NHL Soccer Kits

njmeadowlanders

I admit. I watch about zero soccer. I was going to ask why these all have ads when the US soccer teams don't use ads on their jerseys. Then I did some Googling and found these gems:

chicago-1.gif

medu.jpg

Charlie-Davies-contributed-to-the-DC-United-win-over-Columbus-Crew-with-a-brace-59685.jpg

Goodness, and isn't this the sport that refuses to use a normal clock and instant replay because it will ruin the tradition of the game?

Goodness, and isn't this the sport that refuses to use a normal clock and instant replay because it will ruin the tradition of the game?

Don't start. This isn't the thread for that kind of stuff. Besides, soccer teams have had ads on their jerseys for decades, so it is traditional.

Tradition also states that there are no commercial breaks. So you have to make up the lost ad revenue somehow.

Also, Toronto is in Canada, not the US. And Yanks wonder why we go overboard with the leaf ;)

Don't start. This isn't the thread for that kind of stuff. Besides, soccer teams have had ads on their jerseys for decades, so it is traditional.

A sports logo forum with a thread about soccer uniforms with ads on them isn't the place to discuss soccer uniforms with ads on them?

Tradition also states that there are no commercial breaks. So you have to make up the lost ad revenue somehow.

Holy hell, I never thought of that before. :wacko:

A sports logo forum with a thread about soccer uniforms with ads on them isn't the place to discuss soccer uniforms with ads on them?

The reason no one wants to talk about ads on uniforms is because on this forum, seemingly without fail, any thread involving soccer jerseys gets a non-soccer fan to come in and complain/joke about the ads on jerseys. Just about every soccer fan accepts the ads though, because A) they realize the clubs have to make money/revenue, and B) without any commercial breaks, ads on the jerseys are a good way to make up for "lost" revenue. Soccer fans are totally ok with the ad on the jersey so long as it means that the game continues to be played for two uninterrupted halves.

So basically no one wants to talk about soccer shirt ads because it is both a total non-issue, and it has already been talked to death around these parts.

(Add the fact that ads on soccer shirts has been around for decades, and is seen as "traditional," you can see why your post was seen as odd/old hat, to the soccer fan.)

Someone redid them without the ads.

http://majupra.imgur.com/futbol_hockey_kit_no_sponsors

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Most of my opinions on these have been said. Some have been nice, mostly the simple designs. The ultra modern/piping/color splotch designs aren't the best. And while I know the color is accurate, the diarrhea brown Bruins throwback is horrendous.

My biggest problem is the location of some of the championship stars. I like the stars, and I like them when they are either directly above or directly to the side, but some really bug me. Like as a Ducks fan, I was really looking for the star on the Ducks one, and it took me a little while to find it, tucked in between the stick and the bill of the mask. Then there is the Flames one in the "C" opening, at the tip of the top swirl of the Canes logo, Under the Red Wings' wing, and under the Devils' tail. They're just oddly placed. I don't like it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

These were featured in the Toronto Star today.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived