massive NHL uniform inconsistencies (Florida, Pittsburgh, etc) more palatable. It even allows for an interesting combination of eras (i.e. Vancouver; although having multiple logos is a bit odd).

I don't like the shirts that retain the RBK piping, but, overall, a creative series!